No more Pantera?:(Like Metal or classic Rock?

I listen to Katatonia too. They’re pretty cool :cheesy: I have their 2nd album (Brave Murder Day), in which Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth is doing the vocals :smile:

Anyone heard of “Sentenced”? If I mentioned there name Down Under, no-one would what im talking about. Anyway, just wondering what other people’s opinion is about this band? I think they are awesome, but from what I can gather they are considered “Posers” and all those other nasty words in country’s like Finland and stuff.

Never heard of them, i dont listen to foreign music. I feel left out :bored:

You ‘foreigners’ should check out In Flames too if you havn’t heard them before. That is a pop/mainstream-melodic death metal band if there ever was one!

And you were right about Opeth. Listening to some of their music right now. :smile:

Once again, does anybody recomend(know) any good songs from Opeth to download?? The couple i did download werent the greatest, so fill me in :happy:.

I give everything a chance :content:
Even Elevator music :eek:

Heh, I’m looking for elevator music myself :content:

Anyway… some songs of Opeth:
Blackwater Park
The Drapery Falls
Bleak
Harvest
In My Time of Need
Moonlapse Vertigo

Have fun :cool:

@fabi
I live in Schnelsen and you?

@Hubbs
That depends on your preferences in music. Generally I’d suggest anything of Blackwater Park because it seems the most accessible record for most people…

Download ‘Bleak’ from BWP

“Godheads lament” is also pretty cool…+“a fair judgment” from their second newest album deliverance…awwwww…OPETH…

If you’re on cable or DSL make sure to download "Black Rose Immortal2 from the Album “Morningrise” to get a feel for the old, raw Opeth…
If you like mellow music, download anything excapt “Weak” of “Damnation” …it’s basically progrock…they did it together with porcupine trees frontman Steve Wilson…it’s amazing…

Alrighty then, thanks :content:

Do any of you guys listen to American Metal?

I don’t really listen to any American stuff, just nothing I like has come out of there recently… but I like the old metal of course.
Hubbs you should check out a song called “New Age Messiah” by Sentenced, it sounds like 80’s power metal, with screaming vocals, it’s really cool :cool:

Sounds right up my alley, i’ll download it :smile: Thanks for looking out there for a big manic for metal(Me).

I have only listened to “My arm - your hearse” so far. Which album is the best one in your opinions? I have gotten used to d/l:ing full albums only. Usually all albums by one band at the same time. Thats what the university network is for afterall isn’t it? :grin:

Sometimes it gets too much and you have to delete everything and just keep a few songs. But all of “My arm - your hearse” was worth keeping i think.

All Opeth Albums are worth keeping, but I think it’s pretty lame to download complete records…Quality music should be rewarded…moreover, the Opeth booklets add alot to the overall feel…they’re sooooo cool…the last ones were done by Travis smith…they look absolutly beautiful…

But to answer your question…it depends on your taste in music. If you like a raw production and a, in a way, blackmetallish sound, go for Morningrise or Orchid…if you like classical death Metal, choose Deliverance…Blackwaterpark is a cool mix between heavy and mellow sounding…Still life is just beautiful but takes more time than Blackwater Park to access…Damnation is the “mellow” side of Deliverance…they did the album with Steve Wilson (Porcupine Tree) and it’s not really Metal, but worth a listen!!!

Well…just randomly choose an Album…you can’t go wrong… :content:

This is a little backround in what i like in music, in all music(if your intrested, do tell as well)

Remember most of the bands im into are American, lets start with Soulfly, Pantera, Danzig, Slayer, Ministry, NIN, Superjoint Ritual, Down, Primus, Oysterhead, STP, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Chevelle, Red Hot Chili Peppers old bands too, like Sabbath, Doors, Zep, Police, Aerosmith this list is endless so ill stop here.

I likeheavy metal, but most heavy metal bands today sounds the same, or the band might sound great, but the lead singer sounds retarded. I like the little things, i guess thats my problem. Its hard to find a good heavy metal band these days look:

Hey Hubbs, thanks for the heads up about Pantera, I checked them out and it floats my boat! :content: They are something special compared to some acts now days.

