the BIG remembering dreams topic part IV

I pretty sure it’s because when you sleep in uncomfortable/unfamiliar surroundings you don’t sleep as easy, i.e. you’re more aware.

i have the same problem but ill be lucky if i can recall 1 dream every month

unless i take a car trip then i can recall every little detail

maybe has something to do with the motion of the car

I’m mostly able to recall at least 3 dreams a night but sometimes it’s more and sometimes it’s less, but I’m satisfied :content: In the beginning I didn’t remember any dreams, but if you keep practicing,…

you’ll see :content:

Don’t think so. :content: If you practice a bit of autosuggestion and read the tips I gave you the links towards on the top of this page, you’ll quickly make big progress.

yur right about that im at my dads for the first night and i remebered one dream. it was a short one and got cut of by fright of my face getting shaved off. :happy:

This has got to be the only forum where someone could put a smilly after a statement like that. Where else could someone be happy about almost getting their face shaved off? :grin:
don

This would be the only forum where people…uhh…I dunno…maybe…ahh nuts I don’t know how to say it. Oh well.

reads website

uhh…how do I visualise remembering something I haven’t had yet? :eh:

:slight_smile:

I suppose you’re talking about the MILD induction technique? If so, you should post it there and not in the BIG remembering dream topic. :tongue:
It’s a terrible question though. :eh:

heehee sorry…my mind works in funny ways. And i phrased it wrongly…as in…uhh…how do you visualise remembering a dream you haven’t had yet the night before you have the dream?

I suppose this would make more sense…I hope…If it doesn’t…nevermind. =P I kind of have an idea of how to get myself to remember dreams…

I’m still unsure I’ve understood. :sad: If you speak about autosuggestion in order to remember dreams, it’s not with visualization, it’s by repeating a sentence like “tomorrow morning, I’ll remember my dreams” when you go to bed.

For the past few months I haven’t really remembered any of my dreams. I thought it to be a bit odd, but had passed it off as nothing

Then suddenly, after signing back up here and deciding that I might start trying to LD again, I wound up remembering 3 dreams vividly after I woke up yesterday morning. I didn’t write them down or anything and now I can only remember small fragments about them.

I also just woke up from a 2 hour sleep, and actually wrote down a long paragraph about another dream I just had.

I’ve noticed that my memory of a dream will decline the longer I go with out thinking about it.

I guess I only really remember my dreams if I have the intention to so. :\

I suppose that’s the whole thing…<_< you need to make yourself remember to remember your dreams.

Oh and thanks for confirming for me~ huggies

Weird weird dream last night…i always have weird dreams. Think its got something to do with my imagination =P

:slight_smile:

i wasnt smiling about my face getting shaved off i was smiling about it being correct

at my dads i remember my dreams but at my moms i dont. my dad and stepmom practice feng shui there but my mom doesnt.

Is this why i remember them there? :shrug:

Feng Shui, like many Asian customs, are believed to work, but nobody really GETS it until they try it. I believe that if you sleep in conditions as best as they can be concerning temperature, position, and fatigue, you have the greatest odds of a great dream recall the next morning. Is your dad’s house more organized, or cooler in the summer (warmer if you live in Australia) than your mom’s? There’s a bunch of factors that just require toying with until you find the best solution for dream recall.

I’ve been able to remember dreams for 8 days now, some I remember incredibly detailed, others are somewhat vague, but it’s still quite an improvement to me :happy:

But the last three days I woke up not remembering anything. Absolutely nothing, which makes me think “Aww, I wanted to remember my dreams” and I go back to sleep. When I wake up the second time, I remember dreams and sometimes they are incredibly detailed.

How does that work? I mean, is it because I’m somewhat more aware if I wake up and go to sleep again?

That’s great! Congrats on your DR improvement! :happy:

Did you wake up naturally when you didn’t remember anything?

I’ve been keeping a DJ for about a week now, and ever since I tried remember my dreams it’s been working really well! I can remember like 2 or 3 dreams a night now, considering I started off thinking that I never dream.

Most of them are pretty normal with just little quarks, like one time I was eating discs (like completely solid, inch thick discs) of pineapple with an ex-coworker. Then one time a dream just took on the ultimate perversion ever… that was a fun dream.

topic merged

I find that whenever I go to sleep setting the intention to remember my dreams (i.e. auto-suggestion), I’ll wake and be completely unable to remember my dreams…

I’ve genuinly believed it would work, so doubt wasn’t the problem (although it is now).

I can usually remember one or more dreams per night… except when I do this.

Is there some reason auto-suggestion is doing the exact opposite of what it’s supposed to?
Does my subconscious hate me or something?

Topic merged into the BIG Remembering Dreams topic

If I stopped remembering my dreams, and for about a week I start remembering at least 1 dream a night, will I still have to tell myself I will remember my dreams?

If you can remember your dreams without having to tell yourself, thats great! Its probably implanted into your subconcious to remember them.

If I were you, I would still tell myself (its not like it a hassle) just to make sure. Perhaps you can remember more tha one dream by telling yourself.

Its really up to you though, whatever works best :smile: