Music to listen to

I’m getting mixed messages with the music, while some people tell me to listen to heavy metal, others say new age electronica. Which is truly better?

Whatever suits you best in your opinion. :wink:

Anything Jimi Hendrix, but 1983 (a merman I should come to be) is definitely a great dreamy sci-fi song that has like 6 guitar tracks of mastery on it. I recomend it.

Hmm…as much as I like electronica/trance, the kind that I like only gives me more energy. For relaxation I like monk chant, some kind of quiet piano, or new age. Thats just my thing, I don’t really like off the wall head banger metal or someone ripping off drum solos when I’m trying to chill…

Das Boot by Kraftwerk is has a realy good sound :content: its highly enjoyable :smile: try it, calm AND fast, and a good tune

I find sami chanting relaxing as well. :smile:

sweet, i’ll try some jimi tonight

One of Ravi Shankar’s nighttime ragas.

ive been listening to music while falling asleep for about a week now to see how it goes into my dreams, and its gone in twice that i can remember. too bad i didnt realize the music coming out of my car radio(and a wall sterio system in the other dream)was from my mp3 player. could be a good dreamsign if you dont wake up from the music

Amazed by how, in 8 pages, nobody has mentioned them, I would suggest Enya and Era. Also, there are lot sof new age and/or celtic music that, at least to me, seem quite for inducing increased consciousness…

I’ve been working on flying the past couple nights, so I made a playlist of songs about flying. So far it’s pretty short:
TOOL: 10,000 days
Pink Floyd: Great Gig in the Sky
Pink Floyd: Learning to Fly
Neil Young: Expecting to Fly
REO Speedwagon: Time for Me to Fly
Pearl Jam: Angel
Pearl Jam: Given to Fly

I know there are other songs that would fit also. So far it seems it has been helpful…both nights I went lucid, remembered to fly, and remembered to listen for the music. Not sure if the music tipped me off that I was dreaming, or that I was able to hear the music after I was already lucid.

Psychedelia/Baroque gets me in the mood.

Sleeping with Pink Floyd playing is always a nice thing to do. :content:

I would also recommend classical music, jazz and especially Gershwin to those who enjoy that. And brazillian chorinhos always give me nice dreams.

Er… have y’all heard of Binaural Beats? They change your brain state… but aren’t really music. I’ve used them regularly at night and sometimes get some pretty cool results?

explosions in the sky is amazing to listen too so is sigur ros and mogwai

Ray Lynch - The Oh of Pleasure. Be prepared to have a dream that has something to do with space!

Does Pink Floyd work?

If I listened to music while sleeping it would probably be…Moby, Cocteau Twins, Depeche Mode, or some light ambient or new age… Steve Roach has some pretty funky new age! :smile: I really like classical and drumbeats too.

I keep going to Lucid Quest and trying to download some tracks (which I can’t do even WITH a membership)…could someone HELP ME?! I can’t download any “free” mp3’s. I think the site was making it all up. If anyone could give me a step by step way of doing this, that’d be great. I think my internet is messed up. :grrr: :bored: :help:

LDGirl

Sometimes listening to movie music tracks can do some with Ludicity. I mean, I like the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

You could try listening to David Gray, Counting Crows, Placebo, U2, Remy Zero, Iron And Wine, Grateful Dead, The Verve, etc. Give those a try.

If you like that trance stuff, Enya’s also good. I’m not a big fan though. I do like the LucidQuest music though.

There is a site, (you could try to Google it), where you can make you own ambient/trance/electronica songs for free. I can’t remember the program name. I use to have it on my old computer. If I remember or anyone else finds it, I’ll come back to that.