The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part III

Definitly an LD! Congratulations :grin:

Hi Fwump38,

As you said, basically it was a LD. Vividness and control are not clearly related with lucidity. Some LD’s are very realistic and some aren’t at all. Some people said you can increase them by the way you tried, by shouting “Increase Clarity Now!” for instance.

(Grrr! Another topic merged and another posts mixing. :grrr: I still have to pay more attention to this next time).

Thats an awesome LD! Congrats :ok:

k, I have a question…

I have dreams quite often where I never really have an RC, that is realize that I’m dreaming, but I do feel my self making decisions and guiding my actions within the dream…
is this lucid?
what do I call it?

(I’m completely new at this, this is actually my first day here at the website, prior to this I had never even heard of lucid dreaming).

I just realized that this question has already been answered…sorry…

but to be sure…would this then be a controlled dream, but not a lucid dream?

No, that is not a lucid dream. A lucid dream is defined as you having the knowledge that you’re dreaming. You can still act and make decisions, etc, just like you would in real life…funny thing id, in real life you’re not always ‘lucid’ either :wink:

It may be a conscious dream or a controlled dream. In a conscious dream, your consciousness is near to the waking one but you don’t know you’re dreaming. Generally, a controlled dream differs from a conscious dream because you can drastically and voluntarily modify your dream but you’re not always very aware of what you do. There are lots of possibilities halfway between this and lucid dreams and false awakenings. I don’t know if there is a ready-made name for what you precisely describe. A generic name would be a “prelucid dream”.

Hi all,
I never thought I’d have to post in this thread, for some reason I always assumed I would know if I’d had a LD.
Anyway, last night I dreamed I was in my bedroom, and looked at the mirror. I saw the note stuck to it (I stuck a note on IRL, saying “you’re dreaming!”), and decided to do some RC’s. After a few others, I tried holding my nose and breathing, and found that I could! I ‘knew’ this meant I was dreaming, and was quite excited but didn’t wake up. I can’t remember how long I was in this state for, but I’m fairly sure I lost it before the dream ended.
However, due to my not-so-good recollection of the dream, and the fact that I’ve dreamed about being lucid before without actually being lucid, I’m not sure if this was real lucidity or not. Also, I’m not entirely sure if I was in control of the dream when I became lucid, although I was excited (I know control isn’t required to be lucid, but I don’t even know if I was in control or not).
Can anybody say from their experience of LD’s if this sounds like an actual LD or not?

Hello everybody.
So after reading about lucid dreaming i had a dream last night, i was in an odd building that ive never seen before. It felt like something was in my thoat and i couldnt get it out, anyway i started bleeding out of my mouth (quite unpleasent). At which point i questioned whether i was dreaming, i didnt like what was happening and i tried to wake up.
Next thing i remember the dream scene changed and i was at a race track, everything seemed undetailed, i tried to concentrate on the scenery and bring detail to it and that seemed to work.
For some reason there were two barrels in the middle of the track, i tried to pick them up with my mind and throw them, and this worked. Thats all i remember of the dream.
Anyway i was wondering if this seems like a lucid dream, or was i just dreaming i had superpowers about throwing barrels around.

Hi RichardJ, it sounds like a LD. I suppose you didn’t plan anything to do in it, so that your lucidity faded quickly. Moreover, when you wake up a long time after you had a LD, remembrance is not that good, so that you don’t feel it has been a true LD. I’m glad to see your idea of stucking a note on your mirror worked perfectly! :smile:

Xeigen, it was probably a LD. Did you fully realize that you were dreaming? In my opinion, the fact that you concentrated and brought details to your dream seems to show that you realized it was a dream. But if you don’t know if you were lucid, it’s probably due to the fact that your lucidity level was rather low.

You can enhance your lucidity level by shouting “More lucidity!” or performing RC’s. Generally, it’s easy to notice that you become lucid, cause it’s like the dream and your mind become suddenly clearer. If it’s still blury, you are in a very low lucidity level.

Hmm yes i definitely realised i was dreaming, but it wasnt entirely clear. So it probably was a low level of lucidity.

Howdy all, first entry on this forum.

I’ve been aware of the phenomenon of lucid dreaming for awhile, though I’ve never taken the time to read and experience it until a few days ago. I do no methods for DR, except keeping a DJ, since I tend to remember 2-3 dreams every night.

When it gets to lucid dreaming, I’ve had many throughout the years, even before I knew there was such a thing. I’ve always thought of it as something natural and thought everyone experienced gaining control over their dreams. This is dreams with very low lucidity however, and has felt like normal dreams. I tried MILD with no success on thursday and after that I really have not tried to achieve it.

Yesterday, however, I woke up around 9am, somewhat morning-afterish, got out of bed and down to the kitchen. Drank some water and went back to bed after around 15min. A performing of an unconscious WBTB. I had no further thoughts about LD at all. The first dream I can remember after that, I spotted one of my regular dream themes and realized I was dreaming. I felt more excited than I’ve done before, probably because I have never been aware of what this was. Almost instantly I was close wake up, but I focused to stay in the dream and rubbed my hands and spinned.

I tried to levitate with no success, but after a few tries of flying I started to fly within doors. I saw an open window that was all black, so why not fly outdoors as well? I fell straight to the ground. The weird thing throughout the dream is that I constantly was rubbing hands and saying to myself “I’ve become lucid, I’ve become lucid.” I did no RCs as I didn’t even think of it (probably because I haven’t been used to do them yet), and the lucidity was of very low level. It changed from ND to LD all the time, and I were dreaming normally even though I kept repeating I was lucid and it was all a dream. Got this feeling that I was dreaming I was lucid. I also tried to generate a DC of a certain person, but I instead of the person I had in mind, I got some totally unknown guy.

