The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part III

Because you can do a FA nightmare and I think if I was doing one sometime I would have the fear of my life .

Ya, I suppose that that would suck pretty horribly. :eek:

Hi digital_me!

Congrats on your good results! :clap: It seems to me too that it was, as you said, a “semi-LD”, that is something between LD’ing and clear imagination or vizualization. If I remember well, some people noticed such semi-LD’s before (perhaps JaRoD and Siiw).

I hope you’ll have a full WILD soon! :smile:

Me too! I’m going to try again today, since I haven’t had any time over the past couple days. I also need to work on my dream-recall, because I think that I might have had LD’s the last two nights, but I can’t remember. :cry: I know this, because I have awoken suddenly at around 11:30 the past couple nights after going to bed around 11. I went through some HI before I fell asleep, so I think that I may have had some sort of WILD/MILD experience, but I dunno. :shrug: I also like the idea of LDing during the day at will, rather than at night, when I just want to sleep.

I had several semi-LD after having a LD too.

I think I had an LD this morning. I had just woken up, then I thought I’d try and LD. I just closed my eyes, and very soon, I saw dark red, then a sound that sounded like blood pounding in my ears, then, I was on a pool table, presumably in an LD. It felt pretty real, I was able to walk around and stuff and saw members of my family. I tried to create dream characters of my own and to change the scenery, but I couldn’t.

As for the place where I was, I didn’t know the place, and I can’t remember much about it, but it was a house, and I have a feeling it was in Spain for some reason…weird.

Was this an LD?

I think so. If you were into the dream and didn’t look at it like it was a movie, it was a LD. Waw! You got a WILD very easily!

reposting this in the proper thread:

I had my first ‘official’ lucid dream in 15 years last week. By ‘official’ I mean I realized that I was dreaming, and then used that to jump & fly higher.

Last night I didn’t officially realize that I was dreaming, but I did think ‘I can control how high I can jump/fly’, and was able to do so. Does that count?

Last night I had a dream where I think I was lucid, I remember looking at the room I was in and everything suddenly seemed like real life and everything, I tried to fly but only floated a few feet above the ground. But I don’t know if I was lucid because I don’t fully know if I knew if I was dreaming or not. I remembered this the most out of my dreams. I think after it I went into a normal dream, but I remember being happy that I’d done a LD, in the ND…I’m not sure, if I was in a LD then it’s my first time but it probably wasn’t a LD.

Merged to the BIG Was it a LD? topic

Ok, Iv been working on having and LD for a little over a month, last night Im pretty sure I had but would like to hear what someone else has to say about it.
My Dream:

I was in my bed in the middle of my street and I guess I had just woken up and I look at my house to see my Aunts car parked in the grass and I asked my self why did she park in the grass, then asked myself how can I see perfect with out my contacts or glasses, then the big question, what the hell was doing in my bed in the middle of the street in front of my neighbors house? So I said “I must dreaming” so I got out of my bed, and I kept saying in my mind “Im dreaming” because the last two times I realized I was dreaming I woke right away and read that if I remind myself “Im dreaming” Ill stay lucuid, so I did. So then I said almost sarcastic “If Im dreaming, then I can do a front flip”, which their is no chance in hell can do actually do one, but I did it perfect! So I turn to me left and see my neighbors house and say “Ok, if Im dreaming, I can jump up on her roof” and I did effortlessly! So Im on her roof and decide to fly, so I jump off and fly and try to do a loop but when I got to the top I started to fall so I just kinda put my feet down and landed softly in my lawn. I was a little confused but said whatever and took off and flew again, I could fly straight and fast very easily but gaining altitude was very hard, I could only get a little above the trees. So then after flying and looking at the sun, because it looked soo cool, I landed on my backyard deck and decided to jump off it, so I ran to the edge and stopped, I was afraid of hitting the ground, so I backed up and tryed it again and again I stopped, I turned around and asked myself “Why am I afraid to jump, this is a dream” and then everything when black, I tryed to do a dreamspin but failed and woke up.

Im like 90% sure I had a lucid dream I just want to see what you all think, either way it was amazing experince. Thanks.

Yep that’s definatly a Lucid dream, way to go. That’s really awesome. :thumbs:

Sweet, thanks a lot! :smile:

no problem :smile:

Hi superdave! It doesn’t count. It’s a controlled dream, not a lucid dream. :tongue:

Hi Kiriona! It was not a lucid dream. It’s something like a “false awakening”. I just had a FA tonight, very similar to yours: I woke up it my bedroom and it has changed. I supposed something was wrong, I looked at my hands and I could turn it into a LD. :happy: Those sort of dreams which are close to lucidity are called “prelucid dreams”. There are a sign that you are likely to have LD’s soon. Good luck! :smile:

Flying is a good way to do a LD. Everytime I try to fly in a dream its a good Dream Sign to know that in a dream because we can’t fly in real life.

I was doing WILD and WBTB. After awhile, I was in English class and my teacher was asking some kid some questions. I left here and was in a new dream, walking through my school. I knew right away that I was dreaming and told myself this. I have had trouble having a LD so I have planned that, on my first lucid, I must talk to my subconcious and ensure to have more of these. I remember going to some other place with my friends. We went to see God, and I asked him to make sure I have a LD every night. He gave me blue soccerball with a sticky note on it that was for another of my friends and how he needs to improve his grades. It was written in colorful letters. I did many other things. Like trying to stop time, and use superpowers, but most of the time it never worked.

I am not sure if this really was a LD or not. I have been deeply interested in LD and have tried for about a month with WILD to have one. The reason I don’t think it was, is because it was not very vivid, and that I couldn’t do half the stuff I wanted to. My idea is that, either I couldn’t recall all the details(even though my dream recall is good enough to were I wrote a full 5 pages on a dream I had just two nights before). My second thought is that, since I have been reading other peoples dreams too, that I just had been thinking so much of being lucid, that it was all just a ND. Or maybe I had the wrong idea of a LD. It just wasnt as near vivid/real as I expected. Maybe I was just not fully lucid. I even tried yelling in my dream such things as, “Increase Lucidity Now!”

Basically, I suppose it was a LD, because I knew for a fact, that I was dreaming. Any help please?

Nice! Congratulations. I hope my next LD is that interesting. In my first one, the only thing out of the ordinary that I did was cause an apple to appear in the palm of my hand.

Definitly an LD! Congratulations :grin:

Hi Fwump38,

As you said, basically it was a LD. Vividness and control are not clearly related with lucidity. Some LD’s are very realistic and some aren’t at all. Some people said you can increase them by the way you tried, by shouting “Increase Clarity Now!” for instance.

(Grrr! Another topic merged and another posts mixing. :grrr: I still have to pay more attention to this next time).

Thats an awesome LD! Congrats :ok: