The BIG Déjà Vu topic

deja vu about this topic :wink: merged you into the already existing deja vu topic :smile:

i sometimes think that deja vu is dreams coming true…

at least dreams that iv written down that come true after a couple days/week, the feeling that happens when they come true is almost exactly like deja vu…

i write it off as deja vu until i go home read my dream jorunal and see that i actually had a dream of what just came true.

That’s really the curious thing, cause people who experince deja-vu have this very feeling, though I’m quite sure they never could verify that a dream came true! :eh:

I’ve had the same feeling too but I never found in my DJ a dream which came true (there was just one exception and it wasn’t the same feeling at all). It would be interesting if you can find some dreams in order to verify.

iv mentioned in other threads around here some of the preminition/pre cog dreams that iv had.

i havnt had too many significant ones most of them could be called coincidences but some are almost spooky.

of course iv had deja vu that has not to my knowledge have anything to do with something that iv dreamed.

a couple of the bigger precog type of dreams iv had, back in school i dreamt that my friend was not at school the next day, but i saw him in the dream and he had a cast on his arm. he was not at school the next day and he had infact broken his arm.

another one, i had a random dream out of nowhere that my parents came into my room with a suitcase and told me to pack it, that we were goin on holiday. the next day my mum came in with the exact same suitcase and said you cant live here any more, you have to leave.

another time i got into sort of a food fight with my mates in a dream. a few days later i got into the same fight as the dream, in the exact same place, the exact same words weere spoken before during and after the fight as they had been in the dream.

i had a dream that my mate told me that another mate had quit smoking weed. the next day the first thing my mate told me was that the guy had quit smoking.

another one, i had a dream i was viewing myself in the 3rd person. i was sittin down on a bench in a park. the park was very clear to me. i had never been there before, but i remembered it. i was sitting a particular way, in particular clothes. the next day i had to walk to this cop station to pick something up, i had never walked there before or even been in that neighbourhood before. on the way back i saw a park and stopped there for a rest. i noticed i was seated in the exact same seat, the exact same way, the exact same clothes, the exact same park. i had never even been in that neighbourhood or seen that park before in my life. there was also a mother with a baby in a stroller near a swing in the background, just like in the dream. id bet money that it was the exact same baby/mother as in the dream, they looked identical.

each time, a great sense of deja vu. when i thought about it more deeply, i remember that it might have actualy happened before in a dream and then i check my DJ and see that it did.

wierd eh.

Yes, that’s weird. Now you told it, I remember your precog dream about the broken arm.

Since I can remember I’ve had Deja Vu. For some periods of my life I get them very often (like everyday) and other periods I get them less often. Sometimes my Deja Vus are dreams that I’ve had but most of the times they are not. I don’t only get the feeling that I’ve seen or heard or I’ve lived this before but I actually know what is going to happen in the next moment. Three years ago I wondered if one could stop a Deja Vu and in a way prove it inaccurate. Although I thought Deja Vus were positive experiences it frastated me that I had no control over them. When I had Deja Vus the experience would usually take me over and I would sit there in awe watching what I knew was going to happen. So I wanted to change a Deja Vu.Change what I knew was going to happen. It took me a while to actually try it because I would always forget.My Deja Vu s were so powerful that I would forget everything else.But the right opportunity came and finally i remembered.I was talking with a friend and I said something that started a Deja Vu. I knew exactly what she was going to say and how I was going to reply. This was my longest Deja Vu.It lasted 3-5 minutes.We were talking about something that we had never talked before. There was no way I could know what she was going to say in 3 minutes time and how I was going to reply. So while she talking I said to myself don’t say what you know your going to say.My friend kept talking while I was trying to make myself not say what I said in the Deja Vu. Then she asked me something and I spontaneously answered what I did in the Deja Vu. How frastrating!! I tried so hard and still I had no control over it. I knew what I was going to say and still I couldn’t change it. I tried a few other times after that but I had the same results. I couldn’t stop my Deja Vu. That makes me really wonder. Why can’t I change my Deja Vu?What does that mean? In this article (Brown, A. S. (2004). The déjà vu illusion. Current Directions in Psychological Science, 13, 256-259) I read that Deja Vu could be the result of “(a) a brief change in normal neural
transmission speed causing a slightly longer separation
between identical messages received from two separate
pathways, (b) a brief split in a continuous perceptual experience
that is caused by distractions (external or internal)
and gives the impression of two separate perceptual
events, and © the activation of implicit familiarity for
some portion (or all) of the present experience without an
accompanying conscious recollection of the prior encounter.” (Brown 2004). All this makes sense but how does it explain that in my Deja Vu I knew what going to happen before it happened? My brain couldn’t have picked up the experience 3 or 5 minutes before it happened. How did I know the exact words that my friend was going to use in 3 minutes time?Does anyone else have Deja Vu like that?

