Who have you told?

I’ve told my friends…who think I’m overly obsessed by it and every time I bring it up in a conversation they jokingly act as if I am insane and edge away.
Most people I tell either just say “mm, yeah” but don’t actually listen, and others say they always have them, when they don’t even know what it is properly. I don’t get how somone could possible not be interested in doing absolutely anything in your dreams and it being controlled by you…but, oh well…

I have had a pretty good experience at telling people about LD.
One day during science class at school my friends were talking together and one of them was talking about telling if your awake or dreaminng so I told him about RC. Turns out he was already interested in LDing so I had discussions with him about it. My other friends were interested too so I brought a bunch of books including EWLD for them to read and told them I found all the books at the library. The friend who I talked to alot about LDing did a class project in english class on it. Unfortunatly, I missed it. :cry: I don’t know if my friends are currently involved in it. My family seems to like the idea of lucid dreaming although they don’t do it them selves. My Grandmother is fine with LD but is afraid the NovaDreamer will give you brain cancer, but thats a fear of electromagnetic radiation not lucid dreaming.

I tell everyone that i have a longer conversation with. Lucid dreaming can be a pretty good ice breaker.

I haven’t told anyone in my family. To me lucid dreaming is more of a personal journey…quest…thing.

I have mentioned it toa few of my good friends and most of them just dissmissed it with indiffernce. They didn’t think it was evil, just wierd. (And, of course, I’m the oddest one of my group of friends)

The only one who has taken intrest was my girlfriend, Cassie (Roxi), and as a result I got her to join LD4all and begin her quest. :colgate:

Lol For me, it normally just ends in a slap in the face and someone asking me how much coffee I’ve been drinking. Coincidentally (read: really coincidentally) lucid dreaming came up once among my friends and when I went on a rant about WILD and Stephen LaBerge’s EWLD the conversation quickly changed to World of Warcraft after a long pause and many odd stares. :cry:

I told about Lucid dreaming to some of my friends, and the best way to describe their reaction would be ‘interested, but little faith’. That was quite good compared to being considered crazy :smile: Still, the more people know about it, the better it is :smile:

I cant be arsed to tell people about LD’s

I’ve tried, I’ve told about them. But I think most people got this delusional thinking towards dreaming, that its like blurry and messy and unreal and not even close to reality. And I think this is because their DR is so bad, they never recall anything in great detail. So they think LD’ing isnt worth it coz dreams are “dreams” and not “real”.

One of my friends said the most stupidest comment of all time when I told him about LD’ing and that it is as real as waking life, he said “but its not real, it doesn’t happen for real when you sense something in dream, if you touch something, you are not really touching anything for real” <-- I almost hated him after that, I think he wasn’t aware of how dreams are created and that they can be as real as waking life.

Then after all my LD discussions with me he ended up having few low level LD’s and I think he thought it wont get better than that. He even asked “was my dream LD? because it wasnt very real tho I knew I was dreaming” That was it for me, he didn’t even research the subject to have any basic understanding about LDing or dreaming in general so I didn’t bother anymore.

Some other replies:

“I know about it, its too hard, waste of time, I tried, I failed”
“its waste of time”
“its not real”

I don’t care, they just cannot believe what they are missing in life, their loss.

i was so overwhelmed by the excitementof my first lucid, i had to tell someone!

Me: Hey, do you know you can control your dreams?
Him: Yuh, shut u bah, your crazy
Me: No really, i had one last night!
Him: Like, how do you do it?
Me: (I explain the concept of reality checks etc.)
Him: Yeah, Im afraid Ill get possesed, or die

THE END

I’ve told my parents, although I’ve never actually used the phrase ‘lucid dreaming.’ I just occasionally mention it in the context of telling them some dream I had. my dad says he’s done it before, but he’d never really thought of actually trying to control things. Mostly he just occasionally changed what he was dremaing about. (“What? Why am I dreaming about water polo? Can’t I watch something else?” POOF)

I don’t think I’ve mentioned it to any of my friends, because they just don’t seem interested. I may have mentioned it when a sort of related subject came up, as that’s how most of my large stash of random knowledge gets out into the world. (At one point I had to explain sleep paralysis to one of my friends, who presented it to me in sort of an “omg somethin’ scary happened to me!” way.)

Told both of my best friends. They were both originally skeptical until one found out his mother is an ex-practitioner of lucid dreaming. Currently, that friend is building up his recall and hopefully will one day be posting on here as well.

I told a friend about SD, she was very intrested and now we’re trying to have one every night :cool:

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum… I’ve had 2-3 LDs in my life so far (i’m eighteen years old) and since some time i’m trying to learn to become lucid by myself and not by accident.

I never told my friends/parents about lucid dreaming… did you? How did they react?
I think if i told them they are going to thing that i’m crazy or something like that :eh:

Same here…

Also, there is a topic :wink:
This is probably going to get merged into that topic.

I have told one of my friends, he just laughed and thought I was joking.

Well, there are people here to share my dreams to shrug.

Oh, and…welcome to the forum :happy:

My mom though I would become crazy of such a thing, and had forbidden it, I still was doing it, and Im perfectly alright. And then they think its stupid and worthless,
and that it takes away the sleep since you are aware in dreams,
lies, they truly think they know everything of the sleep… :sad:

my parents are ok with it. They say, “who cares whats going on in his head while hes asleep” :tongue:

A lot of people I’ve spoken to about it say they’ve done it themselves once or twice. I’ve never had anyone say I was crazy or anything! Probably the least positive response I’ve gotten was just a neutral “Whoa huh I didn’t know that happened” kind of a thing.

My friends were always quite positive and encouraging about it. How great they are! As for my parents, I haven’t talked to them about this at all. Not that they wouldn’t understand, but I guess they’d probably find this a bit… “interesting”. I, however, talked to my sister (who’s almost 8 years old) about this, and she was pretty intrigued too, but she said she couldn’t remember her dreams very much, and I couldn’t tell her to keep a DJ because her handwriting is still very slow. I’ll continue my “teachings” when she grows up a bit more though.

That made me smile :content: Your sister is very lucky to have a real life dream guide.

I have told most of my friends, they think it´s cool. I have even told my older brothers and they think it´s awesome too :content: Tried telling my parents but they just don´t get it :tongue:

Yeah, she is. Except the fact that I plan to study abroad, and if I will, I’ll go in 3 years. And unluckily, it is almost the perfect time for her. :sad:

[mod]
There are two similar, but more specific topics;
What does Your family Think… Of LD’s Part II
Have any friends who are also interested in lucid dreams?
Please direct your posts towards the appropriate topic. :smile:

:dragon:
[/mod]