the BIG remembering dreams topic part IV

Hi izandal,

As you seem to have a good DR, I think you’re ready to get LD’s. The first problem could be some help to you indeed. If it happens very often, you should try to perform RC’s before writing your DJ down. Thus you could realize that you’re dreaming when you have false awakenings.

About your third problem, don’t apply moral criterions to your dreams. You’re not really responsible of them (especially if you’re not lucid). Another thing: don’t try to suspect your dreams to tell you something. If they really want to tell you something, you’ll understand it when you wake up (“I had this dream because I’ve seen this thing last day”). So if you don’t understand what a dream means, just don’t worry about it and write it down.

Topic merged into the BIG remembering dreams topic

I have a lot of trouble remembering dreams. Most of the time I fall asleep without noticing it and I wake up again (it’s like blinking with your eyes, and it’s the next day). I remember absolutely nothing of my dreams. This has been like that for years.
I’ve only remembered some dreams, I think I can count them on two, or perhaps even on one hand. There are two dreams I remember completely, one is a horrible nightmare, and the other one was the best dream of my life (up till now).

Now, I’ve read up on the site here a little bit, and I think I’ll try some of those remembering methods, but I’m not sure if it will work with me, since I can’t recall anything from my sleep.

How is it done? Sometimes I just feel like giving up, because I know I won’t remember it anyway.

How do you know it was the best dream of your life if you remember hardly any of your dreams? :razz:

Anyway, I was wondering it is really necessary to keep a DJ.
A journal really isn’t my sort of thing. I don’t even know how to put down most of the stuff from my dreams in words (if I could even bring myself to record some of the stuff from my dreams.)

If I go over the details of my dream in my head a few times after I wake up I won’t forget it, so I’m not sure if a DJ will necessarily help me remember better.

Joshiii_Kun, you’re suggesting yourself in a negative way. :confused: Dreams are very easy to remember and most of the people who tried increased greatly their dream recall in less than a week.

Yes it is. If you don’t keep a DJ, it generally means that:

1. you’re not very interested in your dreams.
  2. you lack motivation cause you don’t make the first effort which is required.

Oh I’m interested in them (and motivated), I’m just not very interested in writing about them.

I started a DJ none the less, but I’m not sure if it’s helping, though. My DR was at least one (sometimes two) per night before starting a DJ and keeping a DJ hasn’t made it increase or help me remember better. Yet (it’s only been a couple of days).
Perhaps I should keep an electronic or online DJ because that is much more my thing.

Since I started to try and recall my dreams, I have recalled at least one every night. :smile:

It’s all about focusing first thing you do when you wake up. :happy:

Okay, I bought a journal, and I’ve actually been able to remember dreams more often! There are days that I don’t remember anything, and there are days that I remember up to six dreams. It’s pretty cool.
I keep missing all the reality checks though. Last night was so obvious, but I never noticed. I had to infiltrate some building to get something, and some people quickly built a wall to stop me, but I just kept running towards the wall, and I said “Heh, who said I can’t walk through walls?” and I ran right through the wall as if I was a ghost.
That one was so obvious, if only I was more aware! Funny how walking through walls seemed so natural :happy:

i hardly ever remember my dreams unless they are extremely vivid

but i do remember fellings i had felt like sorrow and happiness

i think thats a step closer to remembering my dreams or at least get some snapshots of them

usually when im asleep in cars this happens but not in my bed

other than the ones mentioned on the site

i finally remembered something well idk if it was a real something but i woke up with the ghostbuster theme song stuck in my head

its been forever since my last remembered dream

like i guess in june

i remember dreams alot better in the car than anywhere else

moved your topic into the BIG remembering dreams topic, you are bound to find some tips in here :wink:

Hi secretsquirrel,

Even if you just remember a feeling, write it down in you DJ. Your dream recall will enhance little by little.
You’ll find very good tips about dream recall in this post and in this one.

Topic merged into the “BIG Remembering dreams” topic

Hi!
I’m new and I begun my quest for LD about a week ago but I have a major problem: my dream recall is terrible, really terrible.

I keep a dream journal but I can only (if I am lucky) recall about one dream per week and that dream is usually hazy and I can only recall small fragments of it. I try to focus on remembering my dream and tells (speaks) my subconscious self of my intention to do so. So far it hasn’t helped, I can’t remember my dreams at all.

Any suggestions?

Keep trying and recording your dreams. Do you try to recall them right as our waking up?

I hate it when people always come up with the recording. There must be something else!?

thnx fir the help

I think you’ll find you have more vivid dreams during afternoon naps and the like. If you get the chance, sleep-in. I often have my most vivid dreams when I’m sleeping-in and drifting in and out of sleep.

But really, you just have to keep at it. If you’re getting frustrated, take a break.

Oh, and keep recoding your dreams :razz:

Thanks, I’ll keep trying and continue to record them. And yes, I try to recall my dreams right after waking up. I have a dream journal next to my bed so that I will be able to record any dreams I might remember before losing them completely. Most of the time, trough, it is completely blank and i just wake up with no memory of any dream at all.

Due to some obscure twist of fate I find it really hard to sleep in the afternoon (except when I’m really tired) but I could be worth a try.

I pretty sure it’s because when you sleep in uncomfortable/unfamiliar surroundings you don’t sleep as easy, i.e. you’re more aware.

i have the same problem but ill be lucky if i can recall 1 dream every month

unless i take a car trip then i can recall every little detail

maybe has something to do with the motion of the car

I’m mostly able to recall at least 3 dreams a night but sometimes it’s more and sometimes it’s less, but I’m satisfied :content: In the beginning I didn’t remember any dreams, but if you keep practicing,…

you’ll see :content:

Don’t think so. :content: If you practice a bit of autosuggestion and read the tips I gave you the links towards on the top of this page, you’ll quickly make big progress.