The Reading Circle - discussion about books to read

Not at all, Noelle, not at all! ^^

It’s good to know this is going to help you give yourself back the pleasure of reading. [=

Do you know what your father liked so much about the Hobbit?

I was at the libray today, but I couldn’t find the two last books in the list, so I decided that I want to reread “The hobbit” (since I own 2 copies of that book(one in Swedish and one in English))

I’m looking forward to this reading Circle^^

EDIT: I almost forgot to vote :razz:

BTW it would prob be a good idea to write down what chapter you are upto … if any posts are made before the end of the book. So fellow readers will know if it’s safe to read the hidden spoiler or not.

Or you write down in the quote the name of the book and the page(s) where you talking about.

Good you mention it Moogle :content:

I like this idea, but I haven’t voted yet because I’m not sure about it.

Blackangel, page number wouldn’t work since different editions could be different.
eg
Chapter 10

SPOILER - Click to view

do not read!

mmmm Q would it be possible to alter it to do the same as quotes?

[spoiler="chapter 10"] 

Seems like I have to borrow a copy of the hobbit again

When I was about to make the thread, and asked Q to prepare the mod, she said it would be too troublesome, but you can always do little hacks:

[spoiler][color=black]Chapter X:[/color] Gandalf is, actually, an ilusion cast by the yellow–bearded dwarves of the waterfall.[/spoiler]

Outputs:

[color=black]Chapter X:[/color] Gandalf is, actually, an ilusion cast by the yellow–bearded dwarves of the waterfall.

I have planned some posts that will use this system :wink:

i’ll look into that later to see if i can alter it, but seems like bruno’s hack will work fine too.

mumble spoiled kids, make them a spoiler tag, are they happy? nooooooooooooo it should have extra’s mumble

:tongue:

/me gives pasQuale a big hug :hugs:

I know how you feel, Q, I really do. :smile:

I dont think spoilers are working for me… I can see what it says without highlighting it :eh:

SPOILER - Click to view

bilbo goes crazy and kills gandalf with a pointy stick

looks just like

spoiler:
bilbo goes crazy and kills gandalf with a pointy stick

edit
hmm… it seems to be working fine now, not sure what happened there… :shy:

No, I don’t. But he read it so many times. That and the galaxy one. The one they made a movie of. I always forget the name of it. But it has a big face like this :tongue: somewhere.

He used to tell me to read all the time. I did on my own but I never really read any of the books he did. shrugs

I don’t get this spoiler thing

I do now… hehehehe.

Super Cool function!!!

Sounds like an exelent plan. I’m voting for the neverending story, and would also like to voulenteer in advance to host this next moon.

Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy :content:

Wow, your dad had a good taste for books. :happy:

[size=100]Me father only reads self help books… :razz:[/size]

I think you’ll like the Hobbit too, Noelle. :smile:

Now you have your chance :smile:

Aren’t we a bunch of spoiled users :razz:

:happy:

:hyper: Yay! We have a host for the next moon!

/me :hugs: Daylight

This is so cool! :smile:

I love the concept! Good luck with the first session, Bruno, and everyone for that matter.

Nick

If someone else experiences this problem, just press Ctrl+F5, or push the Reload button while holding the Ctrl key down. The page will reload and the spoiler function will be working properly.

[size=100]Here’s what happened: Q had to change a file which is included in all pages by your browser, the Forum’s Stylesheet. But some browsers, Internet Explorer and FireFox included, don’t include this file all the time, they just save an old version on your computer so they don’t have to load it again all the time. So what you have to do is tell the browser to reload that file for it has been updared. You do that by pressing Ctrl while telling the browser to reload.[/size]

when are we starting again?

Next moon. That’s April the fourth, I think. Isn’t it, Q?

I voted for the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. I bought the big book (with all of them) this christmas, and I am almost finished with the last one. A great series! I tried reading the hobbit once but I got bored out of it quickly. :bored:

So I’m in? niiiccccee. :cool:
Just in case I forget, PM me when I need to start my hosting duties. I’m not framilliar with the 13 moon calendar yet, so I might not realize when I need to start.

Four weeks, DayLight, but I’ll try to remind you before (if I myself remember, that is :roll: ) so you have time to plan things better and run a poll at least a week before opening the second moon of the circle, ok? :smile:

Okay, the poll is officially closed!

The Hobbit — 6
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe — 4
The Neverending Story — 4
The Kite Runner — 1
NOTE: I know this doesn’t look like the one on the top of the page. But don’t forget Petter changed his vote.

That settles it. Tomorrow, we’ll start reading J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Hobbit. A thread will be created (hopefully, I can do that today). You’re invited to read this delicious tale with us and make comments, questions and interpretations.

For everyone that’s joining me, I wish you a great reading! :happy: