Browser war ;p

This got off-topic and shall soon be split…
Anyway, I personally wouldn’t say IE > Opera. A browser ain’t a racing car. Let me explain better:

IE functions:

• Back
  • Forward
  • Home
  • Refresh
  • Stop

Opera functions:

• You can automatically go to highlighted links without C/Ping them
  • You can translate highlighted text
  • You can search highlighted text with google
  • Has vocal commands
  • Has mouse gestures
  • You can directly copy an image’s address
  • You can directly copy a link’s address
  • You have TABS zomg!
  • It can read text with voice
  • It has the zoom function
  • It has a manageable automatic form-filler
  • It has skins
  • Has various search menus (with search engines and stuff)
  • Has “reload every…” function
  • Better security than IE (ActiveX anyone?)

I don’t touch IE even with a 10 feet long cursor.

Meh… at least IE is faster than Netscape Navigator. Not that I use either, mind you. :tongue:

huggles Firefox

I used Fire fox on my old lap top but its main card crashed so I got IE now

A browser war, eh? What is this world coming to? As I said before, I simply stick with Firefox. It’s too late for going back to IE once you’re a tab addict. :tongue:

IE 7 is pretty nice actually and of course has tabs, the search bar.

No but speed and usability over gadgets that you rarely use.

Firefox beats both hands down for extras, there’s thousands of extentions & plugins over all. A nice selection of themes.

IE 7 surprisingly is alot more secure too, which is nice. Still I uninstalled it anyway since you can’t use it on Sp1 - had to uninstall SP2 since it has caused me problems from day one.

Opera>IE>rotten tomato>Firefox

Why?

I downloaded Firefox, when IE started to annoy me. It wasnt too secure, and i had once weird problems, just like virus. I found it, deleted, and searched for more safe browser. I downloaded Firefox, from main site, but when i installed and tried to run, my comp crashed. I restarted it, tried to run Firefox again. This time it worked pretty well, but processor’s temperature started to rise dangerous big speed. It moved to 63c and it was still rising. I listened pc’s yells for help (my computer screeched when temperature goes up to 65c). I deleted Firefox and downloaded very safe Opera.

I didnt had ANY proplem from whole time i am using it.

Verdict?

NUKE THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT

I use them all the time. To do what I do with Opera in a minute I’d take at least 5 with IE. I’m addicted to all that other stuff. I always have tons of tabs open, I always copy images’ or links’ addresses with a click to update my Alphabetical Photo Gallery, I always highlight and search what I don’t know about, I use the “go to URL” countless times instead of C/Ping the URL and opening a new window, I use the zoom function to read the small text you so often find in this forum (again, without Copy, Notepad, Paste…), I automatically fill log-in fields so often that I almost forgot my passwords, when my connection is down I set a page to be reloaded every minute to see if the line’s back, and when I need it I also translate text (mostly Japanese). That’s what I call usability. After all of that, I can personally say: screw speed. It can load pages fast enough.
Just because of the tabs I’d (or better, I) take Opera over IE every single time. Microsoft’s got to implement at least tabs if they even want a chance against the other browsers.
IMO IE is so basic it ain’t even fun.

Verdict?

[size=184][color=darkred]YE CANNAE CHANGE THE BASICNESS OF IE[/color][/size]

My resolution? Um… goes and checks 1024 x 768. I’m not exactly a computer whiz. That’s why I like IE - nice and simple. I rarely use any special features (except bookmarks, which I think I mentioned Firefox always ruins). And when I used Firefox last night, all the graphics came up with annoying little broken image pictures while they were loading. IE just leaves them blank until loaded, which looks much prettier in my opinion. Both are equally fast on my laptop - IE has never been slow for me! :content:

It’s back to (mostly) normal again today, anyway, thank goodness.

Wow; I never knew just how nerdy LD4all members were until now! :lol:
[color=darkblue]
I prefer Internet Explorer!

What are you thinking? Firefox is the way to go!

Pfft! Firefox? You must be out of your mind! It has broken images and has ruined my processor! What a terrible browser! I’d rather stick with Opera! It has so many great features!

Opera? Do you even use those features? What a waste of time! I’d rather have speed, baby!

I’d say that the speed is reasonable for me. I still prefer good old Internet Explorer!

Oh, please! IE doesn’t even have tabs! What a joke![/color]

Etcetera, etcetera…

A whole forum divided; we must somehow unite! :tongue: But how? :hmmm:

firefox4life…i will go to the grave with firefox!!! :cool:

Create your own browser :cool:

I think to be a regular forum poster in the first place, we must all have a little inner nerd within us. Don’t you agree? :tongue:

Let’s see…

In only slightly less than six months, I’ve made a total of 2,750 posts. That just makes me a nerd without a doubt. At least I’m not as big of a nerd as moogle. :tongue:

lol, you people are not nerds. I have 7500+ posts at 3DRealms, but even that’s nothing. There’s one guy there with 35,000+ posts. HE is truely a nerd. In fact, he’s actually a computer technician.

I use Firefox. I used to use Opera and Firefox (preferably Opera, because Firefox turned that gray :sad:), but now there’s some strange error in Opera, so I’m only using Firefox. It’s good. :tongue: IE is full of pop-ups and it seems very virusy to me. Don’t know. I don’t like it.

/me uses Flock

It’s a Firefox’ bloatware, but I like the extras, I’d probably get them all as extensions if I were using Firefox, so although I don’t absolutely oh-my-God recommend it to people, I think it’s worth having a look.

Opensourse, baby. :cool:

I have only ever used IE… i cant imagine a computer without it!

:shock:

Have you ever seen a Linux? :razz:

Nope… whats a linux?

:eek: You don’t know what Linux is!

I use Firefox, and when that’s not meet expectations, Opera. IE as a last resort. (I need my tabs!)