Sleepwalking (any stories/research/articles?)

I went to this indoor camping thing when I was younger and the other kids told me I sleepwalked, but I didn’t believe them at the time. Also when we were on holiday once, my sister apparently walked round the swimming pool while she was sleepwalking!

It is safe to wake up sleepwalkers. And it may be safer for them if you do so.

According to sleep lab scientists sleep walking and sleep talking occur in delta sleep, not in REM sleep.

Both my sisters have a tendency to sleep talk. Once I had a conversation with my sister and it took me a while to figure out that she wasn’t making sense.

Sometimes sleepwalking is associated with emotional stress.

My family and I were once on vaction, and we were staying with relatives. I went to sleep. The next moring I woke up( in a different bed ), and my grandmother, who was awake at the time of my sleepwalking then told me I ran to all the rooms in the house and screamed at the top of my lungs. Even bedrooms. :rofl:

It is.

I’ve read stories of people murdering others, while sleepwalking, like this guy, who murdered his own father.

Hmm, for some reason i just remembered the ending in the “Sixth sense” when he and his wife were talking, while she was asleep. :unsure:

I sleepwalked too, when I was a bit younger. And I used to speak during dreams. It’s a totally normal thing for me, as my sleeping and dreaming is always a little strange.

I still sleepwalk and sleeptalk. It started just last year I think. I’ll mostly just go the the Kitchen and get something to eat, but I oftem make messes. I once spilled a little of the milk then poored it into the sink and left the jug there.My mom gets mad at me for the messes I make. I also take some of my stuff and put it in odd places. I only talck when people talck to me, and apperently what I say makes perfect sence because my stepdad never catches on that I’m asleep until he asks my why I didn’t do what he said, or why I went back to sleep.

I sleeptalk but I don’t sleepwalk. My brother does both as well as snoring. The only time I know of though was when he walked into my mum’s bedroom and then walked back into bed in the middle of the night. I don’t think he remembers doing it. My mum told me about it.

I used to sleepwalk a lot. I was in the top bunk of the bunk bed I shared with my sister, and sometimes I’d wake up in the middle of the night curled up in my sister’s bed or standing on the floor with my head sticking through the holes in the ladder, etc. I don’t sleepwalk as much now…but I move and talk in my sleep. I speak clearly but what I say doesn’t always make sense. I also tap my foot or tap my fingers against the bedpost/desk/whatever I’m sleeping on, and sometimes I hum. Sometimes I’m aware that I’m doing this, but I can’t seem to stop or wake up. Sometimes I don’t remember doing it, but when I wake up, people ask me if I was asleep, because I was talking/moving. Once in band, I woke up to my friend tapping me on the shoulder and saying, “Were you just asleep? Cause your eyes were closed but you were playing all the right notes.”

My dad told me one time when i was about 8 or something i went out in the living room and stood there. I started running around the kersone heater (if thats how its spelled) yelling “Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” lol :content:

Once when I woke up i came out to get breakfast and found out i was in huge trouble for peeing in a coubard(i was only like 8 ) but had now memory of it. Ive also been sleepwalking where i sortof remember it after but like I was in a dream and had no real control of what I was doing- but what I was doing was real.

I sleepwalked rarely when I was a kid, but whenever I slept in a foreign bed, I woke up under it…

It’s weird, now that I think about it at a camp, in the middle of the night, I woke up in my friends bed while he was sleeping :O, luckily though, my head was at the bottom of the bed. It’s really weird now that i think about it.

I had a weird sleep walking experience where I drempt that I was locked in someone elses house. In reality I was walking around my room and ran into my dresser. I almost broke one of my ceramics. :cry:

The only time I sleep walked I was about 4 years old. My daddy said he found me in the shoe closet when he got home around 10pm after his work shift. The only reasoning I could think of was that I really wanted to see my daddy and my subconscious took me there where he found me sitting on the ground.

hey,i have a question:When you are sleep walking,are you lucid dreaming?

cause my friend called me at 3 am cause he was sleep walking and he peed in the trash can.Then he woke up and he called me.lol it was kind of funny :content:

No, sleepwalking has nothing to do with lucid dreaming. Sleepwalkers are generally not aware of what they do and most of the time, they even don’t remember why they did this or that.

my friend told me he didnt remember a thing

I believe most sleep walkers do not remember their actions.

How does sleep walking occur?

i often remember when i sleepwalk. i normally go and place things in odd places. And at the time it just seems so right to go and do that, and when i wake up, im like, Why the hell would i do that?