What Book Are You Reading? — Part II

[color=#cc3333]This is part II of the discussion. The first part can be found here.[/color]

[color=#cc3333][/color]

Hermann Hesse - Der Steppenwolf :smile:

Invisible Man, by Ralph Ellison. I have to finish it in a week and I have 400 pages to go.

The Child In Time - Ian McEwan. I’m a huge fan of his, and am deciding at the moment on the books I’m going to base my independent study on next year.

Is it that one book about a guy in a big colourful city? I remember reading a book with that name a long while ago. It began awesome, it was like a big metaphor, but the author couldn’t develop it decently, so he started focusing in the main character and their story, and to me the book became a big stupid cliché full of wasted potential. (That’s very inspiring to say to someone who needs to finish the book in a week, heh.) But the beggining of that book was awesome. And some parts of it are just scarily good. :shock: Still, overall, if it’s the book I’m thinking about, I didn’t like it.

I just finished Eragon by Christopher Paolini on Sat. Later Sunday evening I started on the half blood prince. I’m now on page 457

The Bride of Dreams, Van Eeden’s classic.

It’s a brilliant book for any lucid dreamer.
Also rereading Lucid Dreaming, by Dr.Laberge.

I’m reading The Handling Of The Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist
And the trilogy by Bruno K Öijer

L’Aleph - a collection of Stories by Jorge Luis Borges. Started reading it today for the second time. Read from it today:
*) Deutsches Requiem: a former Nazi officer who writes about his life and thoughts the night before his execution.
*) Averroes’ Quest: Averroes, trying to write a commentary of the works of Aristotle, fails to grasp the meaning of two words: tragoedia and comoedia, but just then, a conversation with a traveller reveals it to him.

Investigations of a Dog by Franz Kafka. A dog writing about his life, the institution of dogdom and its laws, and how he doesn’t quite belong in there.

I found a book my dad got for me a long time ago. It seems pretty interesting so i’m going to start reading it :

Building Mental Muscle
by David Gamon and Allen D. Bragdon

“Rare Earth” by Peter D. Ward & Donald Brownlee

It’s really cool, about how extremely low the chances are of finding an earth-like planet in the universe that can sustain intelligent life.

On the Road, Jack Kerouac (the guy in my avatar).

The newspaper published a pic of him, and commented about what a great writer and a role model for humankind he was. I was so shocked I couldn’t help but read again everything I had from him, and now I couldn’t resist buying On the Road (last time I read in Portuguese, borrowed from a friend).

Boy, he’s even influencing my dreams! :shock: Reading his work is cathartical, refreshing, renewing.

The Dream Cycle of H P Lovecraft. Great stuff, at least some of it.

Yes! First post! :content:

I’m currently actually reading Clive Barker’s Book Of Blood 2, but I can’t seem to find the time now that school has started. I also have problems with enjoying dreams a lot in that time.

I just finished that one. Now I’m going to read Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. :content:

I’m now reading La Chute (The Fall) by Albert Camus.

Bless me, Ultima. By Rudolfo Anaya

really, really good. Very magical.

Fools Fate by Robin Hobb. Wonderful read, all of her books. Unfortunately I do hardly find time to read these days :eh:

The Inaginary

It’s a philosophical piece that explores perception and imagination, and pretty much everything else that has to do with the conscious and subconscious mind :wink:

Just started Candide by Voltaire.

I’m reading Cross Bones again before I read the lastest one Break no Bones.