the BIG remembering dreams topic part IV

yur right about that im at my dads for the first night and i remebered one dream. it was a short one and got cut of by fright of my face getting shaved off. :happy:

This has got to be the only forum where someone could put a smilly after a statement like that. Where else could someone be happy about almost getting their face shaved off? :grin:
don

This would be the only forum where people…uhh…I dunno…maybe…ahh nuts I don’t know how to say it. Oh well.

reads website

uhh…how do I visualise remembering something I haven’t had yet? :eh:

:slight_smile:

I suppose you’re talking about the MILD induction technique? If so, you should post it there and not in the BIG remembering dream topic. :tongue:
It’s a terrible question though. :eh:

heehee sorry…my mind works in funny ways. And i phrased it wrongly…as in…uhh…how do you visualise remembering a dream you haven’t had yet the night before you have the dream?

I suppose this would make more sense…I hope…If it doesn’t…nevermind. =P I kind of have an idea of how to get myself to remember dreams…

I’m still unsure I’ve understood. :sad: If you speak about autosuggestion in order to remember dreams, it’s not with visualization, it’s by repeating a sentence like “tomorrow morning, I’ll remember my dreams” when you go to bed.

For the past few months I haven’t really remembered any of my dreams. I thought it to be a bit odd, but had passed it off as nothing

Then suddenly, after signing back up here and deciding that I might start trying to LD again, I wound up remembering 3 dreams vividly after I woke up yesterday morning. I didn’t write them down or anything and now I can only remember small fragments about them.

I also just woke up from a 2 hour sleep, and actually wrote down a long paragraph about another dream I just had.

I’ve noticed that my memory of a dream will decline the longer I go with out thinking about it.

I guess I only really remember my dreams if I have the intention to so. :\

I suppose that’s the whole thing…<_< you need to make yourself remember to remember your dreams.

Oh and thanks for confirming for me~ huggies

Weird weird dream last night…i always have weird dreams. Think its got something to do with my imagination =P

:slight_smile:

i wasnt smiling about my face getting shaved off i was smiling about it being correct

at my dads i remember my dreams but at my moms i dont. my dad and stepmom practice feng shui there but my mom doesnt.

Is this why i remember them there? :shrug:

Feng Shui, like many Asian customs, are believed to work, but nobody really GETS it until they try it. I believe that if you sleep in conditions as best as they can be concerning temperature, position, and fatigue, you have the greatest odds of a great dream recall the next morning. Is your dad’s house more organized, or cooler in the summer (warmer if you live in Australia) than your mom’s? There’s a bunch of factors that just require toying with until you find the best solution for dream recall.

I’ve been able to remember dreams for 8 days now, some I remember incredibly detailed, others are somewhat vague, but it’s still quite an improvement to me :happy:

But the last three days I woke up not remembering anything. Absolutely nothing, which makes me think “Aww, I wanted to remember my dreams” and I go back to sleep. When I wake up the second time, I remember dreams and sometimes they are incredibly detailed.

How does that work? I mean, is it because I’m somewhat more aware if I wake up and go to sleep again?

That’s great! Congrats on your DR improvement! :happy:

Did you wake up naturally when you didn’t remember anything?

I’ve been keeping a DJ for about a week now, and ever since I tried remember my dreams it’s been working really well! I can remember like 2 or 3 dreams a night now, considering I started off thinking that I never dream.

Most of them are pretty normal with just little quarks, like one time I was eating discs (like completely solid, inch thick discs) of pineapple with an ex-coworker. Then one time a dream just took on the ultimate perversion ever… that was a fun dream.

topic merged

I find that whenever I go to sleep setting the intention to remember my dreams (i.e. auto-suggestion), I’ll wake and be completely unable to remember my dreams…

I’ve genuinly believed it would work, so doubt wasn’t the problem (although it is now).

I can usually remember one or more dreams per night… except when I do this.

Is there some reason auto-suggestion is doing the exact opposite of what it’s supposed to?
Does my subconscious hate me or something?

