we're back :)

thank you for your patience. I hope nobody suffered from withdrawal too much :wink:

/me gives everybody cookies to celebrate

The archive is finished now, and the current database has been optimized and a lot of posts pruned (which are now in the archive).

The archive is for members only and you have to login with your current username to read it.

Unfortunately there is one disadvantage: as soon as you have logged into the archive, it removes all your new posts since last visit information on the main forum (eg this one). So beware if you go strolling in the archive.

The archive can be found Here and there is also a link below on the forum index.

Thank you for your patience, I hope you enjoy the sped up forum :cool:

Thank you for your supportive messages and thoughts and positive vibes, while I was working on this :content:

I was wondering why i could suddently post :razz: Seems like i was the first one who made a post. I am happy that the forum is back.

:boogie:

Yay! LD4all is back :hurray:

eats cookie

can you not change the name of the archive cookies? That should stop it from eating the new post cookie on the main forum.

PS: A heads up to Alvin and the chipm… ummm librarians, old links will need updating :wink:

Um… that definitely describes my situation.

Anyways, the forum is a lot faster now! I can finally check twenty topics at once! :mrgreen_hat:

Luckily I was sleeping for much of when the forum was locked, so I’m sure I haven’t missed much :tongue:

Finally its back :grin:

FORUM! AHH!! How I missed yee! :hugs:

Yes, I am a very sad person. :lol:

[size=9]Say hello to ol’ Tim-tim for me. :content:[/size]

Glad to have the site up and running. Thanks for all the hard work!

Phew! I know I’ve not posted much recently, but the withdrawal is still just as bad when LD4all goes down :grin:

Thanks Q :content:

It sounds like you do a lot of hard work! I can see it is appreciated, but I’d still like to voice my appreciation as well. Good work, and great forum and web site!

Nice to see the forum back. It was odd to see this place ‘quiet’. It was almost spooky. Still, with all the events happening as of recent, it kind of makes you think of what it would be like for there to be no LD4all at all.

@Mohegan: Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT: Oh… why did you archive the forum now, pasQUale? As usual, I’m curious about it.

i was worried :open_mouth: thank goodness its back ::whew::

To make the forum faster off course. Since the Dutch forum did works fast and didn’t have that much database she tried this out. :content: Didn’t you notice any difference?

I thought the speed was because we moved back to the server where we came from. And… I fail to understand how archiving posts can make things faster. (I’m not very knowledgable with these things.)

what’s in the archive is in a separate database now, so the current forum has a smaller database, hence it is faster to load. I also optimized the database, and now things are much much faster than they were before we moved and back again :boogie:

wow Q :eek:

You ahve done an EXELLENT job , if I only had paypal i would ahve wired some bucks :sad:

Anyways , this site loads faster than MANY sites i use nowadays :smile:

I am so happy it’s back :smile: