Astral Projection

Can people please share with my what they think is the best technique for Astral Projection. I’ve been trying for ages with no success at all.

I used to be able to be something like it (when I was 10 ahahahah) but it probably isn’t what astral projection is accepted as today

Basically I would just go into a trance (when you’re young it is really easy to do this) and imagine i was somewere else. The bad thing is it is interrupted if someone goes up to you and asks you if you’re alright.

EDIT: It helps to close your eyes and imagine your soul flowing out of you.

I’m not able to AP myself, but simply because I’m not determined to learn it.
I’m already filled up with stuff to test and learn, and I think that it’s okay to learn AP when I get older and get a job where I don’t have to worry about sleeping late (I prefer using rythm-napping + rope-tech I am to try it out).
But I simply won’t even try now.

Not that I can’t help though. Here are some truly great links:
Astral Projection Technique by Robert Bruce
Astral Projection explained + common beginner faults
A Course!
A Beginners Guide

This topic is exactly what I needed! :cool_laugh: I’ve recently become very interested in AP. :astral:

So far, I haven’t had any success, but then again, I haven’t even been working at it for a week. Hopefully it won’t be too long, but I can’t be sure of anything. :meh: I suppose my best bet is to take a look at all of those links. :content:

Thanks for the links Lucid_Viking. Regirock, I am very intrigued your technique, please tell me more. What used to happen? What did it feel like?

I’ve had 10 or 12 OBEs in the past 3 years. I recommend using lucid dreams as a spring board as Don Degracia explains how to do in his free downloadable book ‘Do_Obe’.

Basically, once you find yourself dreaming, shift your awareness back to your physical body and quickly shove yourself foreward. You’ll come flying right out into your bedroom.

This technique works really well, because while you’re dreaming your physical body is already in the state it needs to be to AP. You just have to shift your awareness back to it.

I’ve had only 5 OBEs through sleep in mylife.

I have had a few APs however, the exeriences are very different for the OBEs you have through LDing. I also find I have more control over AP than OBE and for me OBE is either usually accidental, or completely dependant on being Lucid.

There’s certainly an advantage if you can do AP since you start in a conscious and awake state.

I personally have my hands very full learning lucid dreaming, and being that I’m about to go to college in less than a month i’ll probably have even less time to devote to learning new things (practical RL knowledge comes first I’m afraid, at least until I get my real job).

However I am curious about this topic as well. What in seven heavens is astral projection?? I keep hearing it over and over again, but all i know about it is that it has something to do with out of body experiences. Can it be done with LDing, or is those two things too seperate to be compatible? And I repeat the question, what precisely is it?

I would suggest you buy and read the book “The Art and Practice of Astral Projection” by Ophiel, it should be in your local occult or alternative bookstore and if not its easy to get on Amazon.com.

hello,

just stumbled upon a very nice site, and a very interesting read aswell!

link: v-j-enterprises.com/rbastral.html

That was VERY helpful! thank you so much for this great site

no problem, ive read lots of things from robert bruce… he sure knows his stuff :slight_smile:

I’ve got one of his books but i havn’t actually had time to read it yet. And its like 600 pages…

personally i think any form of telekenisis, astral projection, spirit expulsion, or anything of that sort is bs

please tell me the science, im just OH SO FASCINATED in the ways of hypnagogic adventures of no reality

Now hang on a second, I’m very skeptical when it comes to this stuff too, but how do you think we are going to learn whether things like this are true or not? Which is going to produce results, ridiculing the things we don’t believe in or co-operating with others to learn about those things together?

hey, no ones forcing you to belive anything, if you dont want to you dont have to

Some of Bruce’s techniques are quite nice, even if you don’t agree with his theories (these ones in particular). You could just approach AP as a form of WILD, if that’s easier to swallow. And remember, some people still think lucid dreaming is BS…

I have a bunch of questions for whomever has had experience with astral projection: Do you have to accept a different religion to make use of your chakras? And, which religion is associated with the chakra system? Do you have to make use of chakras to astrally project? How reliable is the visual information you get when projecting (Can you use it in the physical plane)?

Anyway, thanks for the link. It’s an interesting read.

1. No. Chakras have appeared in most modern religions at some point, the name changes but their position and use does not. All the big religions have Chakra like “things” and texts on how to use them within the context of that religion. You may have to do a bit of research to find them but its there.

2. “Chakras” as the word is, is associated mostly with Hinduism, Buddism and to some extent Paganism (both Neo and Classical) though the system as I said before exists in most religions in some form.

3. No sure, the trance state you enter is “all in your mind” and the visual information can be completely made up. However it could be true. Its as reliable as visuals in a dream.

No, you do not need to accept a different religion to make use of your chakras nor is any specific religion associated with chakras.

Personally, Chakra’s DO help when it comes to AP but you dont have to use them.Robert Bruce suggests that you should use them , but i project fine without the use of them. The visual info with projecting depends on your level of conciousness.If its low, you would see mostly blurry things but if it was high and you would see things VERY clearly

well hope that helped, g’luck!