the BIG 'Help me with my computer!' topic

Spy Sweeper, Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, CWShredder => good programs for removing such things :smile: Tried them yet?

I’ve tried Ad-Aware, but it doesn’t detect anything, and Spybot, which finds and deletes the problems, but the problem is that the thing is detected again every time I restart Windows. It creates many files in the Temp folder, which run as processes. I blocked them all and erased them with Eraser that overwrites each file something like 35 times, but as I restarted Windows, there were more files in Temp. I need to find the process that creates those files.

use REGcleaner, you can set up your install list, programs, software, backups etc with it

As it turned out to be, it was the famous CoolWWWSearch. I’ve looked for info and downloaded a program (which has already been suggested by Fadem) to delete what other programs couldn’t delete, ie certain parts of said thing. There are still files in Temp that I can’t delete and keep respawning, but I guess they’re normal. Also because Spybot doesn’t detect anything anymore. Thanks guys. It’s been a real challenge, I managed to manually mutilate the spyware here and there removing a lot of files, but it didn’t go away until I used CWShredder. All its base are belong to us.

Glad I could help :content:

That happens with some of the music in my Windows Media Player playlists, they won’t work on the player, but whenever i delete them they come back!

Don’t forget that most viruses often screw with your registry, so search in an AntiVirus database for details about the virus you get, and find the registry keys that cause this. (Most likely it was a respawner key, or a connection that re-downloaded and re-installed itself on command.)

Exacly. They were all edited registry keys.

I knew it! Your registry WAS edited!

Glad I could help out with my wisdom. :content:

It wasn’t only CWWWS, it’s something from “Universa Applications”, it keeps respawning even if I have deleted its registry key. HELP!!!

Crap… Better search on that one…

I’ve also discovered it starts popping up only if I use IE.

Try using Firefox then. :tongue:

If you really know what your doing, try HijackThis…

But, it’s really really risky to do stuff without info from experts, because you could damage your computer…

So maybe if you post a scan log here I’ll try and search what’s dangerous and what not…

Ok. I use Opera, so it’s not a problem. I wouldn’t touch IE with a 10 feet long cursor anyway. The thing is that some thing I still can’t identify creates files in Temp called win[number].tmp, and they keep growing and respawning. They are awfully tiny, but some of them run as processes and that’s kind of annoying. Is there a program that tells which program created a certain file?

My internet goes as slow as possible now .
I keep getting freezes while playing tibia (MMORG game , it just stops for a minute and so …).
LD4all too goes slow :sad:
I had 150 mb. space on the comp. to spare , then I deleted some fiels and now have 1,67 GB.(from a disk on total 20 gb.) But it still goes slow as h***

I opened windows process manager (my stranslation might be bad) and discovered that in the moment I write this are 40 - 45 processes running …

Any wievs on what to do ?

I would love to get help ! :smile:

hey Petter

You might Have some Adware or Spyware which is making your comp run slower. Try and get rid of Adware and Spyware.

Also Check if you have any virus’s if so delete them using programs such as norton anti virus.

Do a Disk Clean up

Do a Disk Defragment (This helps alot)

Also Petter try to delete more things to get more space.

If none of these help then simple things like your desktop can affect the speed. So have a plain black background ( not very intresting but if it helps then who cares)
Oh yeh also if the comp keeps freezing there might be alot of dust inside, so clean it. (its what happend with mine)

All these things can help the speed, tell me how it goes

ConstantDreamer

+1 on the ad/spyware

+2 on the ad/spyware.

You may also want to defrag your disks from time to time, to keep 'em humming properly. Oh wait, that’s been mentioned. slaps forehead Right. +1 on that then :wink:

How do I take away the ad/spyware ?

I did a full system search for virus with norton antivirus this night , no files found .:confused:

I must delete about 1 more giga to be able to dfrag :confused:

/me goes deleting