Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

New to this, some questions

Author  Message 
Acegikmo

New to this, some questions
PostPosted: Mon 24 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

Hey, new to the forum, and haven't even started LD wink5
I'm gonna go to bed in about 2 hours, what can i do to dream a LD at the first time?
Is there any mp3 help thing?
And do i have to wake up, then get to sleep to LD?

Thanks! smile

Duck
Retired from LDing
Dream Deity
LD count: >200

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming

Dont read if you dont want to. It's essencional of LDing.

Shortcout:

Repeat to Yourself: Tonight i will recogenize my dream. Just in head, not loud. Do it from now to time when you will fall asleep. It's called MILD. If it will work, in dream you will recogenize your dream.

Quote:

WBTB
Rated green. This technique has been successful in scientific research and/or is part of a commercial book about lucid dreaming.

WBTB stands for “Wake-Back-To-Bed”.

Wake yourself up after 4 to 6 hours of sleep, get out of bed and stay up for anywhere between a few minutes to an hour before going back to bed. It's preferable that you do something related to lucid dreaming during this time (such as reading about lucid dreaming), but it is not required. This is best combined with other techniques; many people have amazing results with a MILD/WBTB combination. The WBTB technique significantly increases your chance of a lucid dream, and using MILD (see below) in conjunction with it puts you at good odds if you're planning to sleep an hour or more after your WBTB session. However, you might need plenty of sleep time and therefore you may only be able to use it on weekends.

If you feel from experiments with this technique that you are sleeping too deeply in order to become not lucid then instead try returning to sleep somewhere other than where you usually sleep, e.g. on a couch, a different bed, or even on the floor; or maybe change the way you sleep, e.g. try sleeping with a lighter blanket. Do this in order to teach your body that these different surroundings mean you want to have a more conscious sleep rather than a deeper sleep. In the beginning, different surroundings will also make you more alert, which can highten your level of consciousness during sleep.

I am sometimes awake for very short times, but cannot pull myself together enough to get up and out of bed. What can I do?

Put a bright piece of paper on the wall or ceiling so that you will see it when you wake up. Other stimuli could be a hot water bottle, a light turned on under your bed, or an alarm clock. A good technique is to place an alarm clock out of arm's reach so that you are compelled to physically get up from bed and turn it off. If this is still insufficient to restore consciousness, try making a note of your intentions to remain awake and place the note on your alarm clock. After you get a lucid dream with this method, you'll find it easier and easier to get out of bed because you'll have more motivation.

from wiki

dylnuge
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Re: New to this, some questions
PostPosted: Tue 25 Jul, 2006  Reply with quote

[quote="Acegikmo"]Hey, new to the forum, and haven't even started LD wink5I'm gonna go to bed in about 2 hours, what can i do to dream a LD at the first time?
{/quote]

Having an LD the first time is rare, so don't be dissapointed. Start by trying to improve your Dream Recall, which is the ability to remember your dreams. Write down any dreams you remember in the morning in a journal. And definatly read the Wikibook, which is very useful. In addition, if you do have an LD, there is a good chance you will not be able to control it. It will also be very short, from 5 seconds to 1 minute.

Just note, this is not a simple thing. One cannot just go Ooo, this sounds fun, and do it. It takes pratice and motivation.

Quote:
Is there any mp3 help thing?

Umm, do you mean is there CDs, tapes, and mp3's that play sound to help you get to sleep? To realise you are dreaming? To maintain lucidiy? If so yes. I don't use them though, so I wouldn't be the one to tell you where to get them. Good chance they cost money.

Quote:

This is called WBTB. It is a method of having an LD. It is not nessicary, but may be useful. So no, you don't have to, but if you want to or can, go ahead. It doesn't hurt and can really help some people. If you are motivated, try MILD, which works very well. This is the process of telling yourself, and believing, that you will have a Lucid Dream tonight. It is not like saying "I might buy a car soon," but more like saying and knowing "I will buy a car today." It may or may not work. The important thing is to believe that it will, and that you will have an LD.

print