[WILD] Jake's Guide to learning to WILD

:happy: welll most of you probably havent met me…but my name is Jake im 14 yrs old and am very interested in LD 's
ive had one,through the WILD method and another through the
VILD method. since i know lots of ppl have trouble finding all of the information they need…i am going to post a tutorial about Lucid Dreaming.It is based from information that i have read from this site and others. It teaches you how to initate WILD.

Step One

Increase your dream recall

The way you can go about doing this is to keep a dream diary.
i have one in the dream diary section on this forum.I reccomend you [Aspiring dreamer] make one as well.
I also reccomend you keep a diary beside your bed.
tell yourself before you sleep; “I will remember my dream tonight,once i wake up i will write it dowm”. think this over and over until you fall asleep. Evauntually, you will have gret dream recall and will be able to remember just about all of your dreams.

Step Two

Setting your mind to WILD

You are probably very excited about this…but be patient…
question the reality arond you during the day when you are awake…This will help you remember to do it while you are dreaming…read up other tutorials on lucidity…read books read anything you can about it. Have confidence in yourself,
be proud of who you are. These states of confidence will ready you for WILD.

Step Three

The Big Night

This is it…your going to WILD
Make sure you say Im going to realize im dreaming…not i WANT to lucid dream tonight…that will place your mind in the wrong mindset.

well…onto the technique
Lay down on your bed,[i reccomend on your back] comfortable as possible,i also reccomend you do this relaxation exercise.
close your eyes…flex your leg muscles…and release
work up to the muscles in your thighs…release…tense and relax until you are completly relaxed.Now close your eyes, and focus on the lids of them…its very unlikley that you are seeing only darkness…these patterns and colors are known as HI
[scroll cursor over HI to find meaning] dont focus on it…watch it passively ignore any other thoughts…let your mind be clear as you start to slip away from consciousness…remember to stay focused…b/c you may begin to see HH or go into SP do not be alarmed, it is normal
eveuantally…you shoud slip into the dream world…from there… do what you please…as this dream can be under your control…but do not be too excited…this can cause you to wake up…if you find yourself excited…spin your perspective in the dream…breathe deeply…

I have one last thing to explain…false awakenings…the main reason i asked you to practice those RC’s…if you find yourself in your bed…perform a couple of RC’s if you find yourself to be dreaming…enjoy the rest of your time in the dream world…if you are awake…i hope you had a nice LD…well thts most of what i know about LD’s…thank you for reading

Jake

Scroll over all acronyms to find out meaning

[Note To Q and mods… i dont know if im allowed to post in the library…im not a librarian…would like to be though…]

Interesting… the things i see behind my eyelids when I close my eyes and that i’m relaxed are shapeless very faint swrling stuff… I once tried VILD and I started seeing something that was in my imagined scene even clearer than in my thoughts (The stargate from the Stargate SG-1 Tv series) but the idea that this was my HI didnt come to mind… I’ll try WILD again tonight, understanding it better this time! thanx! :smile:

Thanks for the tutorial Jake.

As far as I know that are phosphenes (sp?), not HI.

This doesn’t seem entirely necessary. It is usually easy for people to distinguish when they are before and after the sleep barrier.

I think he means, “I will” is a more powerful statement than “I want to”, and your brain will take it more seriously.

Good tips Jake, I’ll try it. :smile:

Jake, you’re confusing RC’s, autosuggestion and WILD. There is no need to practice RC’s or autosuggestion when you WILD.

Well, I agree that “I will” is certainly more powerful than “I want to”, but the entire concept of autosuggestion is irrelevant when WILD’ing.

Why is it irrelevant when WILDing? Often when you do a WILD, you find a middle thing between conscious dreaming and unawareness (low lucidity), in which autosuggeston before can help.

Yes, it’s helpful. Just like RC’s and DR, but they’re not needed, which is why I deem them irrelevant.

As for the level of lucidity after performing a WILD, that’s entirely dependent on the person. I’ve seen posts where someone said that lucidity level after a WILD is lower for them than for a DILD. It’s entirely the opposite for me, however.

DOH!

looks like i got things to correct

Thanks Jake, i’ll try it tonight…ggrr, if only day was’nt so long! :grrr:

if you have any questions

site pm me

I noticed you didn’t put down a time to try to WILD. I’d really like to be able to WILD the first time I go to sleep at night, but aparantly it’s harder than after a couple of hours sleep.