Topic merged into the BIG Remembering Dreams topic

If I stopped remembering my dreams, and for about a week I start remembering at least 1 dream a night, will I still have to tell myself I will remember my dreams?

If you can remember your dreams without having to tell yourself, thats great! Its probably implanted into your subconcious to remember them.

If I were you, I would still tell myself (its not like it a hassle) just to make sure. Perhaps you can remember more tha one dream by telling yourself.

Its really up to you though, whatever works best :smile:

I’ve had a pretty bad dream recall for the past month, just remembering about half a dream once, and just fragments in other nights. I just kept thinking it was becuase of the stress.

But last night, as i was lying in bed, i told myself “You dream everynight, and you HAVE remembered dreams before, so you have NO reason not to remember any dreams tonight. You will go to sleep, you will dream, and you will remember the dream. In fact, you will wake up after the dream, and you will remember it”

I just said that once or twice, then went to sleep normally. About two hours later, i woke up naturally, but was so exhausted i just fell back asleep again; a few minutes later i woke up again, this time thinking “this is the second time you woke up, this could be a FA…check”, but i couldn’t be bothered, and fell back asleep. Again, i woke up for the third time, frustrated, thinking it was probably time to wake up, i rolled over to check my mobile for the time. The moment i rolled over, my dream just came crashing down on me; i sat up quick, and reached for my DJ. It was as if i was racing time and my memory :tongue: , just jotting down whatever details i could remember for later, ended up writing TWO pages of notes, and a couple of sketches. When i woke up for the day, i could remember two other dreams in detail, and jotted them down.

Considering my slow progress over the past few weeks, i felt proud of my sub-concsious, it was as if it were making sure i woke up and remembered it :content: . I’ve always had the intention to remember my dreams, but never do as i did last night. Was it what i had said that made all the difference? Or what?

Augh, late reply :razz:
Thanks ^^
I woke up naturally, yeah. Then just fell asleep again without any intention of dreaming, I just wanted to get some more sleep, and then I dreamed.

However, I haven’t been able to remember dreams for three days now. Yeah, just three days but it feels nasty to wake up without remembering the great adventures you had in your dreams.
I didn’t quite wake up naturally when I didn’t remember my dreams. It first started when I my mom’s friend came in my room and told me to wake up because it was 11:30am already. I couldn’t remember anything, I guess the waking thing did that.

If I can’t remember anything when I’m woken by someone/something, how will I be able to remember my dreams when I have to go to school again?

I think so. In some way, it’s your definite intention of remembering dreams which made the difference.

When you wake up naturally, you wake up just after a REM sleep phase, that’s why you remember dreams very well. When you wake up from REM sleep, you have a 80% chance remembering dreams. Thus when you have to wake up with an alarm, you must set your alarm on a multiple of 90 minutes (a sleep cycle lasts about 90 minutes) for instance, 6 hours, 7.5 hours, 9 hours after going to sleep, so that you wake up just after a REM sleep phase.

Hmm… I have a question about remembering dreams. It seems that now (of course it’s only been two days) that I’m telling myself to remember them and thinking about my dreams in the morning, I can actually recall them a lot better, but I can /never/ remember details. Only the parts that I liked or the parts that were surprising. And never anything but that unless I wake up in the middle of it. Will that improve over time?

Also, another thing. When I dream it seems to always be in third person, like my eyes are the camera. And the me in the world isn’t me. Or at least I don’t think she looks like me, but I can’t be sure. I’m also not really aware of the thought of that me, but the observing me. The one exception is my reoccuring dreams that I’ve had since I was a kid. :razz: You know, where I either battle ninjas and save the day, or play hide and seek with a pack of multi-coloured dogs in a giant maze. Those I see with my own eyes. But the rest I see another person there. I think this just be my poor recall or something. Or my subconcious telling me what I think of myself as. (In which case, I must have really good self esteem since the girl’s always pretty. xD)

I’ll NEVER be able to have a lucid dream at this rate. -.- Suggestions?