The BIG Déjà Vu topic

Deja-vu aint so magic as you all want it to be. As im a man of science I belive in logic not religion, witchcraft, magic etc, and that include Deja vu.

You are not a fortuneteller if you experience a Deja vu. The human brain aint flawless and the truth is quite simple:

When you experience a deja-vu, you only remember the same scenario twice. Since the human brain is extremely quick, it tricks you to belive it has happened before, not at the same moment.

As you re-memorizing the scenario its already stored in your memory with the following sense of it has happened before.

Basilus and Aloisnin: If I understood you both correctly. It would appear that your reasoning behind deja vú is the same just worded differently.

I too have read about this explanation. And yes it does sound logical but sometimes I don’t think logic is enough. Where I think the above reason would be more typical of what rad was saying. I believe that ina’s experience does not.

Too much time had lapsed for it to just be some transmittal problem in the brain. That’s almost (and I stress almost)precog. The only thing that has me stumped is the lack of control during the real life moment.

I have a deja vu experience almost everyday and…I LUVIT!!! :ebil:

:content:

Really though, I do like deja vu experiences for some odd reason–they’re just :uh: COOL! :yes:

hehe yep they are cool, but not when you say half a sentence to your friend on a im program and then he proceeds to call you a freak. yay for deja vu! :tongue: brings entertainment into your daily life!

There was an existing topic about Deja-vu two threads below! :angry: I merged them.

Hi everyone, i made this topic becouse ive experienced many so called ,dejavu’s,
I think you have experienced it the same way as i.
People who sleep (only them) see sometimes future predicding dreams… its isnt quite long i quess… normal dreamers don’t remember much, but us ,Lucid Dreamers’’ that different story … that gives us advantage to see more and act better in real life.
This helps us act differently, to do something more effectivly.

Its strange to be in the same situation that you have seen, isnt it?

Have you ever felt like that in waking life?

My theory is that our own subconscious sees the future and it will help to manage real life situation by showing us scene about future happenings.
I quess that’s it…
I’ll shall go wait my next dejavu now :wink:

ty for writing :content:

I have déjà vu in real life quite often, and some times I have it in dreams. I often re-dream different dreams and characters and things like that, so when I do re-dream a dream I get a feeling that I call déjà rêve :content:

sadly, i have never had deja vu in a dream, though that would be cool if i did. but i have deja vu IRL all the time but not that much into the future, maybe a few seconds.

got deja vu’s sometimes too,

and helaboy, WTF are you talking about

I often get deja vu in dreams. Like I’d say a good one every two weeks.

I’ve that really often, i think deja vu happens because your dreams are very close to your own mind, and your dream can recall a whole part, and you think you are dreaming it again, but your mind just recalled it (I believe that inside dreams recalls timming can be faster than real time)… and when you notice that, you stop the recall and do a whole new thing with it.

I remember an old LD i had that it seemed like a movie, and at the end of the movie I didn’ t wake up and I forced to watch it again, and it happened, I don’t believe I had such a long dream, its second part was a recalling…

Tggtt, it sounds like you’re describing a precog dream rather than deja vu.

IMO, when you have a deja vu you don’t remember the outcome of the situation but just the details of that present moment.

I haved some deja vu dream when I was dreaming , awake a little and return to sleep and dream the same dream again but I never had the same dream over and over after weeks.

My friend had fallen off a bike once and had a feeling of Deja Vu for almost an hour, then he went home cause he felt like shit…Straaaaaange!

I recently was able to become Lucid by recognizing deja vu in my dream. I was standing around talking to a few people when all of a sudden I realized I had already done this earlier. I actually knew what each one was going to say before they said it. The only difference was a very suttle nuance in the facial expressions.

I decided this was weird enough to warrent a Reality Check, and sure enough, I could breathe through my plugged nose!

I was able to remain lucid for several minutes before getting distracted and waking up. But Deja Vu would certainly be a good dreamsign, as well as a good reality check trigger when it is experienced in real life.

ive got really weird deja vu, i dream of something the night before and see it the next day?

If you really dreamt of something and saw it the next day - and not saw something one day and believed you dreamt it the previous night - it’s not dejà-vu, it’s a precognitive dream. We have a sticky BIG Precog dreams topic in this very subforum. :smile:

I’ll just post my own experiences.
The wierdest being a thing I’ve mentioned somewhere on the forum before. Mother wakes me up and tells me i have a visitor who then comes in and asks me whats up and I answer “I was sleeping”. Then the exact same thing happens again from the moment my mother woke me up until I say “I was sleeping” wich is when I realise this had just happened. I ask my friend If he was here earlier today and he said “no”. That had me thinking for a while.

When I used to smoke hash I would in the early days often get into a state of mind where I felt that people said things that they had said “last week”. Or something had happened before. Everthing was something I could “remember” from before. I learned quickly not to believe it and it became “a funny thing”.

Lately Deja vu has been in the form of maybe watching a movie, and thinking at the time that i’ve never seen this before. Then later when i think about he movie I feel like I HAVE seen it before but can’t really recall when. And I still don’t know if I did. But since it’s always when thinking back on something that i was sure I hadn’t seen when I saw it I am inclined to believe it’s a false memory. It’s really like a feeling of “haven’t I remembered this before?”.

For the movie part its surely normal because all movie look the same with the same scenario and badass characters. Not many movie stand out from each other.

Alright, ill talk about my spot of Deja Vu. IT happened very frequently in primary school, and back then, I was pretty sure everything had happened before. I didn’t even know what a dream was (before I saw dreamviews, I thought that a dream was what we know as daydreams. I never tried to remember dreams or anything, and I called the dreams where I thought I was actually in it, “REAL LIFE DREAMS.” Later, I found out that these were falso awakenings, and I had never remembered a dream in my life I can see your shocked expressions). Well, anyway, I barely ever have deja vu now, though those FA’s keep on coming :smile: