Slowing Down Time in Lucidity

one time i slowed down bullet time
it was really cool because i fighted people and everything was slow

IRL a dog starts to jump on a bed the sleeper becomes lucid instants before and yells slow time x100000000 then proceeds to live for hundreds of years he is talking to a DC one day and then is woken up by his dog that jumped onto him is this possible???

hmm personally I don’t think this is possible in a real time sense, it maybe that the “perception” of living for hundreds of years then waking up is more likely to occur :content:

i definatly believe it. iv said this in another thread, but im sure a lot of you out there have been woken by your alarm, hit the snooze button, went back to sleep, had a dream that felt like an hour or more, and then your alarm wakes you up 10 minutes later.

thats happened to me a number of times. and i mean really an hour or more, not just time skipping so it appears to be that long.

so if it is possible in normal dreams , im sure it can definatly happen in a lucid dream when you are conciously trying to do it.

just yesterday i woke up from a dream, took a look at the clock, went back to sleep had a dream that lasted 15 minutes for sure dream time, woke up and only 3 minutes had passed.

i dont think “slow motion” can be included in this because you can conciously slow something down by thinking of it. like visualising someone walking real slow like they are in slow motion, and thats what you see them doing in the dream. i dont think that has anything to do slowing down actual time, so more time in the dream world passes than actual time in real life.

clown

I had a part of dream where I became lucid. An asphalt road under tall trees with sun shining through the branches. So from somewhere I got the idea of doing martial arts tricks. I jumped in the air and made a backflip/foot kick and some other crazy stuff. And I felt myself both moving and watching myself moving. Movement was about 1/4 of real time speed so I felt my body muscles strech and contract slowly. Quite cool experience it was.

Living hours/days in short dreams(real life time) I have not yet tried.
Have fun exploring :wink:

I believe it IS possible to control time while dreaming. It is even possible to control time (to a degree) in waking life! There have been studies about time. One such study included 2 very very precise clocks (cant remeber the name of the study but a google search should yield some information). Anyways one was stuck in a plane and the other was stuck in a car. They went a set distance and after they had landed/arrived at the target area they looked at the clocks! They discovered that the clock in the airplane was minutely (Very small difference, but a difference) different than the clock in the car! They ascertained that the closer you get to the speed of light, the more time SLOWS down. This has been proven, time and time again.

edit:
Found the article…
bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A273854

Take for example the event horizon of a black hole. An anomaly created by the collapase of a massive gravity field (usually a neutron star) that actually bends Space Time!! Scientists speculate if you were to enter the event horizon of a blackhole backwards (facing outwards) You would see the beginnings/end of the Universe! It would effectively bend space time to such a degree that you would actually see the future!

Einstein’s Theory of Relativity clearly allows for time travel, or at least discrepancies in perceived time. This is because time is relative to speed.

“You can make time pass at different rates. This is demonstrated in the famous example of the ‘twin paradox’. There are a pair of identical twins. One twin stays on Earth, while the other is sent away on a spaceship travelling close to the speed of light. The travelling twin returns after one year as measured by her on-board clock, only to find that everything on Earth, including her twin, has aged half a century or so. The effect is a form of time travel. This has been tested by scientists with underground particle accelerators”

Time Travel using the Tippler Method

Get a bunch of neutron stars and fashion them into a cylinder about 100 kilometres long and with a 10 kilometre radius. Then spin the cylinder about 2,000 times per second. The surface should be moving at about half the speed of light by now. According to Tippler’s theory, it should be dragging the space-time fabric with it, with enough force to mix up space and time. Now fly your ‘spaceship’ in a specific orbit around the giant cylinder. This should, in theory, take you back in time, but only till when the machine first started spinning. As you can imagine, this requires some practically impossible engineering, but there are no theoretical reasons why it wouldn’t work.

The closer to light speed you get, the closer to infinity your mass gets. To travel at the speed of light, you would need an infinite amount of energy. Since infinite amounts of energy don’t exist (perhaps not in the real world :cool: ) , speed-of-light travel is impossible.

Anyways, the point im trying to get across is that if it can happen in nature, if the theories of space and time can break down… Why cant it happen in our dreams, Someone care to research and test one of these time travel methods in there next LD??
Would be intresting :happy:

(nothing is ever impossible, just highly inprobable :wink: )

I only read the first post in this topic, but I just have to say

A few nights before I started having some LDs I had some NDs where I slowed down time intentionally and did amazing tricks and moves for sports, fighting, whatever

It’s very fun :content: If you used this to prolong dreams though, I don’t think it will work, and I think it will just be boring

I believe that your mind can speed up in a dream so it seems like you are in it for longer than you really are.

