Indigo Children

I seem to matcha lot of it. :content: It’s an interesting idea, although I’m still not sure quite what to make of it. Haven’t shown big signs of any crazy metaphysical power, though. :neutral:

There is a good chance Im an indigo acording to the poll I just took, but I have allways had that feeling. I think its why I feel so isolated.

I think there may be alot of indigo children on this forum.

I matched a lot of the questions, and it adds upp with a story from when I was two. My parents tell me that back then I was inexplicably right about small, trivial things (ex. whether or not we were going somewhere that day, what was for dinner), and when they asked how I knew I would reply “My bones told me.”

And btw, the 4th dimension is time, so we wouldn’t really be going anywhere come 2012.

This test sounds like complete bullshit to me… Alot of the stuff in this test applies just fine to alot of normal kids.

But then again i think everything about 2012 and supernatural stuff like esp, clairvoyance and so on is bullshit too.
As it has never even been proven that such abilities can even exist. All open and non biased experiments on this subject has turned up negative.

I’ve heard of the theory before, but it has, IMO, two mayor drawbacks:

1. there’s no hard backup, or any back up, come to that. AFAIK the origin could be that somebody thought “sometimes kids are so fascinating, maybe they are really messengers from the future or the fourth dimension or a myffical other world” and wrote it all down.

2. A lot of the symptoms can be explained by a number of things, including parents who don’t have the time/energy/knowledge/inclination to teach their kids that even if something isn’t as fascinating as their favorite tv cartoon, they shouldn’t give it up after 20 seconds.

e.g. 11. Does your child get bored rather easily with assigned tasks?
That covers a large percentage of all high school students.

The problem with that: if you have a kid who won’t concentrate, doesn’t do anything that is less fun than his X-box, and is generally rude and mean, you could of course invest a lot of time and energy to try and improve it’s manners, reward considerate and unselfish behavior, talk to your child, and so on.

Or you can simply interpret this behavior as a “yes” on questions 1-6, 9, 11, 12, … ignore the bit about strong empathy, and then tell everybody who ever complains about your child that there’s this test which showed that your little angel is actually an indigo-child, and that’s normal behaviour for so superior a creature.

Parents will do that. Happily.

Similar for feeling isolated, misunderstood, etc. That could, in theory, be a sign supernaturally skilled. It could also be a sign for being slightly different from those around you, or a bit more or less intelligent, or a teenager. Of course, the indigo-theory is a lot more satisfying.

Lol, i am sorry but i cant help but laugh. This is the biggest load of bull shit i have ever seen. Even if something is going to happen on december 21 2012, it will have nothing to do with Indigo children.

:rofl: :rofl:

Who made this up, Eric Julien? :tongue:

if you are indigo, you know deep inside you are indigo.

the term indigo has been coined due to the fact that indigos have a lot of the color indigo in the aura. Indigo’s have been around for centuries, only now they are suddenly ‘special’. A lot of indigo’s have been born in the last few decades.

Apart from indigo’s there are also the so called ‘crystals’ and ‘rainbow’ children. These are just labels though.

most indigo’s have anger issues, as they have the warrior spirit. crystals are more easy going. rainbows are extremely sensitive, and are said to incarnate for the first time on the earth plane.

Yeah I’ve heard of it before and I think its a load of crap too. Someone probably made it up to sell books and people like it because it makes them think theyre special.

Most of those characteristics apply to lots of people and I doubt theres anything supernatural about them. “Is waiting in lines torture for your child?” -who likes waiting in lines!?

:rofl:

Exactly, most of the questions are like that too…

Hey that’s not fair:

1. Is waiting in lines torture for your child?

I waited in line at the post office today for 20 minutes, English people love queues (apparently) so that rules all of us out… :grrr:

:tongue:

You mean, Im not special… darn, I thought I was importent. Oh well back to drawing board. Maybie Im an ET, who suffers from memory loss.

Where did you hear this? Afaik there is absolutely no scientific evidence that there even is a aura at all.

I’ve taken a test and I’m almost all crystal, and even if there’s also indigo according to it, I totally lack nonconformism and the like.

What did the test involve?

Here

Hmm… I probably have 7 or 8 of the characteristics listed there… Am I an indigo child? :eh:

aren’t your eyes good enough evidence?

an objective aura that many different people can look at the same person, in the same exact time, like they say 3-2-1-begin looking, and none of the lookers can communicate with each other, and they all see the same color though.

that would be good.

maybe aura is just like our dreamworld interacting with the real world, and what the colors mean are subjective to our own eyes.

also there is SOME evidence for telepathy, paranormal powers, etc
m0134.fmg.uva.nl/publications/20 … pic_GF.pdf

here’s a recent development.

i myself have experienced enough to make me a skeptical believer.

i don’t like this lazy checkoff list approach to such things though. if there are children running around with open third eyes, that would be a good criteria. random personality traits not so much.

I’m sorry, but I would put to much weight to those questions in the first post. It seems to me that many children are like that…I certainly was, and yet, not everyone can be an indigo child, right?

I had a friend who claimed to be an indigo child, of course his actions told a different story…not exactly someone you’d call ‘enlightened’ :tongue: , which kind of let me to believe there isn’t much to the idea of indigo children.

Yes, if this description in the first post was true, I’m without a doubt an indigo children. There has always been lots of stories about strange children, like the movie “Children of the Damned” in 1964 (he! he! it’s the year I was born :gni: :twisted: ) and the century earlier, it was said that fairies were stealing and swapping babies, and when a children was curiously behaving, he was considered as a fairy baby.

IMO it’s just because parents would like that children look like them or do exactly what they want like puppets. As of course it never occurs, the difference between what was expected and what happens IRL creates those urban legends about strange alien children who are here to save (or destroy) the world.