the BIG server status topic

Here i’ll post things (that i know of) that have been going on or are going on with the server.

The latest downtime was due to a reboot, there is now more memory on the server.

That should mean things will be faster now as well, so we will have to see that :smile:

server was down for unknown reason - they rebooted it and now it’s back.

sorry everybody.

continues search for new host

update: it was another account on the server that caused an overload. i have requested to be moved to a quiter node and they have initiated the move as i write this.
there should be no downtime.

The move will take 2 to 12 hours. I have to go to sleep now, i have asked if there would be any dataloss but i haven’t gotten any reply yet. So to be sure don’t post anything you don’t have a backup of.

The move has completed sucessfully. Unfortunately they didn’t check if everything worked correctly after that, but after a mail, they fixed it immediately. So, we are in a new home. But still on the old server, only on another ‘node’.

This is worse than before… As you have noticed. Things have become unreachable :sad:

I’ve asked them to put me on another node again, this time a more quiet one. As of now, no response.

I’m packing my bags and leaving for another host. I thought it would be possible to manage another few months until the paid-for year was over but this is unworkable.

the forum will be down soon, as will the rest of the site, awaiting the move.

donations are more than welcome.

Q

well, we moved back again to were we came from, and the speed has drastically increased.

I’m now pruning old posts, so the database will become smaller. the archive is already finished but i have to do some finishing touches before i can make it accessible. So don’t worry, all posts that are now gone are still available in the archive. (exept for the playground and helpdesk and such).

This is all taking longer than I thought but I’m working hard on it. I don’t want to open the forum before I’m done with all this. In this way, nothing can be lost, and it is speedier working without people constantly posting :wink: