"Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin Dies

as we all know steve irwin “the crocodile hunter” died yesterday and i thought it would be nice to have a little grave site for him in his memory sorry if theres already a post like this but you can merge them if there is.

ill start off

Steve lived a very nice life and had a better life than most people because he got to do what he loved for a job even though thats what took him out i will miss you steve

Steve was honestly concerned about his crocodiles. He didn’t merely want to exploit them for fun and profit. He wanted to save them, and give them all chances at happy lives. He wanted his crocodiles to live like any animal should.

When you go down in the water with a crocodile you lack some sort of commn sense In my opinion.
But he doesnt need to be a bad person of that reason , and maybe he helped doing something important doing it , I dont know.

If he was a good guy , wanting the ebst for those animals i dont see any reason to dance on his grave.

But , like Lars Monsen (norwegian outdoors/nature “hero” on tv) said about a guy making a movie of hopw he treated and contacted bears…

The bear guy tried to (and said it was smart too) scare the bear away to keep it from attacking you.

The bear-guy died , and they have the sound-tapes…
But didnt publish em

Like lars monsen said,out of 100 bears 99 isnt angry/bad looking at strangers/easily attacking.
But that 1 doesnt wear a sign.

WHen making a movie of how you are safe with them , but arent, you deserve it.

He was a good man, living dangerously and having a good time. The only thing I find strange about his death is this…

He has been bitten by loads of snakes, faced crocodiles, done nearly everything, and a stingray, something thats mostly harmless, is what killed him.

RIP Steve, have a good time wrestling crocs in the big river in the sky.

I’m going to miss him a lot, I really respected him, simply because he really believed in what he was doing, whether it was recording a documentry, saving an animal, whatever :sad:
Besides, he died doing what he loved.

I just hope that his death doesn’t make people think ‘Ha! See, stingrays and crocodiles and sharks are all vicious killers!’ …it’s not necessarily true, and it’s certainly not what good ol’ Steve would want everyone to think.

Anyway, I wish his family all the best :smile:

He had such gusto for life… it’s really terrible. More people need to passionately live their dreams. Steve Irwin, you will be missed. RIP.

How sad… :sad:

I don’t think he was foolish at all.
He had a passion for animals and the such and in his eyes, he wasn’t doing anything stupid. It was his life and he loved every bit of it.

I once saw an episode where an old crocodile that he had caught himself to bring to the zoo, died…and of old age. She had many many babies and contributed to populating the zoo perhaps more than any other crocodile there. He was so upset and literally cried. That man had a big heart and a family who loved him so much. RIP

Want to know how I found out he was dead?

A poll on IGN on the Smackdown gaming board. The poll options were:
(question: is the roster upto your expectations)
Hell Yeah… Awesome
Its good… but could be better
Meh
Sucks… THQ fail
WT*… Steve Irwin is dead!?

Nice eh.

I used to watch Steve Irwin alot, he always amazed me. What he was willing to do to help people better understand animals and respect them. You always know that doing these things, it will get you eventually. But the fact that the Stingray pierced his heart, it just doesn’t seem right.

But even his death is a lesson of sorts, no matter how much you know about animals they are still dangerous to you.

When I saw the headline on my home page I couldn’t believe it, in fact, I still can’t believe it…It just doesn’t sit right with me. I used to watch his shows all the time when I was growing up and his enthusiasm really drove me to respect all walks of life no matter how insignificant they may appear to be. Everyone always used to laugh thinking about that one time he would play with fire and get burned, but now that it has come to pass, nobody is laughing.

It’s cruel and ironic that a man who risked his well being around preditors daily and championed the conservation of all animals should be killed by the most humble of creatures. Pierced through the very heart he gave to protect them…

Steve Irwin died doing what he believed in, we should all be so fortunate. With his passing some of us have lost a hero, a husband, or a father, but as long as he lives on in your heart, nothing can take him away from you. Godspeed Steve, wherever you may be.

Ryan.

This and nothing else that Bruno or these Yahoo idiots said.

im watching the news story on his life here in australia, its acutally sad, i didnt know the guy, but the impact he made was large and he deserves to be respected, not shot down. Who cares if he did reckless things at least he was game enough to get out there and actually do it and it is a very sad story on how he died, after he finished the documentry he went back in to make a movie for his daughter. Its ironic and sad. Have some respect

I keep coming back to this thought. He died doing what he loved. I read he pulled the stinger out himself, so he knew what was going on. Still, it wasn’t a car crash or war that killed him.

He was doing what he loved. He will be missed.

:sad:

Meh… :sad: I used to watch his shows when I was a kid - I loved his fresh approach to reporting wildlife sightings.

:sad: Steve was such a cool guy…I always watched Croc Hunter AND Croc Diaries…when I heard that he died I thought it was a hoax at first, but when it became apparently true…:sad: I’m still too shocked to really say anything about it…watching his shows is really gonna be different now…

…how ironic, though…:neutral:

He’s still the coolest Wildlife hero ever :ok:

My brother once told me “hey look at this guy! He always talks that rediciouslous and does cool stuff!” and we laughed a lot just listening to him speak.

…What I find really shocking is that he didn’t die from all those crocs and stuff he went close to…

But a stingray which he had the bad luck to have it sting him through his heart. He would have survived otherwise…

Just shows us how unpredictable things can be.

Someone at school made an excellent point today that I thought I would share…they said…

“when u have two kids. and u know something could happen. and ur kids are going to have to grow up without a dad. there is a time to stop it all…its still really sad and he will be missed”

It made me really think about his kids…
:sad:

They are going to grow up only seeing videos of their dad.

Yeah…but, I guess sh*t happens :neutral: Very sad for his family, though :sad:

I agree, afterall, wrangling crocodiles is rather dangerous, but remember that his death was such an abnormal event…the third recorded death in australia, in history, from a stingray. It kind of goes to show you that it could have happened to anyone in that situation…still, such a shame, I’m going to miss him.

I was sad to hear he died. Although I don’t watch his show now, I’m certainly familiar with him, and I used to watch his show occasionally when I was younger. I feel that, on the one hand, it’s terrible and somewhat unfair that he died from such a comparatively harmless animal as a stingray, but on the other hand, I suppose it’s better that he wasn’t mangled by an alligator. I’m sure it would have been discomforting to his family if he had suffered such a gruesome death.

Reportedly the footage of his death will be broadcast, by request of his family. I’m not sure I really want to see that.

In memory of him, here’s a funny quote of his that I came across:

It’s strange to think that such an animated guy is dead now. I’m going to miss him. :sad: