the BIG remembering dreams topic part IV

Hi Xeric,

First of all, it seems that you’re expecting immediate results from autosuggestion techniques. I doesn’t work like this at all. It takes some time.

Then what sentence do you repeat? And why do you wake up in the middle of the night? As Atheist said, you have less dreams in the middle of the night. And it’s no use to practise WBTB or induction techniques if you are not able to remember your dreams. Thus 1) you increase your dream recall. 2) when you can recall about 1 dream per night, you practise LD’ing techniques.

You know that autosuggestion has worked when your first thought when you wake up is remembering dreams. And if you wake up with an alarm clock, as soon as you switch off the alarm, you return back in the position you woke up from. It’s said to be better. Good luck! :smile:

I’m not necessarily expecting immediate results, but I did think that I would make more progress than I have over 9 or 10 nights. I’ve managed to remember three dreams out of 10 days/nights, and 2 of them were from naps I took during the day. I lay in bed when I wake up and try to remember my dreams. Last night was the only one I’ve recalled from a full night of sleep. However, my dreams that I remember are always very vague and it seems like they are in sections persay. I remember little parts of a dream.

I don’t wake up in the middle of the night most of the time. The reason I said something about it was because someone told me to train myself to wake up after each dream and try to remember it.

That’s completely normal, think about yesterday: I bet you can’t remember what happened that vividly and you probably can’t remember absolutely everything. This is no different than remembering your dreams and is normal but you can improve on the norm when you practice.

Making progress with remembering what I dream~ They’re always nice and weird. But sometimes when i wake up halfway through the night I forget to journal and then i forget the dream… Have no time to lie in bed in the mornings… because my mom rushes me off to school…bleh.

end useless post =P

ive only just started trying to remember my dreams, but last night i said before i fell asleep “tonight i will dream and when i wake up i will remember it”. I had a dream and remembered it vividly when i woke up at 5:00am, and didnt bother to write it down! only now 8 hours later i just remembered it! it really helps to keep a dream journal right next to your bed

Oh wow.
I haven’t been able to remember my dreams for a while, but yesterday when I went to bed, I just kept saying to myself that I will remember my dreams, but then in Dutch this time.
I have to say, it really worked. I remembered 6 dreams (and one really vague scene) today, and it took me quite some time to write them all down since they were all relatively long and/or detailed.

I did a bad thing though, when I woke up the first time (that was around 08:00AM, 3 hours after my alarm went off… It was still ringing) I didn’t write down my first couple of dreams. I do remember them quite well though because I relived my dream in reverse a couple of times, just like the book Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming said. However, I forgot one fine detail, I forgot what a girl said to me and actually that was quite important. Ahh well, at least I remember how I felt back then.

merged into the BIG remembering dreams topic :content:

I have ultimately bad dream recall, i’m afraid :ack:

I was wondering, I tell myself to remember my dreams, and i kinda keep a dream journal. (although it’s hard when I never remember my dreams) So, what can I do to improve it? :help:

Thanks and hugs to anyone that helps!! :hugs:

First: Try not to move when you wake up. Just lay there and try to remember your dreams. Eventually, you WILL remember something.

Then, write down EVERYTHING you feel when waking up. Do you feel sad, angry or happy? Write it down. Do you think of dolphins and water, or cars and explosions? Just write it down, and DON’T think “Well, if I just skip one day it won’t matter”, because it really does.

Maybe you’d like to combine this with Palina’s 30 day to success?

Hugs back :hugs:

Remind yourself before you go to sleep, to remember your dreams, reapeat it to yourself until you fall asleep. Then upon waking up in the morning, (or night) don’t move, don’t budge. And keep your eyes closed. And think back on what you were just dreaming about. If you can’t remember anything, think about how you felt when waking up. Just don’t try to forcefully bring back the dream. Softly think about it and it should come to you ^^ and that’s my advice, dunno if it will work.

I feel your frusturation, I am starting from scratch pretty much with my Dream Recall. Melissa and Viking are right in what they say you just have to write down everything.

For example, last night I had three dreams, but I could only remember a fragment of the last dream I had, I remembered legend of zelda, as I was writing down the experience, the room I was playing it in for example, I remembered people in the room, I wrote down what they were doing, something they did reminded me of a dream I had before that, I wrote that down about a flood and whatnot, I then remembered more of the 3rd dream. eventually I remembered the first dream right before I did my WBTB.

Its a tricky process expecially when your starting out, definatly see what works best for you, I usually have the best luck, as soon as I wake up, lay there and try to remember as much as I can (dont focus to hard) then after about a minute or so, go and start writing, explaining every detail, I usually remember more this way.

one time i had a dream that my school was a mall/factory, and my friend accadentally broke a small rule, so the security gaurds put a $2 billion bounty on his and my head because i knew him, so we ran from them, it was fun

I made few days off LDing, and now when im back in it, i lost my recall. And at morning i have to get up to school, im not thinking about dream.

If i even think about it, it’s like i recall thinking “ow , that dream was interesting/awesome/weird”, and nothing more. That’s freighteining.

Anyways, few days ago i had big, round 0 in my head. Now i have LITTLE recall, so there isnt so bad.

Week or one and half, and everything will be like in good old days.

I generaly have good dream recall (about 3-4 dreams on a good night and 1-2 on a bad one) but yesterday I couldn’t even remember 1… :sad:
Oh well, today was one of my best days, I recalled more than 5 dreams!! :content:

Errr… how mant dreams do we have each night?
Because I just woke up and I remember 8!!! :eek:

Shem: association and recurring dream “signs” often help me a lot when trying to recall dreams. I usually have pretty good recall already (it’s rare when I don’t remember at least one dream every day), but sometimes it takes a few minutes.

The thing is more or less to simply think about things you might have dreamt about. In my case, I really often dream about people I know in real life, so when I wake up, I think of them (friends, family, colleagues, etc.), and if did I dream about one of them, a tiny piece of the dream comes back.

By association (I often see my friends at university or work, so perhaps I dreamt I was at university/work) you can then remember other things, until you (hopefully) can reconstruct the entire dream :smile:

SD: I heard that you have about 10/11 dreams a night, but then again, 8 is really a lot :smile: My personal record is 7, after WBTB and a lot of exercises…

I think my dream recall is getting better already, and I’ve only been trying for a few days. At first I would only be able to write maybe one word in my DJ. This morning I filled up almost 2 pages with 2 dreams that I recalled. One was fragmented, the other I remembered pretty good. So it’s getting better and hopefully I can LD soon.

What exactly do you think was contributing to my inability to find my ‘big dream’?

Hey everyone,

Well two nights ago I woke up without a single flicker of recall. I thought it was just a coinsidence but today when I woke up; same thing. No recall; at all. Nothing, no fragments, nothing. I thought and really told myself I would have a dream and be lucid in it, I might have been but I do not remember anything. I went to bed later than usual too. Can it be this? Because this sudden lack of direct recall is really scaring me that I might not be able to get a lucid dream again for a while. Please help. :help: I’ve had excellent recall just three nights ago but now… :sigh: :help: :sad:

At one stage I went through a time of no recall for around 2 weeks. It was…terrible, thats the only way I can put it.
Sometimes no recall comes from both internal and external factors. Think about your life now. Are you stressed, tired, agitated…any lifestyle changes? Changing diet and exercise can also change dream recall, believe it or not. From what I’ve gathered, you’re not trying too hard to LD, so that really isnt a factor. It could just be one of those natural one-offs, you know, your bain needs a break once in awhile! lol :content:

Good luck!

Thanks MissEvil, I hope I get another dream recall tonight or I’ll get really unhappy… it was going so fine until… :sigh: well, once I get the dream and remember it I will not have trouble LD:ing again though :content: