Serious sleeping problems... NEED HELP!

Ok, this is my major problem that has sometimes almost been keeping me up all night…

I almost fall asleep, I get to the hypnogogic state, but I realize that I do, and then wake up from the state. This has been really frustrating, because normaly it takes about 2 hours for me to fall asleep! This happens always and ecspellially when I try to LD.

Need help now! I`m dying of tiredness!

That sounds pretty bad, although I don’t really know what to say. I have a similar problem in that it can take me in hour to get to sleep, and if I’m not tired enough, forget it.

hey there

Erm maybe should should do more sports so that way you are really tired when you go to bed. Just a idea
Another idea is to meditate before you go to bed then it should be easier because you are more relaxed.
Also you could have a nice bath before you go to bed then have some hot milk or my favorite Horlicks. Have nothing which is stimulating.

Constant Dreamer :grin:

If you’re “dying of tiredness” then just forget LD and go to sleep normally. Sleep deprivation is a serious problem, you need sleep to keep going. Rest restores physical and mental vigor and promotes healing. If you have too much energy or can’t quiet your mind enough to sleep then do some excercises to get rid of the energy. I jog for a few miles if I have too much energy, that does the trick real fast. If sleeping is still a problem then you might want to tell your doctor about it. You gotta take care of yourself buddy. :content:

I’ve suffered from insomnia all my life, and really the best thing I’ve found is sleeping pills. I never remember my dreams when I take them, but at least I sleep.

If you’re reluctant to resort to prescription drugs you could try melatonin, I find that just one or two mg of that can really help me sleep, although I seem to build up an immunity if I take it too often. But even with melatonin I have trouble remembering my dreams, so if you’re really focused on LDing that may not be the best way to go.

Other things that work well are a hot bath, sex or masturbation, and exercise during the day (not right before bed though, that can keep you up).

When it takes you a long time to fall asleep, that usually means that WILD is not the technique for you. Try MILD instead. It is perfect for people like us who go to bed at ten and are still up by midnight. I’ve never been successful at WILD in my life.

Try a relaxing CD that promotes sleep.
Before bed just pop it in your stereo, put it on “repeat album” and let the music carry you away to restful sleep, (or dream land if you’re lucky!!! :content:)

I found that when I watch a really boring movie before bed, I become relaxed and drowsy… and then I slip into bed and fall asleep realy fast(:

Oh yeah, reading and watching TV both do well to relax your eyes and make sleep a little easier to obtain, I still prefer relaxing music myself though.

Definitly reading, but be sure to read something that you are familiar with, otherwise you might be excited, or you might not be able to take your eyes off the book! :tongue:

Hey thanks for all the tips! Ive been exercising a bit every day, and meditated right before getting to bed. It helps alot.

No problem Childhood

ConstantDreamer :grin:

try to work out or stretch that way your comfortable , you should try some meditation or blinking your eyes, or staring at a wall. I did think that blinking my eyes was a silly suggestion, but it works for me and makes alot of sence. Your eye lids become heavy and you just drift off to sleep. Also , try not to think about LD’s too much. Hope that helps.

+1 to staring at the wall or ceiling

ConstantDreamer :grin:

use auto suggestion seems best for me and you can just fall asleep normally :smile:

thanks. :smile:

Yeah. WILD from when you go to sleep vs WILD from WBTB is a lot different, so i suggest not hopping into bed and going straight into wild. you loose a lot of sleep. i’ve lost whole nights over it.