The theory that your mind fills in the gaps of your dream after you wake up doesn’t make much sense if you think about it. If you wake up and you feel like you were dreaming for a week, and you have all the memories of a week of dreaming, then it may as well have happened.

I know it is possible to speed up your brain so that the world seems like it is going in slow motion, because that happens to me all the time. Whenever you have an adrenaline rush, like when you’re about to get in a car wreck, your mind speeds up and gives you a chance to think about the situation and come up with the best solution to help avoid the wreck. This has saved me from serious injury or death many times. If time had not slowed down, I know I would have not have been able to think fast enough.

I have also heard (correct me if I’m wrong) that there is no place in your brain that is responsible for memory. Sure there are places in the brain that are used to store the memory, and there are places that are used to bring the memories back, but where were they before they were retrieved? And what part of the brain tells the brain to make the electrical pulses to retrieve memories?

My theory: there must be a part of the mind that is not physical at all and, therefore, not governed by physical laws such as time and space, and we tap into that section of the brain when we sleep.

You can do anything in your dreams. You can even time travel.

@7Regrets: That is, given you have good visualization and can allow yourself to let things be surreal without losing control over them. :wink:

I too have realized the mind seems to be able to fast–forward dreams, and I wonder if that’s a skill one could use as a lucid dreamer. Slowing time down, on the other hand, sounds really dispending. I don’t think I’d be able to do that on will. Worth giving a shot anyways.

Both time distortion effects remind me of a Legend of Zelda game: Majora’s Mask. Has anyone played it? It might be an idea, for a good visualizer and a great believer, to find an ocarina, play the tune and just let the subconscious do the rest for you. :cool:

I slowed time down in my very first LD. I wanted to do the slow motion walk (seriously weird want) and I could feel and see the world pass by slowly, the pulling back…everything. Very vivid and amazing. The skies the limit in dreams. :grin:

Iono, I don’t think I would like to experience days/months/years in a dream. I think it would freak me out.

That could just be the reason most people don’t experience it. It may be that you need to have plans enough for that length of time befor your SC will let you do it. :smile:
don

Well considering I’ve had dreams that were played out over a period of days when I’m only sleeping 9 hours I would say that proves that dreams have their own time. Truley your brain is dreaming in fast forward so it fits in a period of 9 hours, but when you remember the dream your brain is slowing it down.

That’s my theory.

I read about that too TZer00 it was Lar’s Lucid Dreaming FAQ

I believe it’s possible to “dream longer than you sleep”.

Simply put for the fact that i’ve done it on multiple occassions.

In “My” dream universe I have once visited this place in which there’s a tower (and that place always exists on a seperate dimension in my ‘‘dream realm’’) which holds someone called “The Watcher”.

He has taught me how to extend my dreams, and it seemed to work.

The 2 best moments:

1.:smile: I once Started sleeping at 9:30, I had a lucid for 30 minutes of ACTIVITY, so no time skipping or w/e.
I woke up, clock read: 9:31

2.:smile: I once started sleeping again at 9:54 I had a lucid, when I woke up.
It was 9:04

Now THIS is the most weird one that I can’t even truly believe myself.

I HAVE seen the clock and I WAS awake enough to realize that it really said 9:54, and when I woke up it DID really say 9:04.

So I guess, that’s just. really weird O.o

Time is an illusion. It is now. It always has been. Days, months, years etc are all inventions. So maybe you can slow down time in your dream, but it will still be now, and all you’ll have is a memory of a dream which seemed to be longer then then change in digits on your clock.

I really don’t think it’s quite that simple to affect the perception of time just by shouting a command. Also, the reason you can’t LD might be just that you want it so damn bad and expect more than is actually possible through lucid dreaming. That can work against you.

But if it was that easy. Just a matter of believing. And using a command. It is worth a try considering the potential payoff wich may be revolutionary.

Personally, i had nearlly same thing. It was bit after 11, and i wanted to get up (i mean give up trying to get a LD, and stand up). I accidentaly falled asleep again, and i had a LD. Not very long, but i’ve done more that in not one LD. When i waked up it was 2 minutes later :tongue:

In phisical, slowmotion - i’ve been doing it few times, even half hour before now. Nothing hard, i thinks that everyone would do it at first try. But flying is bit more awesome.

And not-personally:

points at Massive LD experiment back in May of 2006