Movie thread Part III

Omg, i want to see that so freaking bad!!

What’s it going to be about?

summary: Bob Arctor is a dealer of the lethally addictive drug Substance D. Fred is the police agent assigned to tail and eventually bust him. To do so, he has taken on the identity of a drug dealer named Bob Arctor. And since Substance D-which Arctor takes in enormous doses-gradually splits the user’s brain into two distinct, combative entities, Fred doesn’t realize he’s actually just narcing on himself.

Its more or less the animation and art that will be the most impressive :content:

It sounds like a neat story. I’d love to go see it :smile:

Pirates if the Caribbean is out today! :hyper:

going to see it at 9:30 :content:

Wow, I just watched vanilla sky for the first time tonight. I definitely was not expecting them to bring up LD-ing, let alone bring it up by name and talk about/demonstrate it. If you’re a LDer you will probably really like this movie. :ok:

There is also a topic devoted to vanilla sky in lucidity centrestage click here :yay:

heres a list of movies i like, i guess:

Fight Club (of course), Requiem for a Dream, Donnie Darco(possibly spelled wrong), the entire LOTR Trilogy-extended version of course-(all 54938573948 hours or it), and theres other ones, im only naming a few. Also Syriana was pretty good.

Donnie Darko, actually.

Donnie Darko is one of my favourite movies. IT’S PERFECT.

I watched the Forestless or whatever you call it in English. It’s an animation about animals trying to get food.

pasQuale needs to watch it, she’ll have a real laugh at the cookies. :cookies: I bet the cookies in the movie were Q’s ebil cookies :razz:

Great movie apart of the Philip K. Dlck collection. I have to see it again just because I’m a little lost at one part. It’s funny how this movie has been discussed for some time in the old movie thread and its finally here. Short and sweet, the graphics were great and just to see the characters lost in paranoia was entertainment itself. I thought it was a good idea that ended short, but I cant ask for more. This movie took sometime itself, so in all efforts I think I will spend another 8$ just to get another point of view.

Just to rush up on facts, the director Richard Linklater made movies as Dazed and Confused and Waking Life. Story based on Philip K. Dlck experiences, and other films influenced by Philip are Blade Runner, Total Recall, and Minority Report. So to me, this is a team of greatness and it was. The hard part is, it’s an Independent Film and it’s hard to find a theater that plays this movie. So good luck, let me know what you think if any interest sparks. :wink:

link comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4614 … deleted link post by Hubbs :moogle:

Thats a pity can’t have its own subject based on the movie and lost my movie thread :sad:

I figure it would be relevant considering the movie was just released, and most fans that would tend to like it would are Waking life fans, but hey your the Mods. It just made me think when Vanilla Sky had its own topic :eh:

I just watched Benchwarmers! Really funny! i recommend it if, you want to watch something funny and interesting at the same time

…i just saw “Lady in the Water” and i was kinda surprised.

It really isnt anything like M. Night’s previous movies. I dont want to ruin it for anybody, but i dunno, i didnt like it to much. I was expecting something alot different.

But on the other hand, because i thought the story was interesting, i bet that movie would make an incredible book!!!

Yah, it looks funny, every time I see the commercial I laugh my ass off. Is it worth owning?

I been to the theaters lately, I forgot to mention Superman and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Superman was cool, long and slow. It had really cool scenes, very vivid and dramatic like always. It’s was better than X-men 3, and the villain was just smart and original. Good movie.

Pirates!, It was great, awesome, exciting! It was cool, i thought it was just as equal as the old one and a couple notches better. Just because it was much more quicker and it was much more longer. Most didn’t like the end, but I did. That’s all I’m gonna say, don’t want to spoil anything. Just my opinion :content:

I want to see Clerks2, some said it wasn’t good, was it? Either way I’m going, adios

Hey, anyone seen Jacob’s Ladder?

No I heard of it, could you give an idea of what’s its about??

I’d like to take this random moment to say that Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Donnie Darko, Waking Life and Jazzclub - Der Frühe Vogel Fängt Den Wurm are my favorite movies.

Have you seen The Scanner Darkly yet?? It’s worth it :grin: