NEW SERVER!!! woohoo! :D

After long long search I finally found the new host for LD4all.

We will be on a dedicated server now :happy: That means that other users can’t slow down the site. If it’s slow, it’s LD4all, and not some other unknown account on the server.

The new server will be ready tomorrow evening (24 hours from now) and as soon as it’s ready i will initiate the move.

during the move the forum will be closed. When I know it, I will inform you of the new IP adress of LD4all so you can reach LD4all during the move.

:woot: :yay: :woot: :yay: :woot: :yay:

And the best news is, it’s even less money than what the current host charges! That means we have reached the target for the donations as well :happy:

Thank you everybody who donated :hugs:

:boogie: :yay: :woot: :hurray:

WOOHA!!! :yay: :hurray:

One question : Why do we need to know the new IP adress to get to the forum ? (forgive me i’m not very good at this stuff)

Does this also mean that I can take the fundraiser link out of my sig? Of course it means that! I can now go back to my old signature!

the new server will have a different IP adress. It will take up to 72 hours before the whole internet knows that when you type ld4all.com it has to go to the new server instead of the old one :smile:

:yay: :grin:

Were there :grin:

Good to hear you didnt need to fill in more money for the funds q :smile:

Thank heavens we’re moving to a new server! :happy:

:yay: :woot: :yay:

Something better for less :content: Ain’t the internet grand.

There is a slight delay with the setup of the new server, (it has to be built first) so the move has been postponed. It should be ready tomorrow night, but since I have to sleep too, i don’t know if i’ll do the move right away or wait until the next day. But I’ll keep you posted.

when the move is in progress i’ll put page up with a link to the IP of new server.

Congrats!!

Its so QUICK! i got a t3 and it was slow before, and now i click and i dont even have time to blink and no i am not joking nice going