LD4all Quest #6: Planetary Moon: Unfold your wings and fly!

I’ve flown multiple times, but this is the most memorable…

I entered the dream standing in the front lawn, when it occured to me that I was dreaming. I wanted to visit a big city to work on walking up walls (For some reason I favor cities for testing things over anywhere else) so I decided to fly.

I kind of jumped really high and fast in a forward direction and put a lot of power behind me and streaked over a countryside (that doesn’t quite exist IRL near my house) with my arms to my sides and legs straight, like a human arrow or something. (Or if you’ve seen an episode of DragonBall Z, you can refer to that, minus the magic glowy streak-type thing. o-o ) What was cool was that my subconscious decided to place tornadoes conviently near my path, and I just willed them away. :slight_smile:

I realized I was dreaming on the side of my house, and walked to by back lawn. I remebered a previous LD where I had tried to fly just by jumping, but to no avail. This time, I just fell backwards and believed I was going to fly. I fell back, but never hit the ground. This began my flying. :fly: I did not do anything physical to fly, but rather just moved my body consciousness upward(body consciousness is basically just the awareness of your body), and began to fly. I directed myself in the air by moving my body consciousness left or right, up or down. Very fun! :gni:

Note: I don’t know if this will work for everyone. I have had experiences in the past where my body consciousness left my body, and my physical body became an anchoring point for this consciousness. Because of these experiences, I am very aware of my body consciousness. I don’t know if a person who is less aware could control theirs in this way, but try it out.

I haved many flying Lucid dream and its the main thing that I do usually while in lucid. I just cannot think about other thing to do in lucid position.

Usually im in a flapping your wing position, it help me goes higher but the speed decrease , when im head first or superman position it get me faster but its weird , I usually loss altitude like an helicoptere.

Some day I even tryed in a sitting position and it worked well.

In my next LD , I will just try to transform in a bird and fly , im sure its a another feeling.

to make things clear: it is not the idea to post any previous flying LD’s or flying ND’s you have had.

The object of the Quest is to have a flying LD during this moon, and post the dream in this topic :fly:

:peek: well, post it in your DJ too ofcourse :wink:

if you have tips on flying, please post in the topic i refer to in the Quest description :smile:

that way we keep this topic for Quest experiences – and the reactions on those – only :smile:

I’m in, this will be easy, I always fly in my dreams anyway :content:
Actually, I’m doing a flying project with my dream group as Sea Life as well :smile:

:eek: we can fly in LD ´s ?

:grin: hahaha just kidding… but thats cool quest im gonna pass it :cool: i think…

That sounds like a quest I’m not passing on! Hand me a RedBull and give me wiiings! :fly:

:tongue:

I’m getting better a WILD, so that sounds like something fun to try. My lucid dreams have been occurring less frequently than normally, but I’ll manage it during this moon. :yes:

I had my first LD on the 2nd of April, and literally about five seconds in I was flying, no joke…

A few things I experienced related to flying:
-As soon as I realized i was dreaming, i got off the couch, jumped over it like i was diving through a hoop or something, and glided over to the staircase and went upstairs. (It was like an indoor flying if you will)
-When I got outside. I kind of did the same thing, except I jumped at an angle, and was able to do the same thing, but faster and with more control. I was controlling it with my mind I guess, and it felt like that was directly connected to the feeling of flying, I wasnt doing much physically, but at the same time, my mind felt more like a body part such as a leg or an arm then a brain.
-Later one, while escaping from a legion of cats attacking me, I jumped off of like a one hundred foot tall tree or so, and dived straight down, as I was about to hit the ground, I became paralell about 10 inches above it, and gained an INSANE amount of momentum. I was basically flying a few inches above the ground at like 80mph. It felt absolutely incredible(like being strapped to the bottom of a ferrari.)
-When i was doing the technique just above the ground, at times i would start to lose height/speed, and would let myseld slowly make contact with the ground, when i was about to hit it, I’d do like a cheetah kick type thing, as in i pushed off with my arms, and kicked the ground, which significantly boosted my momentum again, and send me going like I was before. I did that a few times before the sequence ended.

All in all, it was a VERY rewarding first LD, and luckily for this quest, FILLEd with flying.

sweet i am in. that is if i can fly anymore, eveytime i try i end up line jumping agian… guess i hate moving places slow even in my dreams! mmm wonder why i havent just tried flying faster :eek: why did i not think about that till just now! oh man that sucks. ok i will post for ya when i fly :wink:or face plant im a bit rusty on the old lucid dreaming… give me a week

I’d try this… If I could go lucid enough to do it… :sad:

you wont have to be lucid just run off a cliff n see what happens! u will prob go lucid after that :wink:

yay my favourite thing to do in a LD :grin: … coincidently I had a LD about flying today, it took a few giant leaps before I took of and flew to some island, superman style :content: Pretty fun I must admit, oh and I remember the island being hmm “painted” like oils and a painted Halo character “mastercheif” trying to shoot me down … fun times :content:

Ooooh, YAY, I like this Quest! :boogie: Mikeh shall have to be there though, I mostly moon jump when he isn’t around. :content:

Where was the Quest Suggestion topic? :help:

Two nights ago I may or may not have fulfilled the quest. Everything around me, including the ground, was a two dimentional painting, so I got the impression that I was floating in front of it, but there was a ‘ground’, it just wasn’t visable. I remembered the quest and tried to fly toward the painting, but there was a resistance and I kept coming back down. I don’t remember after that, because the dream faded after that, but at the end, I saw myself in third person and it looked as though I was flying.
I guess I get an ‘A’ for effort.

/me gives fiver an ‘A’ :content:

intriguing experience. Reminds me of one of wolbs dreams, where he stepped through a painting in a museum :smile:

The BIG Quest Suggestion topic is here :smile:

[the BIG Quest Suggestion Topic)

Ld- Some flying and snow - Apr 6, 2006

This dream startes really normal. Its in the night. I was in a old bistro-bar type house and it was made
of big round wood. They were a little bit of people , a counter , some table and a lot all made of wood
and some pub/poster.

I see a guy that look like black hair and black beard. We dont say a word , I just see it there and stare
at him.

So im almost not wondering and automaticaly its like im in a dream , so I go lucid.
At the same time I push the door and go outside.

All the world around me is changing. Im now on the coutyard of my friend house . A common place for
my lucid dream . Its fun because the bistro-bar looked a lot like my friend house.

So there is snow everywhere and im wondering why can I do while im lucid. I start to walk in the snow
but it was the shittiest snow of my entire life. Every feet walking I was doing , I was under the snow of
all my legs. It was so annoying , it took me age to move. Every feet I was always like tied together to
the snow.

So I think about a thing to do , and I remember the Spiritual Guide. So I try to see it. I close my eyes
and say to me , when I will open my SG will be there. I close and I almost lost the dream , it was
weird, I was starring at blank blackness (like in real life when you close your eye). I reopen it and
nothing happen . Im mad at me.

So I go flying head first , my best method! Im flying very fast , more faster than other experience of
this flying. I go flying on the road. I see the huge black sky above me. I try to go forward to it but
could’nt even do it a little. Every time I was trying I will fall more to the ground and fly less faster.

After that I wake up…

Ps: Any tips for flying higher to reach the sky ?

congrats on doing the Quest :happy: And you almost completed the SG quest as well ^^ Yeah, closing your eyes in a dream can cause you to wake up or lose the dreamscene. Another method is to look away and back again, or find a door and expect your SG behind it :smile:

Check the flying topic i mention in the first post for flying tips, i don’t want this topic to get cluttered with flying tips ^^

I know that my last dream was a normal dream, but does it count if you were floating around in low gravity?