Zen Sickness?

Well, I’ve been reading about Zazen meditation, and I’ve noticed that there is a possible side effect of either hyper-creativity happening or a depression where one believes that everything is “empty”. At first, I was interested in Zazen meditation because:

1. I’ve heard that meditation could help with LD induction,
  2. Zazen meditation is the same kind that those who practice ninjutsu use (yeah… weird obsessions… don’t ask), and
  3. It seemed like such an unorthodox way of practicing meditation.

But anyway, I stumbled across accounts of “Zen sickness”, and was wondering if anyone here has ever had it and if so, what they did to cure themselves of it. Any info would be appreciated.

You are referring to Kundalini Syndrome, which is the result of Qi being dispersed by a blocked chakra.

Thanks… I think…

Well, I checked out that link you gave me, and I’ve been looking online, and I KINDA get the gist of what exactly it is, but I’ve seen no way of curing it online, save seeking someone to heal you… In that case, I think I should discontinue my practice, or not practice it at the level that those who experience it practice it at…

You know I believe there are ways of practicing meditation or other things that could avoid such mishaps as the one you’re referring to, MatrixManNe0.

Too much of anything can be a problem. And healing can be done on almost any level. Some quicker than others.