This Years concerts!

:cool_laugh: :cool_laugh: excited :cool_laugh:

Yay, I’m going to see Thrice in May!! Never thought I’d see them… didn’t even think I was going to any concerts soon… but yay! :grin:

I might also be going to the Ozzfest :cool: if there are still any tickets left in two weeks… hopefull

:grin:

im not sure if any of you know of the band dredg, if you dont check them out, they actually have an album about sleep paralysis and other sleeping symptoms called el cielo.

anyway

last night i went to a show by this band and it was easily the most amazing experience ive had all year long. they sound even better amazingly in person and Gavins voice filled the venue. The drummer was tossing drumsticks out into the crowd, one of which nailed me in the shoulder making it even better. :grin:

me and my friend were in the mosh for a little bit and it was absolutely crazy, when Bug Eyes came on and those few famouse words hit (“Your departure from the earth is haunting you, its haunting you”) the room frickin shook, everyone was taken away including myself. it was an amazing experience and i highly suggest anyone else who has the opportunity to go see them. for details check out www.dredg.com for tour info and such.

if you dig this band or have seen any shows by them please respond here.

I like dredg :peek: . Haven’t been to any of their concerts yet, but I’d love to see them live someday…

In the past year I have been to only a few concerts:

-Mindless Self Indulgence
-Nine Inch Nails
-Les Claypool

These are the groups I plan on seeing in the next year:

-Nine Inch Nails
-Les Claypool
-Red Hot Chilli Peppers
-(hed)p.e.
-Mindless Self Indulgence (if they tour near here)

:love: (okay, so I can’t find a more serious “love” smilie hehe but you get the idea). I wish I could see Nine Inch Nails too… You’re so lucky! I bet they were great… :slight_smile:

Tool are coming here soon (in the summer), but I’ll be away when they’re here :cry: Grrr… I’d love to see Tool! :cry:

I’d love it if I could get to Toronto and catch Steve Vai or Joe Satriani if they happen to be passing through this year, but I doubt I’ll have the time :cry:

ARCH ENEMY!!! FFS

I’m going to the donnington festival :smile: Easily the best festival in the UK, in the words of Shirley Manson “a festival dedicated to rock music”.

Went last year, black sabbath, nightwish, motorhead, velvet revolver, him

I don’t know as many of the bands this year, but guns n roses are there. plus metallica and tool (which I’ve heard are good but haven’t heard any songs by them).

Also saturday is ozfest so should be good.

Black sabbath

Youve seenthem ?

JUNE 9TH VITAL REMAINS AND INCANTATION \m/

Also helloween is going on tour sometime this summer/falll im not sure.

Other than jazz, I just saw moe. recently. 'Twas an amazing experience. All the people were so nice, footbag/hackey sack circles everywhere. People dancing, hippies tripping, everything was positive. And a real hippy chilled with us. Chilled with us very inexpensively as a matter of fact.

My friend, as I type, is at Bonnaroo :bambi: . I, obviously, am not, but I hope to see Béla Fleck and the Flecktones some other time this summer anyway.

(Edit: Could you fix the title of the thread please? The lack of an apostrophe is really unnerving. Please?)

I returned from bonnaroo and it was somewhere well beyond incredible.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Radiohead
Phil Lesh and Friends
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
moe.
Elvis Costello and the Imposters
Dr. John
The Dresden Dolls
Oysterhead
Les Claypool’s Fancy Band
Sonic Youth
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Disco Buiscuits
Umphreys Mcgee
and many more(I think there were 110 bands or so)

it just blew my mind and rocked my world a billion times over
I loved it!!! :happy: :happy:

ARG! Man, I want to see Béla again so bad. That man is my idol. I will probably get to August 18, so I guess I can wait.

Nice, I wanted to go this year just to see Oysterhead, who knows whenever they will play again. I got a truck instead:) Top 5???

So far this year, NIN i saw them in Miami and Pensacola. Great shows, saw them back last year in Orlando. The Pensacola show was like a combination of the Orlando show and Miami. Went to see Steel Pulse, missed out sold out. Saw Perpetual groove, something new and interesting. Looking forward to the weekend of fun with Les Claypool on Friday and Ministry on Sunday. Other than that I think Tool is coming in fall :eh: I just wish Slayer and Lamb of God would tour down here. My plate is full this year has a lot to offer, only if I had more money :grin:

Radiohead isn`t coming to BC :cry:

Oysterhead was just incredible at bonnaroo, I got such a close spot dead center to see the show. If Oysterhead ever gets together again, they are a must see. The three are just masters of music and showmanship, everything was just perfect. My only complaint was that the couple of times Les Claypool spoke to the audience he tended to use the mic he used to distort his voice for the oysterhead songs so he was a bit hard to understand, but what I understood was hilarious. “Bonnaroo, are you ready for the inevitable audio sodomy?”

Too bad about Steel Pulse having a sold out show :sad: Their bonnaroo set was good fun.

Which of Les Claypools bands are you going to see?

:hyper: Franz Ferdinand is coming to São Paulo in September! :boogie:

It says the Coup, yet i never heard of them. I dont know what to think with Les Claypool’s band, its always different and changing. I notice in alot of videos that he likes to use that microphone more than the normal one. I can’t wait, that weekend is going to be awesome!

i saw nine inch nails on sunday, and it was amazing. :cheesy:
i wanted to see brand new and tool (yeah, very different bands haha) but they both sold out really fast. :[ and i’m probably going to warped tour.