The FA topic - Part II

rad is right.

[color=indigo]ah, the internet, honolulu to france\do you care to elaborate on that comment, a bit, basilus?\by the way, i envy you, i have a picture of you in my mind, sitting there in france, drinking wine[/color]

Upon reading something about FA’s yesterday I suddenly re-remembered maybe the strangest sleeping/dreaming thing that ever happened to me. I think this happened within 2 or 3 years back from now.

I suddenly woke up from my sleep, and I was surprised to see what had happened while I was asleep. Some group of hamsters made a theme park right in front of my house. It had a big house (a big house for hamsters that is) with an open roof right in front of my home with a rollercoaster coming out of it which went partially through my room. They just took out a window for that :content: . And I was just watching these hamsters come by in their rollercoaster cars, some of them even flew in toy-airplanes and I was just lying there like… IS THIS REAL?? But the hamster were all smiling friendly at me and some even waving I thought lets check out what’s on te street. That’s when I noticed the big house. I remember seeïng some pictures floating around in the house, like dream scenes I jumped down and made a real long dive into one of them and if I remember correctly I started dreaming… The next morning I woke up still not sure about whether it was real or not.

Thats about all I remember. Yesterday I just realized it had to be an FA.

EDIT: Sorry plz move this to the big FA topic, don’t know how i could have missed that… :confused:
moved

Hi lain,

When you read this thread, you’ll see that during a false awakening, people generally:

• Write their dream journal (the most common),
  • Walk to the kitchen and eat or have a glass of water,
  • Reply to a phone call,
  • Go to the toilet,
  • Are late for work or school.

There are no corpse, no various horrors and no panic. It’s the same when you read the BIG “My first LD” topic: people realize for the first time that they are dreaming, they are happy and try to fly. Thus it sounds like you greatly overestimate the role of fear. LD’ing is not an horror movie… and by the way horror movies have never been considered as an accurate description of what happens in life!

As nightmares are part of dreams, of course they may happen, but LD’ers face them no more often than normal dreamers. Moreover LD’ers generally learn very quickly to change them into pleasant dreams. Hence I’ve just the feeling that you try and frighten yourself by telling these stories. rad gave you a precise answer which summarizes not only his own experience but the experience of LD’ers on the forum. So you don’t have to hope he’s right: he’s right.

[color=indigo]ok, all i know is, that a few years ago, i had a dream, of being chased by something so horrible, i never even turned back, to see what it is (was)\it kept getting closer, & closer, & when it was about to catch me, i woke up, shaking all over, & i kept shaking, for about a half hour\for me, nightmares are an issue\it may not even relate to lucid dreaming directly, it could just be a personal psychological problem[/color]

I think any problems or fears you have involving your dreams/ the dream world could be solved or overcome through lucid dreaming. You can create some amazing dreams while lucid. They can be very beautiful (just read some of the members’ dream journals), and as exciting, or calm, as you like. I’m sure that once you have some nice experiences in your dreams, you will begin to feel better and have a totally different view towards them.

Also, like Rad and Basilus said, FA’s aren’t a big problem to most people. What you described sounds like a regular nightmare to me.

I must say that a couple of years ago I had 3 FA’s where-in the same kid, about 3 years younger than me at that time, tried to choke me on my bed 2 times and I couldn’t move nor scream, and one time I saw him entering through my door.

I had more types of FA’s, and the only one I can remember as pleasant is the one I posted.

It sounds like you had some sleep paralysis experience or something related.

I love it when I have SP and think I can now move and I really do move, but my body doesn’t. I think I go a bit further but my real body doesn’t. Good basis for a LD I think. :content:

Snow’s experience does sound like SP.

Do teachers call students nerds in America these Days?

I have had one similar experience where I was able to move when the kid entered my room so I jumped up and hit him and then woke up but…

…is it normal to hallucinate during SP?

(Scary) hallucinations during SP are called the “Old Hag Syndrome” and I think it’s very common for SP.

[color=darkblue]i used to read great classical books on the subject of astral projection\one of them was astral projection by oliver fox, another was the projection of the astral body by muldoon & carrington (both titles just came into my memory)\especially in the case of the oliver fox book, these books were among the first to ever be published on the subject, & they made a big point of the supposed dangers of astral projection, such as premature burial, having difficulty when trying to reenter the body, & indeed, horrifying experiences of awakening in the physical body, but being unable to move at all, & being approached by beings from another world, while one was in this helpless condition\this is the way the public used to think of astral projection, in the 1920s, & 1930s, while spiritualism was in its heyday, & harry houdini was just making a name for himself\today we understand that a nightmare is just a nightmare, & is caused by the dreamer\it can also be avoided by the dreamer, it is just a matter of self suggestion (even hypnosis was new, then)\its interesting how thoughts, experienced a long time ago, sometimes take hold of the mind, & cause ways of thinking & acting, even when you no longer realise they are there[/color]

Hey guys, I had two FAs today! :content: I can’t remember the second one, but in the first one I was driving with a bus straight down abyss and then I false-woke up and walked a little in my room and thought “I’m gonna record this dream in my DJ” and then I really woke up. I love FAs.

-shiver-
Now I’m kind of scared of dreaming of some like that.
Especially if I can’t move when some strange beings going after me . . .

Anyways for a FA, is it that realistic? Indistinguishable from actually waking up for real. Also is it in a 3rd person view (your viewing yourself from another angle, usually from behind or from a side angle), or a 1st person view (In the eyes of view).

Is this an FA?

One morning I woke up (in the dream). I went to the bathroom and had a look at myself in the mirror. I had the most enormous and disgusting cut on my forhead. I put a plaster on it and saw a girl called Elle.

That’s all I remember.

Yes, it’s generally realistic. It’s in the first person view, or else it’s wouldn’t be realistic.

Caz, I think it was a FA. From the moment you believe in a dream that you just woke up, it’s a FA IMO.

Woke up 6am this morning, pray, and did WBTB + WILD. When doing WILD, I got SP for a few second and then I suddenly wake up, and I’m very scare of that SP so I get out, jumps from my bed seeing the floor with a TV remote lay in there, then running to my living room, and saw my father sitting there reading a newspaper. I sat on the carpet and suddenly I really woke up in my bed. Wow that FA is just like reality…

That’s why I wasn’t sure whether mine was an FA. In the dream I felt like I woke up but it was different than normal…you know? Like, I couldn’t feel the floor when I walked and the house was different and everything but I didn’t notice it in the dream. At the time, I believed I woke up.