What are peoples faviorate sub-genres? e.g. Classic Metal, Power Metal, Prog Metal, Speed/Trash, Death, Black, Doom, Gothic, Idustrial?
I go for Power, Speed, Black, Gothic and Idustrial. Death doesn’t do it for me, I was turned away from it because of Mayhem… psychos :bored:
One more thing… RAMMSTEIN ARE GREAT!

Isn’t Mayhem Black Metal?
Death metal is cool…try dying fetus, decapitated, bloodbath…
My favourite Generes in Metal are:

progressive , gothic, death, doom (including so called “dark” “atmospheric” Metal), melodic death…BM if they don’t have stupid “Warrrgh…With my longsword I kill christians” lyrics…

I have some tpye of story, others might be intrested in, but just remember you dont have to like metal to read it.

This story is happening in Northern Florida, i heard it on the news Yesterday, look at the link its self explanatory :cool_laugh: https://hellonearth.net/

Move over Dr. Death, Hell on Earth is here for your assiatance :neutral: Scary Stuff :roll:

I sthis normal in the World??? :help:

Howdy, its been a bit since i made anything on this htread, but im mainly here now to tell you. If you like Primus, and if you don’t know about there new ablum by now click this :user: https://www.primussucks.com/index2.html
Thats what i’ve been hooked on lately, great ablum/dvd, they did’nt create a whole thing. BUT the career spanning dvd is well worth your purchase :grin: . The original 3 members are together again after 6years, and this is there best work yet. If your really intrested to hear any of it, just roam the site i gave, they have some mp3’s you can listen to. I think the song Pilchers Squad is the only song you hear from start to finish :tongue: .

Other than that, just listening to APC (A perfect Circle) check this link out if your intrested at all https://www.aperfectcircle.com Thats all i have from my music world, seeya later :wave:

Just lately i went to a great concert. I saw A Perfect Circle, for the 3rd time. They once again had a great performance; i think it was the best yet. The only bad thing, yet it was a good thing at the same time, it rained through out the whole concert. I like this band alot, because they arent to hooked on visuals or anything. They just play a great show, and a excellent set. I think this show was the best out of 3 because, they had alot of new and different songs they could of played, the 2nd show they played mostly everything from the first album, but alot of covers, because they needed to fill their time frame. The 1st time i saw them they had a real short set, like 30 minutes, so i missed about 25minutes of it, and saw the last song. It was kinda of weird though how the rained stoped when they played Weak and Powerless, but as the show progressed and grew harder, so did the rain. It was an odd coincidence and affect, because with this band, every song starts of slow, and grows bigger, louder, and better. If you have the chance to see this band, go for it! You might be missing out :tongue:

I havent been on this thread in a bit of time, seems like about 2 months. Besides the fact i have another band i want to share if you havent heard of them yet. The name of the band is George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic. I never heard of any of there music, until the ride to Miami, it sounded funky and i had no idea what i was in for. The show started at midnight, and they had an opening act so i had some beers before i went. Im never to big on the opening acts, i like to use my time wisely.(get drunk!) We got to the show around 12:45-1 am, and the Parliament Funk just started jamming. Once they hit stage and got the crowd moving, it just brought a big smile to my face. The songs are very long, and they have lots of solos and great vibes. Funk is great, i never knew in what ways you can play that style of music. This band had alot of talent, and they performed over 3hours. The band was on till 5am, George Clinton shows up after the 3rd song or so, but these songs play out to be 20 minutes long or even longer. This band played so hard with all different instruments they sound as hard as metal, they switch as peaceful to classic rock(like Floyd), and as Funky as James Brown all at the same time. I never dance and head banged at a concert before, this is probably one of the most unique concerts i been to. I just wanted to get that off my chest :content: . If you heard of this band or anything like it, shed some light. I think i found a new Genre of music that i really enjoy :smile: