Willing yourself to do it

But i dont get one thing… You can fail a RC in dream, it happens. (3 times for me x_X ) Wouldnt be easier just to say “at 4:30 I will realize that i’m in dream” ?

And about that weird 5 feets - I readed that body is connected with… soul (let me call it like that) by a silver thread. At firsts OoBE it is really short, and it doesnt lets you go away from body.

And WILD doesnt works for me, i cant just dont move by so big amount of time. My record was about a 20-30 mins.

Darxide, quick question. In EWLD LaBerge says that autosuggestions should be made without effortful intention, that effort is counterproductive (at least in his case). So I’m wondering, do you actively and intently carry out your autosuggestion technique, or do you relax and genuinely expect it to work without deliberate effort?

Last night I decided to give the techniques in the first few posts a try. I told myeslf that I was going to wake up at 4am with an rested mind while my body was still tired, so that it could resume sleep. I even ended up typing out my intention to wake up at 4am. Sure enough, I woke up in the middle of the night at approximately 4 am. The problem was in noticing myself falling asleep. I ended up entering a dream but not realizing that I was dreaming until I woke up at 5:30.

I guess I’ll try the same basic technique tonight, but with an additional part about the specifics of the timing of how I’ll fall back asleep and see if that helps.

Keep trying! The spinning will stop and you’ll return to a normal waking state if you get too excited during the spinning process. As exciting as it is, just try to remain calm and let it happen.

If that’s what works for you. Just a simple, time specific suggestion that conveys your intentions to your subconscious. The trick is not to push it too hard. Remember, just let it happen.

That would make sense. So you’re suggesting that the pain came from stretching this cord? That makes sense, however I don’t understand why my cord would be so tight that I couldn’t go more than 5 feet.

WILD would work for you if you gave it enough practice. Practically anyone who is willing to put in the required effort will achieve it. The amount of effort required varies from person to person, due to psychological, biological and even genetic factors.

You only want to put enough effort into your intentions to feel that they take affect. The trick is to balance effort with ease. :smile: Remember, as I always say, just relax and let it happen.

The fact that you woke up at 4 AM as you programmed yourself to tells me that autosuggestion has the potential to work for you. Keep up the good work!

With all of the technics you have to keep rembering that each person is different. What works for one person doesn’t always work for some one else. If you want to try a technic, you do need to stick with it for a while. Everything new needs time. Some technics are more diffecult then others and some people have a knack for some part of the technic, like someone being very good at getting into spinning in their head while laying in bed and relaxing their body. Other people will just have problems because they tend to get sick from the “spinning” while laying still.
The point, you need to spend enough time with a technic to give it a chance, but you should also look for ways to do the techinc that fit you. If you have problems with spinning, try moving your fingers, or listening to music for WILD, or whatever else works best for you from all the different methods that other people do. You might even come up with something new that fits you better.
If you have tried a technic for a few weeks, or months and it is not working, then switch to a different technic. Some people can try a different technic each night and find out what works, but most of us must try the same technic for weeks or months befor we learn it well enough that it works.
I am working on WILD, and I feel like I am at the point where I start skipping accross the dream/wake border. I start getting into a dream and then wake up again. I have been working on it now for about three weeks. Maybe I can get into LD’s with it, maybe not, but I will keep trying for a few weeks befor I give up and move to a different technic.

Good luck, Don. :smile:

sorry for the late response :bored: …no I never finished any 2.0 software. The LucidWarp stuff went way over people’s heads, and I couldn’t figure out a better way to explain things… And the Digibook just wasn’t needed…first version was good enough.

I guess I was using the wrong approach to describe the whole “will yourself to do it” thing. You seemed to have nailed it right in the center. I truely believe this is the next step in figuring out how powerful the human brain actually is. Not just with lucid dreaming…but with everything. We are all capable of doing so much more with this “brain power”…all it takes is observation.

Exactly. The human brain is capable of doing anything the mind can concieve, but we as humans haven’t really taken time to develop it over the years so each of us only uses roughly 5% on average.

I’m curious if we can unlock and use more of it just by willing ourselves to for an hour or so every day. If someone could discover how to tap into and harness the power of the full brain, they would be RICH. However, they should not make the secret public known, because there are those who would use its power for corrupt purposes. The secret should only be shared with very mature and wise individuals. I mean, we don’t want a bunch of kids getting angry at their parents and causing them to burn, just by thinking about it. :tongue:

Any ideas on how to approach unlocking the remaining portion of the brain?

If someone could discover how to tap into the power of the full brain, he would be acting like an idiot during an hour, by doing all the possible human activities in the same time, that is, jumping, swimming on the ground, mewing while reciting Baudelaire’s verses and making faces and if he got the chance of not being directed to the nearest asylum, he probably would get a short-circuit.

This 10% story is an urban myth. It’s impossible to use 100% of the brain in the same time.

I wasn’t, and I’m sure Darxide wasn’t, talking about using 100% of the brain at exactly one moment. What I mean is using 100% of the brains functions some time or another. It’s just like knowing 100% of driving. You know and can do it all, but not at the same time.

I know our brains can do so much more. Just look at the Shared Dreaming situations that numerous people have experienced. That right there shows that the brain has the power to communicate with other brains, sort of like a wireless internet connection. Also, look at Remote Viewing, which the USA CIA used in the past. This shows that the brain has the power to see places that are thousands of miles away.

Theres craploads more of evidence of “greater power”…and soon enough, even more will be revealed. Like I said earlier…all it takes is observation.

I got some results with lucid warp… and the digibook is a good kind of a handbook for all the basics plus some less known information. But as far as “willing yourself to do it” I think this is waht I was doing when I first started, and I had a few LD’s this way, but I’ve been having trouble lately, no other techniques have been very effective, so I’m going back to this one!

Good luck, The Mad Hatter. :smile:

EDIT: Woah, I just noticed you’re from Oregon. So am I! :smile: I’m from Beaverton. What part are you from?

Darxide this doesn’t work for everyone does it? :grin: cuz well Nothing for me, but I will try it again tonight because it seems really easy! haha

:smile: That’s the spirit, Redifin. Just relax and make your intention firm but easy. Genuinely expect it to happen.

i find that the hard part though…

i find it hard to make myself expect or believe things…

What are the chances? I’m from newport, on the central part of the coast. About four hours away from Portland.

Also, got some results last night, woke up at 400, but i have this nasty habit of moving right when I wake up…have to work on that part of it.

Is that because you feel you’re fooling yourself? If so, then why care? If you truly fool yourself, it will work, therefore you never fooled yourself to begin with.

Awesome. Keep up the good work!

I did it again last night, and as always, it worked for me. It was really strange how I became aware I was dreaming. I was having a nightmare, in the store that I work, and my younger brother came up and pointed at a sign that said, “Reminder: You’re dreaming!”. So, I’m like, “OF COURSE!!!”. Hahah. It was great.

Haha, little brothers are good for something! Contrary to popular beleif. Can’t say from experience anyways. Maybe I’ll do some suggestions to myself via hypnosis that I’ll see a sign that says that next time I’m dreaming. I’ll keep trying that tech though. Just out of curiousity, about how long is your average lucid dream?

Well, sometimes it’s 2 or 3 minutes and other times it is 8 or 9 minutes. It really varies. I kind of wish that I found I was dreaming earlier in the dream though, because it was really long.

Anyways, I need to go work out then go to work (at Safeway with rude customers). Peace.