Forming a Relationship with your Subconscious

I’ve just read an article about “deprogramming” brain here.
It may be interesting especially the point about hypnosis, cause autosuggestion (autohypnosis) works in the same way. Now, it’s unclear to me if it’s deprogramming/reprogramming or adding a new and faster program.

Wow Ben! Really informative and useful! Now i know what i have been doing wrong! although i still have one question!

How often should i say “I will recognise that i am dreaming at 5.am tonight” ?

Once in the day or more than once? Before i sleep or any time?

I think this should be in the Library. :cool:

Yes, this is a really useful topic! I might try this out sometime soon. :smile:

Definently a method worth trying tonight! :ok:

According to this, I’ve been doing Autosuggestion wrong every single night XD I always say “want,” “have a lucid dream,” and give the exact time I want this to happen. Looks like I have a bit of restrategizing to do. :wink:

Thanks for the topic! It’ll help a lot of people, for sure!

That is definately worth the lucid library!

Thank you very much for this information ben, I think it was the most useful thing I’ve read about LDing yet. :grin:

Thankyou everybody for the positive feedback! :grin:

/me blushes

Heh…your statement isn’t the strongest to begin with. Depending on how you look at it, your SC may think of it as a bad statement because you say tonight AND 5:00 AM, which 5:00 AM is not at night, it is morning. But, if you see 5:00 AM as nighttime, it will work for you!

As for how often you should say that… Say it as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like. It really just takes some trial and error to see what works out and what doesn’t. I personally like to say my statement right before bed, so that the command is fresh in my mind. I also like to just repeat it until I feel good about it being registered.

This way of “programming” your mind is very open and very closed at the same time. You do have your boundaries, but other than those, you can do things however you’d like. You may find your way the first night, or you may take a month to finally find the way to send a command. Just takes motivation and patience :smile:

Don, I really never researched about re-programming my mind, because I think of commands as a one time thing. It’s probably different for everybody, but for me, once my SC accomplishes something that I have told it to do, it just basically puts that already executed command in the recycle bin. But it does bring up a good point for many people, and does show exactly why you may not have a LD. Those “programs” could also be called doubts, and the de-programming process would be the way to get rid of them. Very interesting stuff…thankyou for the link :cool:

I want to add that I’ve read numerous times that it’s best to make suggestions when your mind is in an alpha state, which occurs when you’re in a relaxed or thoughtful state of mind. Your brainwaves gradually become slower, eventually turning into alpha brainwaves. We enter this state when we daydream, as we fall asleep, and during meditation. In fact, some people call it the “meditative state.” It’s in the alpha state that you can establish a closer connection with your subconscious, and your subconscious will in turn become more suggestible.

When BenDrummin says, “DON’T try to fall asleep while saying this statement,” I don’t know if he means you should never perform autosuggestion while you’re in bed falling asleep, but in case anyone is wondering, I want to clarify that the few minutes prior to sleep onset is actually an opportune time for autosuggestion or self-hypnosis. Of course, if you’re afraid of falling asleep prematurely, you can also just take a moment before going to bed and try to enter this state through meditation or something similar. It’s up to you.

Oh yeah, and good information, Ben. :content:

When I said “DON’T try to fall asleep saying this statement”, I did infact mean don’t keep saying the statement over and over and over until you fall asleep (like you would with MILD). Tride is right about doing it right before sleep though. In fact that is exactly when I do it.

Also thanks for the tips on the alpha state :smile:

I’ve been using the statement “The next time I have a dream, I will realize that I’m dreaming.” with WBTB for about two months now. It works great. Anyways, good post Benny boy :smile:

good thing this was the last thing i read before bed. definately giving it a shot!

Thank you!! points at #1 on the bad list thats the one I’ve been doing.

Hi,
Basilus West said
“Now, it’s unclear to me if it’s deprogramming/reprogramming or adding a new and faster program.”

Well yes it is. :grin:
Actualy, it depends on where you are. If you have a program that directly interferes with the program that you want to make, you may have to deprogram it, or reprogram it. The difference is more in your head, but I would say something like going from “If I LD I will try to fly, If I try to fly I might fall, If I fall I might die” to “If I LD I will try to fly, flying in an LD is lots of fun” is reprograming, and trying to get rid of “If I fall I might die” with something like “Dreams are a safe, fun pastime” is deprogramming. I think it is more semantics in this case.

