What questions do you ask DC's?

“Did you know I’m dreaming?” Most deny it.

I ought to talk to them more.

One time I got lucid in band (considering I haven’t been in band in YEARS but well, keep dreaming of it…) and I asked every DC there (sort of meshing them together as a unit) a question about relatoinships.

They told me what I expected.

But I got some very interesting communicae from a real life person, and because of the novelty am lead to believe it was real communication.

you can probably get good info from DCs, but I am unsure as to how deep it would be.

Sometimes I’ll ask names and get the strangest names I’ve ever heard. And some that are impossible to pronounce and spell (there is no character that I can type up which combines a “C” and “S”).

I also like to tell them that they’re dreaming. Sometimes they’re confused, sometimes they’re happy, and sometimes they’re really angry.

I’ve never really had much experience with DC’s. But i do have quite a few things i’d like to ask…Random questions…“whats the meaning of life…” “what cures cancer…”
I want to see what my subconcious spits out at me.

I also want to ask whats going to happen in the day that i dreamt this. I want to see if they can somehow predict a certain situation that will arise in that day.
The only thing i’ve managed to do with DC’s so far is tease them for being fake. :content: I just cant help it sometimes.

“What’s your name?”
Responses I’ve gotten:
The funny (“Why, I’m Bowling Bonnie!”)
The sincere but a little off (“I’m Propellor. Prop, if you want.”)
The evasive answer (“What do you want it to be?”)
The mumbly refusal to answer clearly no matter how many times I ask, and, of course,
the complete refusal to even acknowledge that I’m talking to them.

There are a few other things, but I don’t remember them.

DC’s i usually ask “can i speak with my SG” or “can i speak with my DG” then when I see my SG i ask things like :
“whats it like to be a spirit?”
“what happens when I die?”
“how do i ascend?”
“what advice can u give me?”
DG’s i ask things like :
“how can i stay lucid for longer?”
“can you take me to or ?”

Why bother talking to a DC when you can talk to your DG or SG. Dont get me wrong, DC’s have a lot to offer - just not as much as a DG or SG can offer and we talk to DC’s all the time.

I had a wierd conversation with a DC in an ND a while back… I think it went something like this…

Me: Can you tell me the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?
DC: Yes.
Me: Will you tell me?
DC: Yes.
Me: Tell me, then!
DC: The answer is 42.
Me: Really?!
DC: No.
Me: Then what is it?
DC: You have to find out for yourself.

And then I woke up and had a headache all morning. :razz: Weird.

I used to ask random DC’s , “When will it happen”. None of them seemed to like that questions they would always give me glares, or run away, or tell me I shouldn’t be asking about things like that. Subsequently I’ve stopped asking that question. shrug

One of my most memorable question \ answers was with one DC.

Rare: “Which do you prefer. The normal world, or the dream world.”
DC: “Well the dreamworld is nice and all, but on the otherside, (where you exist), you get to be free”.

I didn’t get a chance for any follow up questions, and my mind as been curious as to the meaning of the answer for a while now…

(BTW: great thread!! would be nice to couple with a “Questions that DC’s ask you” thread as well.)

Well, I usually don’t talk to DC’s, because it’s not often I get the chance…

On 23rd December: Some of my idols were in my dream. I talked to one of them:
DC: Guess what! Guess what!
Me (very happy): Hi !
DC: Eh… Hi Lars Anders (That’s not even my name. He looked at me as he didn’t like me)
Guess what!!
Me and some other people: What?
DC (smiles): I got the Streptrons Syndrome!
Us: What’s that?

Then I woke up.

I don’t know what “streptrons syndrome” is or where he got “Lars Anders” from… Nice talking to him anyway.

Oddly, when I am lucid, the majority of people I talk to listen attentively, but don’t have much to say. They just smile vacantly and pay attention to me.

The Rev

I generally ask them things like, “Do you know this is a dream?” though I also like to ask them what sort of advice they can give me (though I haven’t actually gotten any really deep/insightful responses, as far as that goes :tongue: ).

L :woo: L (Made my day)

Pretty deep response, seems like it wasn’t a regular DC.

That was funny too. :content:

On my case, i asked a DC: ''What is a DC?", she just petrifily stayed there staring at me and chaging her appearance from Madonna to a blurry woman.

Yah, I stumble across them from time to time… Great conversations though!

I normally don’t ask my DCs questions. I more make comments to them. My most memorable conversations with them:

Me: Hey there, how are you?
DC: Mumble mumble mumble
Me: …What?
DC: MUMBLE MUMBLE MUMBLE
Me: …Uh, ok…
DC: Mumble mumble
Me: Blink blink Walks away

~~~

Me: In a classroom full of my friends in my dream …Hey, wait a second… I’m dreaming!
Every DC: Glares at me as if I’m crazy, but simply nods
Me: What?

~~~

Me: So, what’s it like to be a dream character?
DC: Well… It’s a bit depressing, really. Everyone who comes through my diner has some problem and I’ve got to break it up.
Me: I see…
DC: And ever since my husband died, I’ve been running this place. Did you know back in the 60’s we met Elvis Blah blah blah
Me: Mmhmm… Listens politely

My dream characters are so rude and indifferent that I’m thinking about giving THEM the cold shoulder first, before they even get a chance to give it to me. There have been precious few of them who were actually talkative and lively in response to my conversation with them.

I ask them questions relating to the situation (I’m usually quite logical in dreams). If there’s a problem, I ask them for advice, unless I’m shy or I don’t trust them. It’s the same as I would do in reality.

well, sadly, i haven’t had a lucid dream yet, but here’s an idea-

-Magnify your voice (however you want), or just yell, and say “whoever spontaneously combusts first get a nickel!!” and see what they do… they could glare at you and give you dirty looks, appear as if constipated in a futile attempts to gain a nickel, or they could erupt in flames or candy, or whatever :slight_smile:

my dc’s lie to me and tell me i’m not dreaming

ill usually tell them why arnt u telling me its a dream!?!?!?!
then they say its funner if you find out on your own…
and then i bust em into flames >:)

I should talk more with my DC’s… I usualy just say “I’m dreaming!!” and they say “Really!?” in a sarcastic or truely curious way, lol…