Very weird dream with a kind of premonition...

I had a really weird ND last night - I dreamt in which my hamster had escaped - which has happened twice in 2 years IRL. I never have these types of dreams, normally I just have really random dreams, but this one seemed so real - anyway, when I woke up, you’ve guessed it :tongue:, the first thing I saw was my hamster running across my bedroom floor!

And a really weird thing is, I just spoke to my sister, and she says that she had a dream he escaped - this is an amazing coincidence for it to be just chance!

Can anybody think of a rational explanation for this, is it possible that when I had one of those brief waking periods that you forget in the morning, I saw him and it got absorbed into my subconscious? Or would I wake up properly if I saw something like this? For the record, I was not the one responsible for him escaping :wink: , so it wouldn’t be in my subconcious that way…

Ed :smile:

EDIT: Thought of a pretty weak rational explanation, if anyone can think of one better, please do so :tongue:

I suppose this would come under remote viewing…
Not sure how to explain it, but I can tell u I had a experience similar, but not really a dream.

I was lying on the floor of my bedroom as I usually do to cool off during warm weather before going to bed. I fell asleep for sometime, and suddenly my eyes shot open and I sensed something was wrong. So I got up and switched on the room light. Wadda u know? A cockroach had came within half a metre to where I was lying down!

I guess mine was probably sixth sense rather than remote viewing.

Btw, was your dream exactly like the situation u saw after u awoken? If it was, then it’s really remote viewing…

Thanks for the reply :smile: Can the events in a remote viewing be seperated in time? Because I saw what happened exactly, and then it went off into one of my “ordinary” random dreams :tongue: It still seems really weird, as I have never had anything like that happen before! It’s a good job it happened, or I would have been dealing with a lost hamster now! :grin:

Hmm. Then in that case it could be prerecognitive dreaming.

Was the scene in your dream the exact or very similar to the situation you awoke to including perspectives? Like you saw it in your dream the exact or almost exact way when you woke up.

If you experienced a Dejavu(or whatever how u spell it) before, it’s most likely also prerecognitive dreaming.

Cool, my experience was just like that, it was quite incredible :smile: Thanks for giving me a name for it :happy:

~Ed~

That’s very cool. Wish I could help back it up, but I’ve never had a dream like that.

I wouldn’t worry about it, I have never had anything close to this before, but it just suddenly happened - so it may happen to you some day too :smile:

i dont know if ther is a “rational” explanation for such thing. the dreamscape is a powerful place. ancient tribes and other cultures put much trust into the precognative fields of the dream world, and to other messages and images contained within.

i also have had dreams with premonitions in them. to me a rational explanation is something that logic/science can explain. i dont think there is such a thing for dreams of this nature.

Iv`e had a similar dream!

I ALMOST woke up one morning, and realized that I was half-asleep. So I thought that Id try to WILD. But then after a while almost drifting back to sleep, I suddenly felt my cat walking on my back (I was laying on my stomach), and believe it or not, I then got into sleep-paralysis... It was the most frustrating thing ever, because my cat was keeping me from falling asleep, and would wake me up somehow if I did. After a while I suddenly snapped out of the sleep-paralysis and then stood up from bed, and got my cat out of the room. Then the next thing I knew after I closed the door, I was ACTUALLY still laying in bed sleeping. So my cat had actually never been inside my room, I didnt really stood up from bed, It was all just a dream… I even took a reality check during my false awakening, by thinking that when opening the door of my room, there would be a some kind of monster outside, but there was no monster. Probably the most realistic and frustrating dream iv`e ever had…

I’ve been watching over a puppy lately and I just worry about her being ignored by her Mother. So you might be right. :smile:

Oh ya, to elaborate further on my previous post, I’m saying that, you know, maybe one day you were like, er, for example, walking down the street, then you see a coin and u pick it up, and while u pick it up, u suddenly realised you had done this before although you’ve never really done it. But somehow you knew it happened before?

When really think about it, I realise that these prerecognitive scenes actually come from my dreams. Just that it took weeks, maybe months before the actual scene happened…

A lot of my dejavus is based on my dreams. Today I saw a real metalhead with long black hair and scary chains hanging from the belt, after a while I realised that I had dreamt about being a hardboiled metalhead myself…

I know exactly what both of you are saying - I think that all my déjà vu comes from my dreams - whenever I have it I feel that I can recall a fragment of memory from one of my dreams, whether this happened days, weeks, months or even years ago.

~Ed~

Yeah I’d have dejavu and then realize it came from a dream and something about it was similar but not exacly the same thing and I’d try to tell other people I know , why they get it when they ask me but they don’t think that Dejavu comes from dreams. I believe you about that.