The BIG MILD topic - part III

If you remember a previous dream, you should picture yourself in that dream, but what I do is to try to change the dream , realising that I’m dreaming…
It’s useful, believe me

Replay it, but note different things that could have made you lucid. Then imagine that one of those things made you lucid, and then imagine what you would do when you become lucid.

You’re right. Techniques which rely on autosuggestion need generally more than one week in order to work.

Just remember the different episodes from your last dream, then when you reach a passage when you could have realized it was a dream, you picture yourself in that dream, as Nachician said, and you imagine that you suddenly realize you’re dreaming and that you do the thing you planned to do.

Just think about it in your head, maybe if you lie to someone and you’re not sure if they bought it or not, you replay it in your mind, like that. Or if you talk to a girl/boy you really like, afterwards you might wonder if you said the rights things and impressed them or not.

When you walked out of your front door this morning, imagine as clearly as you can walking towards the door. You reach for the door handle, what does it look like? How does it feel? How does it sound when you turn the handle? How does it feel when you open the door? What can you see when you walk outside? What can you hear? Can you feel the sun shining or the cold biting?

You should do both at the same time. Run through your last dream by experiencing it again; see, hear, smell, taste, feel what happened in the dream again.

Edit: Ah, I see I’ve just repeated what others have said :shy:

Thx for tips everyone, I had a bit of success last night.

I found that if I set my WBTB 5 hrs after sleeping as opposed to 4 I get a very vivid dream and awsome dream recall of the previous dream. Previously, when I woke up after 4 hrs, I had no dream recall and couldn’t really do MILD because I didnt have a fresh dream in my head. This allows me to visualize really well because I just go back to sleep with the dream fresh in my head.

I’ve been thinking about this one too. It is kind of cheating when you constantly remind yourself like you say, so you just have to let it go :smile:
And recently I’ve found myself almost “searching” for these dreamsigns so I can perform the RC, and that’s probably not how it was meant :tongue:
I mean you should just do what you usually do and when the event happens it will trigger your memory and you will do the RC… but it’s hard :neutral:

I had my first LD and it was exactly how you described it. My dream began lucid and I was amazed. I also did some RCs later. I’m not sure what induced it. I told myself that I would have a lucid dream that night, and I prayed for one, but I did not spend time focusing or trying to induce it, I just went straight to bed. I believe mine was instinct.

Note: This was not my first dream of the night. It was the second or third.

Question merged into the BIG MILD topic

During the part where you visualize becoming lucid, should you imagine becoming lucid from a DS or just out of the blue? Should you do a RC or does it matter?

Chesire Cat, I prefer to visualize myself becoming lucid in a dream scene, that is I try to incubate the dream where I saw myself becoming lucid and that combined with my intent produces lucid dreams.

The Science of Lucidity, it is possible to have lucid dreams at will with MILD, as it is with WILD, personally I find it easiest to start the night with MILD and then when I awake from a first lucid dream I use WILD if I want to have more.

I have a problem.
I can’t get any more LD’s, and i do the same thing i did before.
I just gain some enthusiasm before going to sleep, and it worked.
Now i tried it many times. :cry:
It seems that after a short break without LD’s (few weeks), i cant get them again…

It seems to me that a good MILD’er said he had to change sometimes his induction sentence.

I don’t know, I haven’t had to change mine although I typically just have to form the intent to have a lucid dream to have one. I don’t really have any particular mantra per se.

i tried doing mild last night. i repeated the things in my head and imaging myself having a lucid dream. i did not really get any results. is there any thing im doing wrong?

No, I don’t believe there is anything you’re doing wrong. I do believe, however, that you’ll have to give it much more time than a single night. Any technique will take a while to allow you to get a LD…

i plan on trying it for at least a week or two

I say “I will dream and i will realize im dreaming” i do it in rythem with my breathing like I will dream and While i breath out then when i breath in I will realize im dreaming.

Really focus on your intent. Don’t just minlessly say the phrase, and try changing it up some.

To add on to this…

Whenever I really focus on my intent, I end up lying there for and hour or so, never able to fall asleep, that is until I give up and just fall asleep as I normally would with normal results to match…

I would say really focus on what you are thinking for about 15-30 min. and then relax and lightly consider your objective and allow yourself to sleep.

I will start the MilD techniche seriouly today. Before it was like a " I am too tired for a Wild " Kind of thing hopefully more LD’s will come.

Try not to doubt yourself, lucid dreaming isn’t all that tough to learn but by the same token don’t expect spectacular results in just a few days. It took me around 5 months to be able to have LD’s at will.