For a lot of the other questions, it depends a lot on the person. It is always a program from you for your SC. what you and your SC understand is what is important. In the western world there are a lot of similaritys between people, so what works for one generaly works for others. This is an international forum however, so there will be differences between people from different cultures. There are also personal differences. For some people “I will have a lucid dream at 5AM” might work. For most people it will not because it is to vague for the SC. What I am trying to say here is “You need to get to know your SC”. You can get a lot of help here, but you need to take the with your SC to get to know how it deals with your “programs” and what other programs it already has that are blocking your “programs”. This is true for lots of things, not just LD’ing. If you don’t know your SC very well, you might have problems with autosuggestion or autohypnose.
don

Helpful! :slight_smile: Always had the willpower, but have to know where to direct it…Very very very very (x10^10) useful. =P

:slight_smile:

Sometimes even the best approach to your SC is to imagine it. Influence yourself like your programming yourself. If you tell yourself something over and over influencing yourself (like ego theories) you’ll find it has overcomed your conscious to your subconscious.

Easy way- imagine the layout of your mind in any way you want then picture what you want to be in the mind. Tell yourself over and over to program it. If something is blocking you from doing so, clear you conscious first.

Didn’t work for me. I suggested it right I think, but I couldn’t sleep. I fell asleep without knowing it some time then and that spoiled everything, had a terrible dream recall.

why is doing it WHILE falling asleep ineffective?

this is a direct access between you and the subconscious, where you can receive feedback back.

while it is true, that trying to speak logical sentence in this state my result with a garbled and confusing string of words, ideas, pictures, or sounds that may not have a direct inherent meaning, and you may develop amnesia as to what you were doing in the first place…

if you can maintain an intent and take it into theta like that, isn’t it more powerful than saying it 20 times in beta/alpha ?

like for instance imagine that the next sentence I type is my mantra. I am approaching sleep and will retain lucidity throughout the night when ever applicable.

I am approaching sleep and will retain lucidity throughout the night -----------drifts off and comes back awake-------when ever applicable.

I am approaching sle---------------------
drifts off----------------------------------
gradually comes back----------------------
I am… ? I am…
-------------------------drifts off even deeper ------------
comes back more alert this time
Oh yeah… I am going to be lucid…drifts off

doesn’t it seem like that imprints it more, even if it churns back gibberish? Isn’t it like placing your conscious into an entry point into the subconscious?

do you have experience playing around down there in the semi-amnesia of approaching sleep, when sleep carries more momentum than conscious volition, and takes you on a brief journey downards.

or maybe everything just gets deleted during delta if you can’t store it to long term memory? that could be.

holy reality…I myself have played around with saying commands while I fall asleep, and in my personal experience I found that my statements weren’t really taken seriously. They were probably at first…but later on when I started to doze off and I would alter the statement just because I was half asleep…that probably either made a new command, or just basically messed up the old command.

If what you were saying was true, then why wouldn’t MILD work 100% of the time?

Anyways…I’m not saying what you can and cannot do. By all means go for it…I just don’t think it will be as effective.

Robin, maybe you could explain a little more? lol your second sentence didn’t make much sense. Why could you not fall asleep? Too excited? And what statement did you use? Did you feel it was registered?

You may have to just play around with it… It could be the way you said it…it could be the time you set your command at…it could be anything. Just alter some things and see what works and what doesn’t.

does this work 100%? I’ve tried MILD more than this for sure. You may be right and I will give it a spin definitely.

this works 100% if you do it and believe correctly. But then again…so does everything else. lol. I dunno. Maybe you can do this while falling asleep. It’s just the times I have actually tried it, that was not the case. It obviously didn’t register or something. But, the night that I stopped doing that and repeated my statement before going to sleep…I got an LD. So I am fully convinced…

I would be interested in seeing how you guys go through it though… Everybody is different…so maybe you guys wouldn’t fail the way I did with the falling asleep part.