Browser war ;p

I use them all the time. To do what I do with Opera in a minute I’d take at least 5 with IE. I’m addicted to all that other stuff. I always have tons of tabs open, I always copy images’ or links’ addresses with a click to update my Alphabetical Photo Gallery, I always highlight and search what I don’t know about, I use the “go to URL” countless times instead of C/Ping the URL and opening a new window, I use the zoom function to read the small text you so often find in this forum (again, without Copy, Notepad, Paste…), I automatically fill log-in fields so often that I almost forgot my passwords, when my connection is down I set a page to be reloaded every minute to see if the line’s back, and when I need it I also translate text (mostly Japanese). That’s what I call usability. After all of that, I can personally say: screw speed. It can load pages fast enough.
Just because of the tabs I’d (or better, I) take Opera over IE every single time. Microsoft’s got to implement at least tabs if they even want a chance against the other browsers.
IMO IE is so basic it ain’t even fun.

Verdict?

[size=184][color=darkred]YE CANNAE CHANGE THE BASICNESS OF IE[/color][/size]

My resolution? Um… goes and checks 1024 x 768. I’m not exactly a computer whiz. That’s why I like IE - nice and simple. I rarely use any special features (except bookmarks, which I think I mentioned Firefox always ruins). And when I used Firefox last night, all the graphics came up with annoying little broken image pictures while they were loading. IE just leaves them blank until loaded, which looks much prettier in my opinion. Both are equally fast on my laptop - IE has never been slow for me! :content:

It’s back to (mostly) normal again today, anyway, thank goodness.

Wow; I never knew just how nerdy LD4all members were until now! :lol:
[color=darkblue]
I prefer Internet Explorer!

What are you thinking? Firefox is the way to go!

Pfft! Firefox? You must be out of your mind! It has broken images and has ruined my processor! What a terrible browser! I’d rather stick with Opera! It has so many great features!

Opera? Do you even use those features? What a waste of time! I’d rather have speed, baby!

I’d say that the speed is reasonable for me. I still prefer good old Internet Explorer!

Oh, please! IE doesn’t even have tabs! What a joke![/color]

Etcetera, etcetera…

A whole forum divided; we must somehow unite! :tongue: But how? :hmmm:

firefox4life…i will go to the grave with firefox!!! :cool:

Create your own browser :cool:

I think to be a regular forum poster in the first place, we must all have a little inner nerd within us. Don’t you agree? :tongue:

Let’s see…

In only slightly less than six months, I’ve made a total of 2,750 posts. That just makes me a nerd without a doubt. At least I’m not as big of a nerd as moogle. :tongue:

lol, you people are not nerds. I have 7500+ posts at 3DRealms, but even that’s nothing. There’s one guy there with 35,000+ posts. HE is truely a nerd. In fact, he’s actually a computer technician.

I use Firefox. I used to use Opera and Firefox (preferably Opera, because Firefox turned that gray :sad:), but now there’s some strange error in Opera, so I’m only using Firefox. It’s good. :tongue: IE is full of pop-ups and it seems very virusy to me. Don’t know. I don’t like it.

/me uses Flock

It’s a Firefox’ bloatware, but I like the extras, I’d probably get them all as extensions if I were using Firefox, so although I don’t absolutely oh-my-God recommend it to people, I think it’s worth having a look.

Opensourse, baby. :cool:

I have only ever used IE… i cant imagine a computer without it!

:shock:

Have you ever seen a Linux? :razz:

Nope… whats a linux?

:eek: You don’t know what Linux is!

I use Firefox, and when that’s not meet expectations, Opera. IE as a last resort. (I need my tabs!)

Firefox! Don’t click on the blue E! Linux is a penguin. (Joking)
Its really an operating system.

erm… do you lot come with subtitles?

IE7 is quite nice and much more secure than IE6 and of course it has tabs.

It’s not my main browser though. Firefox is currently the fastest browser I have since it is sooooo tweakable through about:config - plenty of plugins, they only thing I like from Opera was the “paste & Go” feature, so I got the firefox extention that adds the same thing :tongue:

Opera is my backup browser.

I have IE7 for backup, since it has tabs now it’s not too bad, but it has issues with text on pages, stupid beta.

I also have the stand alone Firebird browser as an emergency browser. For those who don’t know, Firebird was the old Firefox name, long before it was popular with the masses and because it’s stand alone it doesn’t need installing so you can run it from a disk :happy:

Umm… translation please?

Read a few tech sites like www.xtremesystems.org. These sites will give you an understanding of how a computer works, what makes it fast and how to build one yourself.

As for software, Google “Ubuntu” and take a look at that. It’s is a complete operating system, like Windows, but free. It’s based on Linux. You have to understand Linux isn’t really a program in itself, but a standard specification for the OS. Think of it like foundation on which you can build any type of structure. The foundation is provided freely as the “Linux kernal”, and people build up from there resulting in OS packages like Ubuntu.

You might also want to look at www.openoffice.org. It’s an entire document editing and management suite, just like Microsoft Office. Instead of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access you have Write, Calc, Impress, Draw and Base. There are some other useful programs too, like a math equation editor. It’s good quality too. For one, the entire French government is converting to it. Like Ubuntu, it’s again entirely free.

Both of these are open source and free programs. “Open source” means that all the code and documentation is available for free, so you can change and rebuild the program as much as you want. Firefox/Mozilla are the same. Compare this to Windows, you arn’t allowed to even know how it’s internals work, nevermind looking at the code! One is free and open, the other it’s not. It’s pretty simple.

Also, I’m recommending one type over the other. You have to use your rational judgement to decide for yourself what meets your needs. It doesn’t hurt to try new things though.

firefox for me… i like safari best though on a mac
but i dont have one anymore someone stole it… =(