I constantly entered walls to change location, and had like 10 different dreams in the same dream. Some with low lucidity. Some dreams were even connected, like when I spoke to some friends of a person, then got this person’s address and then just entered a wall and the location had changed to her house.

I wake up thinking, I’ve had a lucid dream. Any tips on how to increase lucidity and help my mind to a more logical state? I rubbed hands, spinned, told myself this was a LD. The level of lucidity still was low. And I actually lost lucidity while I was saying to myself I was dreaming. Seems like I really didn’t think about it even though I constantly told me so. Next time I’ll try to do some simple maths, asking for more lucidity loud and not least do RCs!

This was my second time of trying the WILD technique. I started by focusing on my feet while breathing, and working my way up to my head, all the while repeating to myself that I was dreaming. Then, after reaching my head I started to repeat that. I hadn’t yet finished this second round when my body started to feel tingly, especially in the places I was concentrating on. Then, my body felt sort of weird, like I was aware of it but it didn’t feel quite so heavy, almost like I could have been floating. But I didn’t dare open my eyes in case I was awake. I realised at that point that I wasn’t really sure whether you were supposed to open your eyes at this stage, or if lucid dreaming just happened. I don’t remember if the ‘weightless’ feeling stopped or not but I remember suddenly seeing sort of wavy lights, almost like a black and white aurora. I remembered reading about reaching out to a light, but it didn’t seem the sort of thing I could reach out and catch. I don’t remember what happened after that…

So, my question is: what happened? Was this anything to do with an LD? Can anyone help??

Might try again tonight and see if anything happens…

Hi Skoe and KayJuran! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Techniques which are based upon autosuggestion like MILD don’t generally work on the first day.

It seems your LD was rather long. I think it’s due to the fact that you have been rubbing your hands and repeating that you were dreaming all the time. It was a good thing. I often advice to look at one’s hands from time to time as a prolonging technique, but rubbing one’s hands has the same effect. It’s quite hard to maintain lucidity, it naturally tends to fade. You have been surprised by the fact your mind was not in a logical state, but it’s the most common thing during LD’s. Trying to do simple maths could be a good technique, I’ve had a rather good lucidity level once by just counting.

In Tibetan yogas, they say you see a white flash just before you fall asleep. It’s perhaps what happened to you. But I’ve the feeling it was just normal phosphenes. If there was a sort of repetitive movement in these lights, for instance a rotation, they were phosphenes. You faintly see them when you just go to sleep, they are like grey clouds of little fuzzy dots, but after a while, there are more present and luminous.

Thanks for the reply and welcome. A couple of hours ago I took an afternoon nap and had another lucid moment. No techniques were used. Once again I didn’t think of doing an RC or a technique to increase lucidity, meaning I lost it quite fast and went back to the dream schedule.

My question however, is if it really is necessary at all to perform a technique to gain lucidity when it seems to come natural? Will it increase the dreams or anything? If not I’ll just focus on staying lucid and increase lucidity.

Thanks for the welcome! :peek:

Haven’t had much luck with actual LD’s so far, but I had the greatest DR this morning. I’ve never remembered so much of a dream before. Sure, there were still some pretty vague parts, but that happens to me in real life too. :content: I’m thinking I should start keeping a DJ next to my bed from now on.

Question: Is there danger in trying every night or does it not matter?

Wish me luck!

Have you had natural LD’s before ? If yes, no technique is necessary. Anyway, focusing on staying lucid and increase lucidity is a technique. It’s not a known one but it’s yours. If it works, just keep it. :smile:

There is no danger at all. Most of us practice a technique every night. Good luck! :wink:

The other night I had a dream that I had a lucid dream. I dreamt that my dreamself fell asleep, and he had a lucid dream. I myself didn’t have any control over what happened, but the whole dream is in my memory more than most dreams are. I remember the ddream like I remember events during my waking hours. Is this any form of a low lucid dream, or some other kind of lucid dream?

:wave: Fenikkusu!

Many of us lucid dreamers experience this now and then. And most of us did when we were trying lucid dreaming for the first time.
What you had was probably not a lucid dream. Remember: Lucid dreams are dreams where you are aware that you’re dreaming.
BUT! You are getting real close to having a lucid dream! Shouldn’t be long now! Just have determination, and carry on deligently practising!

Hi Fenikkusu! Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I think Tw15t3r summarized well the question. The main thing is knowing that you are dreaming (or sleeping). If you don’t, it’s not a lucid dream. Anyway, dreams about dreams, lucid dreams or lucid dreaming stuff are called prelucid dreams. It’s a good sign and you generally have a LD a few time after you had them.

I’ll move your question into the “BIG Was this a LD?” topic.

Splitted from the “Competition Rankings for March” topic :eek: and merged here

Hi all:

I’ve been trying to LD for a while now and last nite I think I had a sucess- but I’m not sure. I was awake but I think I may have been dreaming I was awake instead of really being awake. Does that make sense? I experienced leaving my body, walking thru tables and screens and even people, but I think I might have dreamt it instead of being truly "lucid’. Does anyone know what i mean? Any advice or ideas? Post back or e-mail rmnl@mho.net

Thank you VERY much for your help!!

Ben :smile: