The Reading Circle - discussion about books to read

A good idea. !

I voted the hobbit , but when come to think of it.

I would rather re read The Lion, The Which and the Wardrobe

So you want to change your vote? (Is that possible?)

there are only five votes so far… i could redo the poll if you want Bruno (or just if you remember his change of vote may be easier :tongue: )

I read the hobbit and didn’t like it much. I wouldn’t mind reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe again, but I voted for The Kite Runner. :smile:

Nah, it’s ok, Moogle, I’ll remember it. Thanks, though. :smile:

I have allredy read 3 of the 4 next months book :neutral:

Bruno you are seresly begining too sound like Wolf! :grin:

I’d be careful Painocus… It would seem that Wolf is contagious and so might be Bruno now. :tongue:

Okay, I voted The Hobbit. My dad had been bothering me to read the book for years up until he died. I think I started it once but don’t ever remember too much of it. Just the animated cartoon that was made.

This to me, is a good incentinve to give back to myself a pleasure that I’d forgotten was there, reading. Yeah I know TMI…

Not at all, Noelle, not at all! ^^

It’s good to know this is going to help you give yourself back the pleasure of reading. [=

Do you know what your father liked so much about the Hobbit?

I was at the libray today, but I couldn’t find the two last books in the list, so I decided that I want to reread “The hobbit” (since I own 2 copies of that book(one in Swedish and one in English))

I’m looking forward to this reading Circle^^

EDIT: I almost forgot to vote :razz:

BTW it would prob be a good idea to write down what chapter you are upto … if any posts are made before the end of the book. So fellow readers will know if it’s safe to read the hidden spoiler or not.

Or you write down in the quote the name of the book and the page(s) where you talking about.

Good you mention it Moogle :content:

I like this idea, but I haven’t voted yet because I’m not sure about it.

Blackangel, page number wouldn’t work since different editions could be different.
eg
Chapter 10

SPOILER - Click to view

do not read!

mmmm Q would it be possible to alter it to do the same as quotes?

[spoiler="chapter 10"] 

Seems like I have to borrow a copy of the hobbit again

When I was about to make the thread, and asked Q to prepare the mod, she said it would be too troublesome, but you can always do little hacks:

[spoiler][color=black]Chapter X:[/color] Gandalf is, actually, an ilusion cast by the yellow–bearded dwarves of the waterfall.[/spoiler]

Outputs:

[color=black]Chapter X:[/color] Gandalf is, actually, an ilusion cast by the yellow–bearded dwarves of the waterfall.

I have planned some posts that will use this system :wink:

i’ll look into that later to see if i can alter it, but seems like bruno’s hack will work fine too.

mumble spoiled kids, make them a spoiler tag, are they happy? nooooooooooooo it should have extra’s mumble

:tongue:

/me gives pasQuale a big hug :hugs:

I know how you feel, Q, I really do. :smile:

I dont think spoilers are working for me… I can see what it says without highlighting it :eh:

SPOILER - Click to view

bilbo goes crazy and kills gandalf with a pointy stick

looks just like

spoiler:
bilbo goes crazy and kills gandalf with a pointy stick

edit
hmm… it seems to be working fine now, not sure what happened there… :shy:

No, I don’t. But he read it so many times. That and the galaxy one. The one they made a movie of. I always forget the name of it. But it has a big face like this :tongue: somewhere.

He used to tell me to read all the time. I did on my own but I never really read any of the books he did. shrugs

I don’t get this spoiler thing

I do now… hehehehe.

Super Cool function!!!

Sounds like an exelent plan. I’m voting for the neverending story, and would also like to voulenteer in advance to host this next moon.

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy :content:

Wow, your dad had a good taste for books. :happy:

[size=100]Me father only reads self help books… :razz:[/size]

I think you’ll like the Hobbit too, Noelle. :smile:

Now you have your chance :smile:

Aren’t we a bunch of spoiled users :razz:

:happy:

:hyper: Yay! We have a host for the next moon!

/me :hugs: Daylight

This is so cool! :smile: