leave me alone!

i manage to get an LD about twice a month, always from realising during a ND, though i don’t know what triggers it. whenever i start to do what i want to, all the characters from the normal dream run after me, burst into rooms, get in my way from going places. it seems even if i tell/shove them they wont go away!even if i shut a door, and anyway sometimes there isnt a door if im outside. please help me as its ruining the rare experiences i have of LDs!! :cry:

also a problem im having is creating people, they are always far too short! any tips??
thank youuuuu :grin:

ok im still trying to get my second LD

can’t you just fly away from them? or maybe close your eyes and make them dissapear if it doesnt help then dont worry with time the DC’s will leave you alone i guess

good luck :smile:

try beating them up :content:

Just ask them why they’re doing it. I’m sure they have good reason. Unless they’re even worse than just boring DC’s in which case they have no reason.

Seriously, just reason with the DC’s. Explain to them your situations. They’ll listen.

yeah i’m very sure there’s some metaphorical reason they are doing this… and asking them directly might be a good way for you to know…

thanks, i’ll give it a go hopefully itll get rid of them!! any idea how i can modify DC’s i create easily? do i need to focus more before i create them?

that’s a great way to keep the conflict happening reapeatedly.

The easiest way to get rid of DCs is ignoring them and ‘pretending’ they are not there.

Your mind is your world. ‘Techniques’ are inefficient since they acnowledge the DCs are there.

P.S. the reason it keeps happening is because you are worried it will and what you ‘think’ takes form in your dreams.

Yep. The key is to not worry. So just prepare yourself for these DC’s to get in your way, and they won’t :smile:

I think a nice way to do that is a vacuum gun: zap one at a DC and bang, he’s gone. Then if you want the DC back, just tweak a dial or something. These vacuum guns have infinite capacity, so you won’t have to worry about there being too many DC’s to collect. And they’ll have perfect accuracy, and will be pretty good in general.

Unless, of course, you’re too pessimistic and you end up with something that doesn’t work quite as well. But it should still work, so you won’t have to worry.

If you always expect them to be shorter than you intended, then try to make really tall DCs.

My DCs often appear shorter than they should, so I just stretch them out. Just believe that they’re extremely malleable (and they are), and you should have no trouble changing them. :smile:

Just reach for the lightsaber you “know” is in your pocket and have fun :devil:

lol thats quite an intresting approach … hmmm never thought of it that way, I’m going to try this just for fun …

You need to think about where your body is when you are in these dreams. Are you in a room or a castle or a helicopter? None, you are in your bed. If you notice that you are dreaming it does mean you are lucid but not really and fully lucid. If people can chase you then you are not fully lucid. You need to UNDERSTAND that you are in a dream. Not just saying it but KNOWING it. It’s hard to explain until you experience it but there is a difference and if you did not want them to chase you then they wouldn’t.

thanks for all the suggestions guys. i had an LD last night and though i had at the time forgotten to try what you mentioned, i found that just focussing away from where i wanted people to be or not be and thinking aloud what i wanted to happen was very effective. i got rid of people and i made people - and they were tall enough. maybe i wasn’t focussed enough before? though next time i do fancy trying to physically stretch someone :tongue:

just tell them to fuck off

When you get lucid you often don’t remember stuff you haven’t really been focusing on, like if you read a text I doubt that’s the first thing that comes into your mind when you get lucid.

Eat them. :devil: