Waterbeds impede lucid dreaming?

Hey guys, I have been a long time reader (about 3 1/2 months now) and being that this is my first post, I would like to use it to ask your opinions about this topic. Being that I have been attempting to LD for 3 1/2 months now I have only succeeded once, and that ended up lasting a total of one minute, as I discovered the dream, celebrated, and proceeded to fly straight up (superman style) and into the ceiling (ouch) and waking up. With that being said, I have not had another LD since, and I am beginning to wonder if my waterbed is at fault. So my question is, could the non-static surface a waterbed has (including its uber-relaxation properties), impede lucid dreaming? :confused:

Thank you in advance

I’ve never even sat on a water bed, let alone slept.

But I would think it doesn’t really make that much difference.

3 1/2 months and only one LD isn’t really that bad. It can take some people much longer just to have one, where as otheres pick it up easily.

Me personally have a had time intentionally lucid dreaming, I find I have more success by letting it happen naturally like when I was a child and had no idea what lucid dreaming was.

You’re negative thoughts about the waterbed have likely been there a while before you posted (just guessing) they themselves could be working against you, you believe it could be a problem and that is staying with your subconscious when you are asleep. You have had success though so that in it’s self should let you know it’s not the bed and don’t worry about the short lived lucid dream.

I know my first couple of intentional LDs I woke up more or less straight away because I got over excited. Keep at it and stay possitive :smile:

It took me two months to have my first LD after I learned about lucid dreaming. (Of course, not including the many that I had as a young child.) I agree with Dark Matter, your negative thoughts might be pushing that LD farther away. I don’t think the water bed matters much, but if you have another mattress available in your house, you should use it for a while and see if it makes a difference.

Good luck with future LD’s!
-Saphira

Hehe, i think waterbeds mainly help you to have a comfy position in bed and so to relax easier.
Ofc it’s an important factor in LD’ing if you’re relaxed or not, so i think it does actually help you, and if it doesn’t help you directly it might at least help you passively, by strengthening your will somehow :wink:

it’s now 5 months since i’ve started trying

/me considers getting a waterbed…

I love those!

I dunno, it probably depends on where you’re most comfortable. Personally, I sleep on the floor every night. Water Bed vs. Floor- take your pick! :razz: If you’re comfortable the way you are, then it shouldn’t be a problem. :smile:

Thanks for all your input guys, you just might be right about my negative thoughts pushing LD’s away, I’ll try a more passive approach from now on. Wish me luck!

Good luck! :cool_laugh:

Next chance you get, go ahead and introduce yourself in The Big “Hi, I’m New Here!” Topic - Part XXVII. :grin: