Nintendo Wii

This topic is about discussion about Nintendo’s new Console Wii and it’s games

How many of you are planning to get a Wii and the game SSBB?
Since SSBB has an online function then maybe we can make a tournament for the LD4all members :grin:

Except for SSBB, I think I want to get the new Zelda game Twilight Princess but then after those two games I don’t know what games I want

maybe the metroid game too, or Wii sports seem fun with the motion sensitive control

I loved the idea behind Wii! It will rule so much!

Have you people seen it’s controller? I read they wanted to make it like that because people who never got how to play videogame would be able to play Wii, and because the people who know still have to get used to it, so it’s a new challenge.

Well, they got it right. Me mom saw the ad on the net and said: ‘Wow, I could play that! I want to play that!’

Also, I like the idea of downloading old nintendo games and playing them on Wii. :yes:

I’m definately going to buy Wii, SSBB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) and Zelda. I think I also want to buy Mario, Gamecube’s Mario wasn’t really good, but this one looks like going to be nice. :cool:

I think that controller is just rediculous. It seems so freakin noob. I think it was a good idea, but i’ve seen a demo, and i dont think it is that great. I think Nintendo is becoming less of a gamers gaming console and more of a form of entertainment for hosting a party. Literally every group I know, whether they be gamers, nerds, theatre people, or preps plays the gamecube with a group.

But on the other hand when it comes to group play, You cant beat nintendo. But if i am going to spen money on a console i want to be able to put alot of time into single player, and i know that will only rarely happen with the wii…zelda.

So yeah, but i defintely cant wait to play ssbb. and zelda of course. Ill just get Twilight princess on an emulator when one is available :tongue:

I don’t like the name though…

5 y/o kid: Mom, I want a Wee!

=|

Anyway, the controller is brilliant, there are a hell of a lot of possibilities for game developers to implement the motion sensor function into games ^^.
(Nice gameplay =D)…

Hey, I’m getting the Wii and the same games as you! Twilight Princess at launch, though I’m half-expecting they’ll sell it with the console… But yeah, the controller concept is great, and for those who don’t like it there’s the gamecube controller plug-in you can buy…

As soon as they make a REAL action-roleplaying game with a model that completely renders actual motion of your weapon in-game, I’m buying Wii, and whatever game has that feature.

On a related note, can that controller even do something that complex? It uses infared to transfer data, right?

Nope, it doesn’t, it’s tracked via bluetooth and some other spatial motion sensoring technology (ooo a four word noun, how fancy!)

I don’t think it’s noob, Contage… After all, you’re not an experienced Wii player! :tongue: No–one is. Maybe they can make something really tough. I think the first games will be easier though, you’re right. And I also agree that Nintendo has been focusing more and more on group play and hasn’t been improving in single player modes…

I can’t wait to buy a Wii I love everything about it and I could really see my family getting into this and having a lot of fun. I love how you could download NES, SNES, and N64 games on it.

When I told my music teacher about the conducting game he was like, “Really??” :grin:

I was great.

I can’t wait for the Wii’s release. I’d love to get one but I won’t be buying it right away, I’ll probably wait a while until to see what kind of games they put out for it, but I’m fairly certain the games will be good. I’m also looking foward to getting to use the new style controller :smile:

It’s like a mouse and a game controller combined! Plus, Will Wright’s Spore is likely to be a Wii release. If you haven’t heard of it, your life isn’t complete. Google it, check it on Google Video, and if you’re feeling adventurous, look up Gaming Steve’s Spore forum.

I just hijacked this topic, didn’t I? Um… I hope that I can afford a Wii. (unlike those $600 PS3s…)

I’ve read somewhere that the release price of Wii will be even lower than the release price of GameCube, can anyone get that checked?

I’m already saving me money. :smile:

The price won’t be announced until September, but it would be awesome if the release price was cheaper.

It’s BELOW 250 dollars. That’s all that I know.

I love the idea of the 3d sound. It’s a little thing, but I think it still rocks. When firing a gun or something, the sound starts at the controller and ends on your tv, because they’ve put a speaker in the controller.

I won’t download any classic games I guess. I prefer my collection of the original versions. It’s not much, just a SNES, 2 SNES games and a N64 game, but it’s still awesome. I might download some games, like Earthbound and Super Mario RPG, because they haven’t been released in Europe. Those games rock, seriously. Earthbound is a piece of art.[/u]

I hope the remote technology works well. That’s my biggest concern for the Wii.

I’m probably most looking forward to Smash Bros. Brawl. I’m also looking forward to Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Sonic Wild Fire, Rayman, and a few others. It will be interesting to see if game developers create games that are in line with Nintendo’s philosophy for the Wii. Nintendo is really stressing innovativity and creativity this time around, and it will be nice if we get more original, creative games.

As for the price, I highly doubt it will be more than $200 since every past Nintendo console has launched with a $200 price point. Moreover, considering that the Wii will be graphically underpowered compared with the Xbox 360 and PS3, I don’t see why it would need to break the trend.

And speaking of Earthbound, I was going to play it a couple of months ago (I have an original copy and an SNES) for the first time in some years. I was all geared up and ready for a nostalgia trip, then the game messed up as I was playing. :sad: So hooray for the Wii’s virtual console feature! Earthbound will be the first game I buy. :grin:

The Wii does look mighty fun, but I dont see myself buying one. I definatly hope to play it at parties and such with friends(its always fun to pull out an old n64 for some super smash brothers mayem), but I dont play too many video games anymore besides the occasional bout of nethack. Getting one for myself seems a waste since I would never play with it by myself and the others will probably buy one. :content:

i’m counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds! :grin:
I am so freakin’ excited! :cool_laugh:
Less than 8 days! :cool:

Luckily I get paid 2 days before launch, so I plan on being at Wal-Mart at midnight for the purchase.
My Mom offered some financial assistance via her Circuit City credit card … but I refused because Circuit City doesn’t open until 8am and God forbid I miss a midnight launch. :tongue: … I’d rather be broke till next paycheck. :lol:

WIth my Wii I plan on purchashing Zelda and Call of Duty 3 for my games. I also plan on getting $20 of Wii Points for online purchases and 1 extra controller with nunchuck.

As soon as I get it online I’ll be sure to make a post here using it’s Opera Web Browser. :smile: … once my eyes bleed from Zelda and need a rest. :content:

Oh man, how I wish I could get my hands on one :content:
Sadly, I have other obligations to meet, so it looks like I won’t be able to get my hands on one until after Christmas time…but I’m sure it will be worth the wait.

Let us know how awesome it is DreamAddict :grin:

I am not going to bye the wii becouse spacealbin is going to and I am a playstaion fan (ico, fatal frame/project zero and kingdom heart).
So I am going for Playstation 3 when I get $400.( I am curently on $3)

A bit sad I don’t get to have the Loz:TLP.

Hehehe, I think I’ll go for the Wii. I don’t have much time to play now that I’m in University now, though. If this were to be remarkably cheap, I might go for it. There’s something about Legend of Zelda that is so nostalgic for me. I was playing the original one earlier this year, it brought back a lot of memories for me. I love that noise that is made when you solve a puzzle or find a secret…for that reason alone I may buy the Wii :tongue:

You know the game comes to GameCube too, right?