Music to listen to

Ray Lynch - The Oh of Pleasure. Be prepared to have a dream that has something to do with space!

Does Pink Floyd work?

If I listened to music while sleeping it would probably be…Moby, Cocteau Twins, Depeche Mode, or some light ambient or new age… Steve Roach has some pretty funky new age! :smile: I really like classical and drumbeats too.

I keep going to Lucid Quest and trying to download some tracks (which I can’t do even WITH a membership)…could someone HELP ME?! I can’t download any “free” mp3’s. I think the site was making it all up. If anyone could give me a step by step way of doing this, that’d be great. I think my internet is messed up. :grrr: :bored: :help:

LDGirl

Sometimes listening to movie music tracks can do some with Ludicity. I mean, I like the Donnie Darko soundtrack.

You could try listening to David Gray, Counting Crows, Placebo, U2, Remy Zero, Iron And Wine, Grateful Dead, The Verve, etc. Give those a try.

If you like that trance stuff, Enya’s also good. I’m not a big fan though. I do like the LucidQuest music though.

There is a site, (you could try to Google it), where you can make you own ambient/trance/electronica songs for free. I can’t remember the program name. I use to have it on my old computer. If I remember or anyone else finds it, I’ll come back to that.

Hey peoples! That Lucid Induction track worked! I listened to it 5 times in a row (it’s like 12 min.), turned it off and went lucid! :cool_laugh: It was a DILD, but it was dang vivid still. I’m hoping I won’t have to listen to it 5 times everytime to get lucid. I’m gonna experiment a little with that. When I listened to it, I got to the point of being numb, and I think it needed to be turned down a notch, but I didn’t want to move! LOL! So I moved and THEN turned it off. I still got lucid though…but then woke up. :grrr: BTW, does anyone know where I could get the 24 min. one I keep reading about? I got the one called “Alpha”…is the “Beta” the 24 min. one? Thanks!

LDGirl

I have problems sleeping with the warm weather here at the moment but when I play bob marley I sleep good. I had been wondering whether it would have an positive or negative effect.

Mazzy star “Amoung my swan” This has a great winter atmosphere, allso Hope sandovals “Bavarian fruit bread” If you have never heard of them please check them out.

I allso love the Pure moods C.D.s

Listened through Tool’s Lateralus yesterday and it just kept me from falling asleep.

I love this C.D., but i cant find it in stores anywhere, I use to have it, but then I lost it. Listen to the sampales I think youll like it.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 … c&v=glance

Thom Yorke’s new album, The Eraser, is excellent for this type of thing. If you enjoyed Kid A, you’ll find it pretty solid. Its similar in styles.

Ambient Selections Volume II

Okay, this is going off on a big tangent, but the wiipedia article linked to [by zombie] above says:

… I hadn’t heard of “synaesthesia”, so I followed the wikipedia link to that, which says:

I just thought that was really interesting! I’ve sometimes read people mention seeing sounds or hearing colours in dreams, it’s interesting that this sort of thing can happen (for some people) in waking life too… :eek:

Nobuo Uematsu’s music helps perhaps…

maybe the band lucid would help… :wink:

edit: remy zero were fantastic and are possibly (hopefully) soon to be getting back together.

I’ve been listening to the band Pagan’s Mind a bunch lately and it’s good stuff. It’s Progressive Metal but the keyboards in it are mostly pad-oriented with an almost creamy sound to them. The subject matter meshes very well with LDing. They even have a song called “Dreamscape Lucidity”.

There’s a few songs available for free download on their site and you can find their albums on amazon for not too much.

www.pagansmind.com

Later,
Dave

I guess Tool would work best for me. Especially stuff like Parabol or Schism, The Patient or Reflection…

Oh and We enter by Aphrodite

The album Lateralus by Tool used to make me fall asleep over the day, but when I tried it for a WILD I stayed awake throughout the whole album.

I didn’t have many acoustic/relaxing CDs avaliable to me (unless you call In Flames, Iron Maiden and Lordi relaxing), so I used the Foo Fighters - In Your Honour disc 2 (the acoustic one)

It worked extrememly well. I was gone before the CD ended. While I didn’t go lucid, I felt numb, sometimes felt like I was falling, and had AMAZING dream recall that night. Oddly enough, it was a dream mainly about flying!

I higly recommed that album, though it may not work for you.

Steve Roach. Very nice ambient dreamy themes.