Ina, from what you said, I think it is exactly the phenomenon which is explained by psychologists. IMO, whatever may happen, you’ll associate this with a feeling of deja vu. You don’t really foresee what will happen, you just have the feeling that everything which happens has already happened before. But your case is very surprising cause it lasts many minutes.

An explanation of the deja vu is this one: when you face a new event, your brain puts it in the short term memory then it searches in the long term memory if it has been seen before. If it’s the case, it will make match the past event and the new one, so that you’ll remember that this has happened before. For instance, say you just have filled up a glass with orange juice. When you look again at your glass, you remember it’s your glass and you won’t be surprised that it’s full of juice.

When you have a deja vu, your brain commits an error and send immediatly the content of the short term memory in the long term memory. Thus when he compares the content of both, he finds the recollection of what just happened as if it was an old memory.

It’s something like that.

I don’t get it. In all my life, I’ve never, ever had deja vu. I get it often in dreams, but absolutely never in reality. Sometimes I get the feeling I’ve done something before, but it always IS something I’ve done before and just mostly forgot about until the new thing triggered the memory properly.

(Wow, speaking of which, typing that last sentence just now triggered the memory of a very old (and very real) dream of mine I’d forgotten about years ago! Speak of the devil! Still wasn’t deja-vu, though - just a regained memory!)

/me goes to type up dream in her journal reserved for newly-remembered old dreams!

I often have ‘‘deja-vu’’ of places but it doesnt go further or the places that I feel , its just a little feeling not like im 100% sure I already been there.

On opposite, some experience there here really weird.

I had a kinda freaky incident with deja-vu a couple of years ago when I was in my junior year at high school. Anyway I had this dream that I was sitting in my math class just watching the teacher write a problem on the board and he was also talking in the dream. That day at school I was sitting in my math class thinking about the dream when the teacher writes the exact same series of fractions from the problem in my dream, on the board. At first I just sat there blinking, I couldn’t believe my eyes :eek: , and then (I kid you not) he said the exact sentence from my dream. He had never said it before and I had only heard it in my dream. Needless to say I was feeling a little uneasy and surprised. Completely true story. :bored:

Deja-vu aint so magic as you all want it to be. As im a man of science I belive in logic not religion, witchcraft, magic etc, and that include Deja vu.

You are not a fortuneteller if you experience a Deja vu. The human brain aint flawless and the truth is quite simple:

When you experience a deja-vu, you only remember the same scenario twice. Since the human brain is extremely quick, it tricks you to belive it has happened before, not at the same moment.

As you re-memorizing the scenario its already stored in your memory with the following sense of it has happened before.

Basilus and Aloisnin: If I understood you both correctly. It would appear that your reasoning behind deja vú is the same just worded differently.

I too have read about this explanation. And yes it does sound logical but sometimes I don’t think logic is enough. Where I think the above reason would be more typical of what rad was saying. I believe that ina’s experience does not.

Too much time had lapsed for it to just be some transmittal problem in the brain. That’s almost (and I stress almost)precog. The only thing that has me stumped is the lack of control during the real life moment.

I have a deja vu experience almost everyday and…I LUVIT!!! :ebil:

:content:

Really though, I do like deja vu experiences for some odd reason–they’re just :uh: COOL! :yes:

hehe yep they are cool, but not when you say half a sentence to your friend on a im program and then he proceeds to call you a freak. yay for deja vu! :tongue: brings entertainment into your daily life!

There was an existing topic about Deja-vu two threads below! :angry: I merged them.

Hi everyone, i made this topic becouse ive experienced many so called ,dejavu’s,
I think you have experienced it the same way as i.
People who sleep (only them) see sometimes future predicding dreams… its isnt quite long i quess… normal dreamers don’t remember much, but us ,Lucid Dreamers’’ that different story … that gives us advantage to see more and act better in real life.
This helps us act differently, to do something more effectivly.

Its strange to be in the same situation that you have seen, isnt it?

Have you ever felt like that in waking life?

My theory is that our own subconscious sees the future and it will help to manage real life situation by showing us scene about future happenings.
I quess that’s it…
I’ll shall go wait my next dejavu now :wink:

ty for writing :content:

I have déjà vu in real life quite often, and some times I have it in dreams. I often re-dream different dreams and characters and things like that, so when I do re-dream a dream I get a feeling that I call déjà rêve :content:

sadly, i have never had deja vu in a dream, though that would be cool if i did. but i have deja vu IRL all the time but not that much into the future, maybe a few seconds.

got deja vu’s sometimes too,

and helaboy, WTF are you talking about

I often get deja vu in dreams. Like I’d say a good one every two weeks.