a nice story about miracles and faith

This story is from a fantasybook, but I liked the point it maked.

God in the story is really called something else in the book but I decided to replace that with god.
It’s a nice story .
The story is about a man that lives in a valley and was soon was going to be filled with water.

[i]The valley began to be filled with water, a rider came by and said “ride away with me because soon your house will be under water”
the man answered that he didn’t need any help because God would save him.
The water raised and he climbed up on the roof, two swimmers went by and said to him “Jump in the water we’ll help you into land”
But he said that he didn’t need any help that God would save him.
Now the water was so high that the man was on the chimney a boat came by and the boatman told him to jump in the boat but the man said again no and that God would save him.

The water rised and the man died.
When the man was in front of God he was angry, he said: “I believed in you but you failed me”
God looked at the man and said “But my son, I sent one rider, two swimmers and one boat. What more can you demand?”[/i]

I liked that story, do we really need miracles?

I had already heard that (as a joke) but I always found it quite a beautiful story. Thanks for reminding me of it, Magnus ^^

/me copies that to the notebook too

Yeah, that’s such a funny story.

Makes you think, though. 99% of miracles probably go unnoticed.

:lol:

:rofl:

Thats just too funny :lol:

[color=indigo]Heard it many times before, but very true. Sometimes people expect too much from God, from simeple stuff like just helping them in everyday life to asking why He doesn’t stop all war or something. It’s really up to us to fix matters for ourselves.

Another funny, loosely related story about a man and God that some people may not have heard:

[i]One day, a man approached God and asked, “Oh Lord, is it true that one million years to you is like only a second?”

“Yes, my son, that is true.” God replied.

The man considered this, and then asked, “My God, is it true that one million dollars is as worthless as a single penny before your awesome might?”

Again, God replied, “Yes, my son the is true.”

The man’s eyes widened as he looked up to God, and asked hopefully, “God… may I have a penny?”

“Sure,” said God. “Just a second.”[/i][/color]

The first one I have heard before, I really like it! lol That second one is really funny!

ROFL Linko! :content:

:rofl:

actually i am laughing in front ok the comp. now :lol:

I’ve heard the first one before, and I always liked that one, but I hadn’t heard the second before. :content:

Yes, I am laughing in front of the comp as well. :lol: