No more Pantera?:(Like Metal or classic Rock?

@ hubbs: make a screenshot and then play with the colors/brightness/contrast in photoshop or a similar program.

or maybe look at the source code of that particular website… the background pic (4.gif i think) is the message…

Oh, I just noticed where you come from fabi…I live in Hamburg too :cheesy:

/Spam

Athsome dude. We can like have a thweet gay LD meetup. :wink:
Where in Hamburg do you live?

I listen to Katatonia too. They’re pretty cool :cheesy: I have their 2nd album (Brave Murder Day), in which Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth is doing the vocals :smile:

Anyone heard of “Sentenced”? If I mentioned there name Down Under, no-one would what im talking about. Anyway, just wondering what other people’s opinion is about this band? I think they are awesome, but from what I can gather they are considered “Posers” and all those other nasty words in country’s like Finland and stuff.

Never heard of them, i dont listen to foreign music. I feel left out :bored:

You ‘foreigners’ should check out In Flames too if you havn’t heard them before. That is a pop/mainstream-melodic death metal band if there ever was one!

And you were right about Opeth. Listening to some of their music right now. :smile:

Once again, does anybody recomend(know) any good songs from Opeth to download?? The couple i did download werent the greatest, so fill me in :happy:.

I give everything a chance :content:
Even Elevator music :eek:

Heh, I’m looking for elevator music myself :content:

Anyway… some songs of Opeth:
Blackwater Park
The Drapery Falls
Bleak
Harvest
In My Time of Need
Moonlapse Vertigo

Have fun :cool:

@fabi
I live in Schnelsen and you?

@Hubbs
That depends on your preferences in music. Generally I’d suggest anything of Blackwater Park because it seems the most accessible record for most people…

Download ‘Bleak’ from BWP

“Godheads lament” is also pretty cool…+“a fair judgment” from their second newest album deliverance…awwwww…OPETH…

If you’re on cable or DSL make sure to download "Black Rose Immortal2 from the Album “Morningrise” to get a feel for the old, raw Opeth…
If you like mellow music, download anything excapt “Weak” of “Damnation” …it’s basically progrock…they did it together with porcupine trees frontman Steve Wilson…it’s amazing…

Alrighty then, thanks :content:

Do any of you guys listen to American Metal?

I don’t really listen to any American stuff, just nothing I like has come out of there recently… but I like the old metal of course.
Hubbs you should check out a song called “New Age Messiah” by Sentenced, it sounds like 80’s power metal, with screaming vocals, it’s really cool :cool:

Sounds right up my alley, i’ll download it :smile: Thanks for looking out there for a big manic for metal(Me).

I have only listened to “My arm - your hearse” so far. Which album is the best one in your opinions? I have gotten used to d/l:ing full albums only. Usually all albums by one band at the same time. Thats what the university network is for afterall isn’t it? :grin:

Sometimes it gets too much and you have to delete everything and just keep a few songs. But all of “My arm - your hearse” was worth keeping i think.

All Opeth Albums are worth keeping, but I think it’s pretty lame to download complete records…Quality music should be rewarded…moreover, the Opeth booklets add alot to the overall feel…they’re sooooo cool…the last ones were done by Travis smith…they look absolutly beautiful…

But to answer your question…it depends on your taste in music. If you like a raw production and a, in a way, blackmetallish sound, go for Morningrise or Orchid…if you like classical death Metal, choose Deliverance…Blackwaterpark is a cool mix between heavy and mellow sounding…Still life is just beautiful but takes more time than Blackwater Park to access…Damnation is the “mellow” side of Deliverance…they did the album with Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and it’s not really Metal, but worth a listen!!!

Well…just randomly choose an Album…you can’t go wrong… :content:

This is a little backround in what i like in music, in all music(if your intrested, do tell as well)

Remember most of the bands im into are American, lets start with Soulfly, Pantera, Danzig, Slayer, Ministry, NIN, Superjoint Ritual, Down, Primus, Oysterhead, STP, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Red Hot Chili Peppers old bands too, like Sabbath, Doors, Zep, Police, Aerosmith this list is endless so ill stop here.

I likeheavy metal, but most heavy metal bands today sounds the same, or the band might sound great, but the lead singer sounds retarded. I like the little things, i guess thats my problem. Its hard to find a good heavy metal band these days look:

Hey Hubbs, thanks for the heads up about Pantera, I checked them out and it floats my boat! :content: They are something special compared to some acts now days.

What are peoples faviorate sub-genres? e.g. Classic Metal, Power Metal, Prog Metal, Speed/Trash, Death, Black, Doom, Gothic, Idustrial?
I go for Power, Speed, Black, Gothic and Idustrial. Death doesn’t do it for me, I was turned away from it because of Mayhem… psychos :bored:
One more thing… RAMMSTEIN ARE GREAT!

Isn’t Mayhem Black Metal?
Death metal is cool…try dying fetus, decapitated, bloodbath…
My favourite Generes in Metal are:

progressive , gothic, death, doom (including so called “dark” “atmospheric” Metal), melodic death…BM if they don’t have stupid “Warrrgh…With my longsword I kill christians” lyrics…

I have some tpye of story, others might be intrested in, but just remember you dont have to like metal to read it.

This story is happening in Northern Florida, i heard it on the news Yesterday, look at the link its self explanatory :cool_laugh: https://hellonearth.net/

Move over Dr. Death, Hell on Earth is here for your assiatance :neutral: Scary Stuff :roll:

I sthis normal in the World??? :help: