Plants

The sensitive plant is called Mimosa :cool:

Same, got a cactus in my house…

Some people have a green thumb, me on the other hand, I have the touch of death :meh: . I can’t grow squat and if it’s already growing it has to be a robust plant to survive(so far the only successful plants I’ve grown/maintained is a aloe vera and a bean plant which met its untimely demise after my science project was over). My mother on the other hand is so good with plants that she can practically resurrect them from the dead. :shrug:

You could try to grow a cactus. I’ve dropped my cactus on the floor and it’s still alive and kicking :smile:

…I didn’t drop it on purpose, it fell when I accidentally touched it’s needles =|

Yellow leaves means too much water usually.

Anyways I keep a vegitable garden in my backyard. It includes:
Sweet Bananna Peppers, Crooked Neck Squash, Two types of bellpeppers, Tomatoes, and Red HOT Chili Peppers!

I also am growing a Lemon Tree, a Naval Orange Tree, and a Louisiana Sweet Orange Tree.

I live in Louisiana and these are all popular around here. One thing I dont grow which is a MAJOR crop in my area is the Strawberry. My town is considered the “Strawberry Capitol Of The World”
We hold a Strawberry Festival every year which brings in thousands of people from around the country every year.

Mmm strawberries :content:
My mom used to keep a big strawberry garden. They grew very big, and they were delicious :yes:

We can’t grow strawberries in Brazil! :sad: At least not in our gardens…

Is it the heat that makes them impossible to grow?
I remember when Mom grew strabwerries, she covered them with straw (big surprise there :tongue: ). She did this because we started growing them when it was still very cool. Sometimes frost would form outside and that would kill the berries, hence the straw.

My father is crazy about blackcurrant bushes :cool: One of my first memories is sitting under one of those bushes, in that wonderful smell from its leaves, stuffing myself with the berries! Now we probably have around 20 of them in my parents’ garden, and more around the cabin!

Im just starting a garden!! =D Nothin’ really cool like strawberries…Just normal vegetables :slight_smile: I hope it works out good.

And besides that I have one little indoor plant I take care of myself! =D I dunno what it is…but its those tiny thing that are green with all pink poka-dots on its leaves. I always kill my plants…but this time, Im working really hard to make this one really healthy and pretty :slight_smile:
I named him Chokobo. Is anyone else crazy enough to name thier plants?? XD

I just tilled a patch of earth for my very own orgainc garden. So far I have several types of bell pepper, watermelon, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, squash, and a few other things, I think i am also going to grow anaheim peppers, habenero peppers, egplant, and green/string beans. Any tips?

I know that beans and tomatoes like to ‘climb’. There are actually wire devices that you can stick in the ground which the plants will climb up. I’m not sure what they’re called, but they’re cylindrical in shape with four vertical wires that you stick into the ground. Anyways, beans and tomatoes love those things :smile:

I’m so jealous! I need my own veggie garden; it would save money and I won’t have to be afraid of what I’m eating.
Hmm, the only advice I can give you is give 'em some love :wink: , and don’t eat the peppers when they’re green 'cause that just means they’re not ripe yet (which is why green pepper’s are a nightshade vegetable).

Already got a bunch of 'em :ok:

My aunt gave me a lot of seedlings and seeds a couple of days ago. :smile:

I really should get some too :confused:

I wish I had room to grow some vegetables, however my apartment only has a small balcony. I might be able to grow one or two tomato plants, but I don’t like tomatoes :content:

Get a closet growing kit. You can see them advertised in magazines like High Times or Cannabis Culture, because they are mainly used by people growing pot(your closet is a good place, no one can see), but you do not have to grow pot, you can grow whatever you want. They come with a grow light and everything. Apparently the good one work quite well.

Actually there are several hydroponics stores around here where I could purchase indoor growing supplies…the problem is I have no space indoors either :content:
I guess growing vegetables will have to wait :yes:

maybe i could get some pics of my garden up here in a week or two. Hmmm yeh. It is a 4x8 frame with soil which I have composted mixed with some store bought and some soil from the yard. I dont grow from seed due to the care and such put into that. I put miracle grow for vegitables on it and the veggies are growin over night. You know that cant be healthy. Well I`ll put a picture of the compost bin i built which is a cube with chicken wire sides to keep everything in and one side is hinged as a door to simplify everything. I got the plans for this out of some guide to being a hippie.