Plants

I really should get some too :confused:

I wish I had room to grow some vegetables, however my apartment only has a small balcony. I might be able to grow one or two tomato plants, but I don’t like tomatoes :content:

Get a closet growing kit. You can see them advertised in magazines like High Times or Cannabis Culture, because they are mainly used by people growing pot(your closet is a good place, no one can see), but you do not have to grow pot, you can grow whatever you want. They come with a grow light and everything. Apparently the good one work quite well.

Actually there are several hydroponics stores around here where I could purchase indoor growing supplies…the problem is I have no space indoors either :content:
I guess growing vegetables will have to wait :yes:

maybe i could get some pics of my garden up here in a week or two. Hmmm yeh. It is a 4x8 frame with soil which I have composted mixed with some store bought and some soil from the yard. I dont grow from seed due to the care and such put into that. I put miracle grow for vegitables on it and the veggies are growin over night. You know that cant be healthy. Well I`ll put a picture of the compost bin i built which is a cube with chicken wire sides to keep everything in and one side is hinged as a door to simplify everything. I got the plans for this out of some guide to being a hippie.

I love plants too. I’ve got a baby spider plant that i took from a cutting, two geraniums. Something which i’ve been told is a Japanese Hoya (anyone heard of those?) which i’ve had for about seven years, and it’s still in the same pot. It doesn’t grow very much.
I’ve also got a Christmas Cactus, which didn’t flower when i bought it, but now has new leaves coming out.
Until recently, i had an African Violet, but it died. I don’t think i’m very lucky with those, although i have green fingers.
As well as these, i have a dragon palm, and a cyclamen that is now resting until the end of the summer, when i will begin watering it again, to see if i can bring it back for christmas.
I now have my eye on a money tree and a Gloxinia that i’ve seen in the supermarket, although i’m not sure where i’m going to put them…this room is already turning into a jungle!

I had a cyclamen once also…but I think I killed it somehow :sad:
Maybe I wasn’t taking care of it properly, but one day it just started to wilt, until it had completely died away.

I have just made some kind of “latter” or my climbing plant :smile:

Dont look too good , but whatever

Oh crap, I did it again! :wallhit:

Note to self: do NOT vacuum clean the plants.

:shock: WHAT? How? Why? Why did you vacuum clean them?

Yeah, I know it was a silly thing to do…
There were lots of tiny flies around my plants.
When I was vacuuming up the flies, the two biggest leaves got sucked in.

Does anyone have a better way to get rid of insects? :tongue:

Do you smoke? :tongue:

:lol: No.

Then the best way of getting rid of them is just not possible. :razz:

Pesticide, maybe?

Or get one of those venus traps?

Good idea! I’ll se if I can find one.

ALERT

LOADS of the elafs on my plant are getting “eated” by some strange stuff.

It starts with holes on them , and then it egts more holes until its just a hostlike leaf left.

There are small black dots everywhere wherethis is happening.

Anyone got any ideas for what me to do ?

:uh: it might be spider-mites… but you should pull one of the affected leaves off and take it in to a garden centre and ask them what it is :grin:

It sounds like some kind of caterpillars or butterflies are attacking it. It is an outdoors plant, or exposed to wind from outdoors? The small black dots could be larvae excrements. Is it possible to take a picture of an affected leaf, and post it? Do the leaves curl up?

If it is an indoors plant, it could also be mites or lice. It is easier to tell if from a picture though :cool:

Yeah , it was larves.

:sad:

picked them off and took of the eaten leaves