Brain is too Stimulated..can't sleep

When i have a good time with friends and i come back home and go to sleep, i never get to sleep properly. My brain is too stimulated so the entire time i am dreaming i am confused and i beleive weird things that have something to do with what happened before.

This happened to me yesterday, after i came back from the prom:

I get really confused :bored: and i beleive i am still dancing with everyone else. Then i think i am sleeping where everyone is dancing. So i don’t understand that i am actually dreaming. Don’t get me wrong, i still know that i am sleeping :sleeping: somehow…but i mix reality with dreaming.

It is hard :crazy: to understand. Below is another example:

I go to sleep after up to 5 hours of non-stop football (soccer) with friends. While i am asleep, i see HI of us playing football. Somehow I think why am i sleeping on the pitch? So i stil beleive i am with my friends and at the same time sleeping , NOT Dreaming but sleeping.

Does anyone else get that? How do you deal with that? How can i stop this from happening beforehand or even while it is happening?

When this happened to me yesterday at times i tried to tell myself that i was dreaming but the closest thing i got to explain to myself was this:

“Don’t worry you aren’t sleeping on the dance floor, you are on the table”

Please Help Me

The closest that I can relate to that is how I feel when waking up by my alarm clock sometimes. Occasionally, it will become intertwined into my dreams, and I may think that somehow it has more functions than just an alarm, such as being able to use if for posting on the forum, if I’m having a forum dream. In other cases, I’ll still be so involved in my own dreams that I even forget how the clock works, in spite of it’s apparent simplicity. :anx:

Bottom line: I’m late to school very often. :tongue:

That happens to me on rare occasions. Not 100% like you, but really similar. What happens is: I go to bed and I start hearing and seeing moments again. I’m fully aware that it’s just thought, but it’s like my brain entered meditation mode without me asking it to.

When I finally manage to stop rolling in bed and fall asleep, my sleep is unstable, with me waking up every three quarters or so… I might even wake up and think I’m someone else, somewhere else or in a situation that I haven’t been in since hours ago…

[size=100]— edit —

[/size]As to how I deal with it: as I mentioned, the first part if what I experience feels like what I feel in meditative state. So I do breathing exercises, relax and actually get into controlled meditation. I try to sort my feelings and thoughts out, let myself relax and fall asleep. The sleep still sometimes isn’t perfect, with me waking up a lot, but at least it gets a bit better and the euphoria wears off.

Not as many people answered as i hoped they would…Bruno your case is slightley similair to mine. Except when all this happens sometimes i never realize that it is taking place! So i can’t try to relax myself along the path of sleeping. I mean when this happens i wake up loads of times similair to Bruno because i can’t understand what’s going on.

As for BB…that’s a totally diffrent case :tongue:

Ps. Thanks for replying B and BB

It happens the same for me when im obseced with something, like playing Hearts Of Iron (A turn based strategy game) one time, I was having thoughts of me giving orders to countries. Playing blackjack, that happened when we played that everyday at school in the recess.
And sometimes when I am about to have a school test I wake up knowing that I was studying exercises moments ago while sleeping, of course I think that will not help me in the test becouse it is very confusing. The same happens always, it’s so confusing…

Some people are misunderstanding the reason for this topic. I am asking :

It’s getting worse. I can’t sleep well and i wake up with my mind exhausted not to mention a headache! I am desperate to solve this issue :cry: :cry:

Have you tried relaxation? That WILD CD you were telling me about, you could listen to stuff like that to chill and drift into sleep. :smile:

Thanks Bruno for the idea. I’ll try that today and see how it is. I relaized Relaxation is the problem. Does Anyone know are relaxtion excercises other than music that can help me fall asleep? I would appreciate it if YOU replied. Thank You!

I slept yesterday! YAY!

:boogie:

Thanks Bruno :hugs:

I’m going to try this again today :happy:

Breathing relaxation time! :hyper:

First, lie in bed very still and make sure every part of your body feels comfortable in the position you are. I tend to do that lying on my back, with my arms paralel to my body, a bit curved, and the hand neither totally open nor closed.

Breathe in, try to breathe not with the lungs, but with the belly. Hold. Release slowly. Breathe in again. Feel your feet. Release, still feeling it. Breathe in. Try to really concentrate on your feet. Release. Breathe in. Try to make that sensation you have of feet–awareness spread to your legs. Release. Breathe in. Now try to set your feet and your legs free, release them just like you’re releasing the air. Breathe in. Spread the awareness to your body, your belly, your back, your chest. Release. Breathe in. Say thanks to your body and let it relax, release it and release the air. Breathe in. Focus on the tip of your fingers. Release.

So on: spread to the forearms, to the arms, to the shoulders. Feel your face, from the bottom to the top, feel the body, then relelase it while you breathe out. Keep breating. When you feel relaxed, try to breathe less intensely and lose connection with your body while you drift into sleep. :smile:

Another way to relax is to imagen you are laying on a beach. Try to feel the warm sand on your back and the sun on your skin.

Have you tried letting all this confusion come, then FORCE YOURSELF AWAKE and just sit there and tell yourself YOU ARE GOING TO BED, YOU ARE GOING TO SLEEP!!

Tell your self! Tell you how you is! And then SLAP IT if it don’t listen! Get yourself fully awake and remind yourself of your current location and situation then go back to bed.

i have this…

put on a dvd/video and turn it to low sound door closed/curtains so u cant be disturbed by any thing then just lie in your bed not watch the dvd just listening i guarentee you’ll sleep and wont notice it. during this lying down time you could always plan a dream?