Plants

Already got a bunch of 'em :ok:

My aunt gave me a lot of seedlings and seeds a couple of days ago. :smile:

I really should get some too :confused:

I wish I had room to grow some vegetables, however my apartment only has a small balcony. I might be able to grow one or two tomato plants, but I don’t like tomatoes :content:

Get a closet growing kit. You can see them advertised in magazines like High Times or Cannabis Culture, because they are mainly used by people growing pot(your closet is a good place, no one can see), but you do not have to grow pot, you can grow whatever you want. They come with a grow light and everything. Apparently the good one work quite well.

Actually there are several hydroponics stores around here where I could purchase indoor growing supplies…the problem is I have no space indoors either :content:
I guess growing vegetables will have to wait :yes:

maybe i could get some pics of my garden up here in a week or two. Hmmm yeh. It is a 4x8 frame with soil which I have composted mixed with some store bought and some soil from the yard. I dont grow from seed due to the care and such put into that. I put miracle grow for vegitables on it and the veggies are growin over night. You know that cant be healthy. Well I`ll put a picture of the compost bin i built which is a cube with chicken wire sides to keep everything in and one side is hinged as a door to simplify everything. I got the plans for this out of some guide to being a hippie.

I love plants too. I’ve got a baby spider plant that i took from a cutting, two geraniums. Something which i’ve been told is a Japanese Hoya (anyone heard of those?) which i’ve had for about seven years, and it’s still in the same pot. It doesn’t grow very much.
I’ve also got a Christmas Cactus, which didn’t flower when i bought it, but now has new leaves coming out.
Until recently, i had an African Violet, but it died. I don’t think i’m very lucky with those, although i have green fingers.
As well as these, i have a dragon palm, and a cyclamen that is now resting until the end of the summer, when i will begin watering it again, to see if i can bring it back for christmas.
I now have my eye on a money tree and a Gloxinia that i’ve seen in the supermarket, although i’m not sure where i’m going to put them…this room is already turning into a jungle!

I had a cyclamen once also…but I think I killed it somehow :sad:
Maybe I wasn’t taking care of it properly, but one day it just started to wilt, until it had completely died away.

I have just made some kind of “latter” or my climbing plant :smile:

Dont look too good , but whatever

Oh crap, I did it again! :wallhit:

Note to self: do NOT vacuum clean the plants.

:shock: WHAT? How? Why? Why did you vacuum clean them?

Yeah, I know it was a silly thing to do…
There were lots of tiny flies around my plants.
When I was vacuuming up the flies, the two biggest leaves got sucked in.

Does anyone have a better way to get rid of insects? :tongue:

Do you smoke? :tongue:

:lol: No.

Then the best way of getting rid of them is just not possible. :razz:

Pesticide, maybe?

Or get one of those venus traps?

Good idea! I’ll se if I can find one.

ALERT

LOADS of the elafs on my plant are getting “eated” by some strange stuff.

It starts with holes on them , and then it egts more holes until its just a hostlike leaf left.

There are small black dots everywhere wherethis is happening.

Anyone got any ideas for what me to do ?

:uh: it might be spider-mites… but you should pull one of the affected leaves off and take it in to a garden centre and ask them what it is :grin: