MILD or WILD when poor prospective memory skills?

By its nature the MILD technique requires good prospective memory skills. If a person has poor prospective memory, are they better off perfecting the WILD technique???/

It has been my observation that most LDers put WILD off until they master MILD. The reason for this being WILD is not the easiest induction method in the world. On top of that, WILD is not an induction method that is going to give you 5-6 LDs a night, unless you want to wake 5-6 times a night. LaBerge created MILD because our memory is always intact, even when we are asleep. When MILD is mastered LDs come and go much easier than when WILD is mastered. I have yet to get to this level but this just seems to be the general concensus.
Just some advice. I once attended the Defense Language Institute (DLI) in Monterey, California where I had to learn Korean for the U.S. government in order to help spy on North Korea. It was a super accelerated language course. I met tons of young adults who believed they had made it to DLI by luck and thought they were going to fail out when they heard they were going to have to memorize hundreds of terms a day. I met plenty of people who supposedly had “poor prospective memory”. By the end of the 2 year course a lot of those people were still around! My point: Unless you have a diagnosed condition from a doctor, you probably just haven’t trained your memory.
Just in case I still don’t have you convinced let me provide you with one other story. This story is about my girlfriend. She had one of the worst memories I have ever observed. At first I thought, “this girl’s memory is so bad, its got to be natural”. I was wrong. I have dated her for four years now and over the years I began to notice things. I began to notice that when I would talk to her, she would purposely not pay attention or dismiss what I or other people say as unimportant. She’s not a mean spirited person, its just a habbit she got into. A bad habbit. I began to notice that when she would play a 3-D video game she wouldn’t take the time to memorize what direction a certain building or enemy stood. She wouldn’t ever take the time to memorize enemy attack patterns either. I noticed that she would often watch movies and read literature that didn’t challenge her brain what-so-ever. When she was listening to music one time she said, “this is my favorite song”. In my opinion the song was awful, so I began to wonder why. When I asked her why it was her favorite song her response was “I don’t know”. It kind of upset me that someone could have a favorite anything and not have a deep understanding of it so I helped her brainstorm. I asked her what her favorite lyrics were and she said, “I don’t know I don’t listen to lyrics.” These are just a few examples. After a while I finally realized its not that she had a bad memory, its that she had over the years trained herself to NOT memorize things. I never really saw this as a problem until she got to her first semester at UC Davis (a popular college in california) and nearly failed all of her classes first semester. She tried to tell me it was because she didn’t study but I knew she had been studying at least three hours a day. I confronted her about the situation and she began to cry and talk about how horrible her memory is. I then told her all of the observations I had made. At first she was very stubborn. She tried to act like she was offended and that she had some sort of natural problem. I never bought into it once. I started encouragning her to watch higher level cinema, listen to higher level music (not mainstream garbage), and to read higher level literature. I also told her that no matter how many times she pressed the issue, it was obvious to me that she was just lazy and just didn’t want to take the time to improve her memory. Six months later she passed HARDER classes with flying colors.
Moral of the story: if you convince yourself your memory is bad you are probably subconsciously contributing to the problem.

I personally find WILD more effective than MILD. Why? You don’t need as much motivation for WILD than you do for MILD.

But it’s all personal preference.

I really think it depends on the person, but statistically it seems that MILD gives better results to many dreamers.

I spent 6 months training WILD, only to have the biggest dry spell of my dreaming life. It’s said that WILD can be the greatest technique once mastered, because you can enter them every time you lay down to sleep, but you’ll need to decide for yourself.

All I can say is don’t belittle the power of reality checks. People will often discount them as a beginners technique, but they can give you more LDs than ever if done right. Add them to MILD or WILD, and you’ll be on your way to a lucid lifestyle soon enough.

I completley agree. I’ve had about 30 Ld’s and most of them because of Rcs.

I also agree with MatrixManNeo, that Wild requires less motivation. I can never be bothered to wake up for MILD, but i can be bothered to stay awake conciously for WILD, even though i have only had 2 Wilds, 1 of which was unintentional.

I also completely agree. The only thing I would add is to keep a DJ as well. RC + keeping a DJ can help you achieve lucidity.

When it comes to MILD V. WILD I honestly can not say that one is better than the other as a general rule. Both are powerful tools and can give you lucid dreams at will. When choosing between the two it comes down to the individual. Everyone is different and people have to pick a technique that works best for them.

Definitely agreed. Of my past 50 LD’s, I’d say about 30 are RC’s and 20 are WILD’s…