The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part IV

first post, first LD possibly
last night’s dream

I was standing in a big circle of people that I didn’t know but I thought I did since I was dreaming. I couldn’t tell if I was inside or outside because there was this blue fog that killed my depth perception. Everyone was talking about Don Juan and what a great guy he is and stuff. Then my car, which was parked not too far away from me started by itself. It drove up to me and I opened the door to get in. I sat down and put on my seat belt and I can’t really accurately describe the feeling I had when sitting there. It felt like I was occupying the same physical space as someone else at the same time, like there was someone inside me or I was inside them. It was wierd. Shortly thereafter the car drove into the center of the people and it ROSE OFF THE GROUND!! As soon as I realized what was happening I shot up into the sky so far so fast that I’d say within 4-5 seconds I was in orbit. I could literally look out the windows and see Earth below me. And as fast as it happened I dropped back down to Earth. That happened 3 times. On the third time I leaned forward to look out the window and the car started to flip the way I was turning and I tumbled to the ground and landed in a forest. Then I woke up in my dream (false awakening) and told one of my fellow Geek Squad Agents that I had this awesome dream where I was in a flying car and he said he’d had the same dream and that it was important to never tell anyone about it.

Whaddaya think?

Later,
Dave

Hey guys I’ve been browsing these forums on and off for awhile now but I finally signed up! :content:

Now, I’ve been consistently having dreams where I realize that I’m dreaming, but I’m unable to do anything in it. Like, just yesterday, I had a dream where I found myself walking in a house that, although different, felt like it really was my home. As I continued walking I began to realize that this wasn’t my real home. Now, I don’t really remember if I willingly did this or not (I think it was instinctive) but I looked at my hands. They were severely distorted so at that point I said to myself that I was dreaming. I then ran into my parents’ bedroom and told my mother that I was dreaming (this wasn’t done willingly). After that my memory gets kind of fuzzy (I think this was when I was woken up by my doorbell.)

Was this a fully lucid dream? I wasn’t really able to forcefully do anything that I willingly wanted to do. This has been occurring in many of my questionably lucid dreams. It’s as if even though I know I’m dreaming all I can do is just watch what happens.

Is there some way where I can fully control my dreams?

Oh yeah and another thing, before the dream I just mentioned, I was having another dream where some person with a bright radiance (aura?) held my hand and told me he’d show me the universe…so we basically flew through the cosmos. It was an amazing feeling (hehe just thought I’d tell you guys)…I tend to have several different nonrealated dreams when I go to sleep…

Welcome to LD4all Dave,

It was a nice dream and there happened some strange things, but you never say in the dream you know you’re dreaming. So I wouldn’t say it’s a Lucid Dream when I read that.

Keep on trying and you might get a Lucid Dream soon. I wish you good luck.

Welcome wickedchild,
I merged your tread in the big was this a LD topic :content:

That’s a lucid dream. In a Lucid Dream you know you’re dreaming and that’s what you’re doing. You don’t need to have control in a lucid dream for it being a Lucid Dream. It’s only a thing that you can use. There are however different levels in lucidity. You have low lucidity and you have higher lucidity. If you are more aware you have a higher state of lucidity.

The way to fully control your dreams is just really believe you are able to do it. Try to search for shortcuts if something doesn’t work the way you want it. Don’t doubt for a bit that you won’t be able to do it, just believe that you can. If only a bit of you thinks you can’t make it you might not be able to make it.

Over the past 2 nights I think I’ve had a couple lucid dreams, but am not sure. The night before tonight I had what I think was my first lucid dream in along time. (I just started reading about this stuff a month ago.) It started out as a normal dream (well, normal as dreams go) and I was walking outside and I heard a mumbled voice from all around and thought I heard it say “wake up” in the dream so I figured I must be dreaming and someone is trying to wake me up. I now realize my dream was tricking me, it was 1:00 in the morning. But that did not sink in anyway, later on I heard a mumbled voice from all around, and knew my mother was inside so I thought I must be dreaming, I looked at my hands, was missing my pinkies, and thought I’m lucid. I remembered I should not get too excited or I might wake up. I started to fly and the world started to darken. I think I may have become less conscious at this point, I did not think of any of the methods for recovering the Dream World. Instead I got scared and told myself to wake up. I did, it was 1:00 am.

I went back to bed at 1:3# am and had another dream (it was a nightmare actually), I don’t think I was lucid till the end when I was running out side, looked back at my brother, and wondered why I was running. Thought I must be dreaming and walked up to him. I tried to ask him what he represented and could not talk. He started to eat me, so I kissed him on the cheek and then woke up.

Tonight I think I had a lucid dream. I don’t remember what happened before I realized I was dreaming but I did, looked at my hands and saw I had six fingers. So I tried to see the sky but I was inside and the window was blocked. I looked at my couch and tried to tell it to disappear, but could not speak. Everything started to warp and I had a false awakening. I woke up on the couch and thought what a weird dream. I stepped into the kitchen and saw my father. I don’t know why but I realized I was dreaming again and picked up an eraser and threw it at him. He asked me why I did that and I told him it was a dream. He told me sometimes we wish life was a dream but it isn’t. He got mad, I looked at my hands and saw they were normal, I thought I was awake. I walked outside, saw a second father (a dream sign for me, two fathers, two cats, two lamps, two of everything, depending on the dream) I looked at my hands harder this time. They sort of faded between six fingers and the what I thought was the normal amount, five fingers (and one thumb) I still released I was dreaming looked at the sky, It was mostly normal. I sat down on the road, and started hopping; I think this is when I lost my lucidity. I slowly turned into a frog, in my mind, in my dream being my physical form was quite human. My toes kept getting caught in the pavement, then I woke up.

Basically, how do I know if I’m dreaming about being lucid or if I am, and what is your opinion on the preceding dreams.

Hi trevorlsciact, welcome to LD4all! :wave:

No doubt, it was LD’s. :happy: Now if you didn’t see a clear difference between your previous ND and your LD, it was perhaps because your lucidity was low.

Try to perform a more “physical” reality check when supposing you’re lucid or after realizing you’re dreaming, for instance stretching a finger, putting a finger through your palm or a wall, etc.

Too bad you had difficulties to talk. :sad: When talking to a DC, you can still use telepathy. When trying to say verbal commands, try to shout them loud. You can use this too to enhance your lucidity level, by shouting “More lucidity!” or something like that. You’ll perhaps have a strange voice, but it’s rather efficient. :smile:

Merged into the “BIG Was this a LD?” topic

I think that I had my first LD today but it may not have been. It wasn’t through reality checks or WILD/MILD etc. Throughout the dreams there were a number of slightly abnormal occurrences (a radio news reader swearing and somehow I could see visual images even though I was listening to the radio). Then, I heard my sister calling me as if she was in pain. But it was from the wrong bedroom and then I realised that she wasn’t home that night and I realised I must be dreaming. However, out of excitement, I woke up slightly and it seemed as if I was between conscious and dream state. For a few seconds I could move my dream character a bit but it was not as if I was that person (i.e. 3rd person view) I may have been lucid but it must have been extremely low lucidity. What do you think, was I lucid in your opinion? I know I should have used the spinning method to reenter the dream but I forgot it (probably out of excitement) I also have a feeling that it may have been me dreaming that I had an LD.

As long as you are aware that you are dreaming you are Lucid dreaming.

I think I had an LD last night, but I’m not sure. It could be false.
In my dream I saw myself, and then, like a second later, I looked through my own eyes again. The day before I read something about unstable vision and I remembered that in my dream. So I said to myself: “I’m dreaming.”
I tried things I cannot remember. Moments later, I woke up.

Was I dreaming I said: “Im dreaming.”? Or was it actually a LD?

:help:
HB

giospurs,
The strangest thing can happen in dreams, when people still don’t know they’re dreaming. Only look atWhat huge dreamsign have you missed lately? like krakotoa said, as long as you are aware that you are dreaming you are Lucid dreaming. So the thing is you have to think about is; did you realise you were dreaming inside the dream? If the answer to this question yes is, you had a lucid dream.

HB,
Since you said “I’m dreaming” I would say it is a LD. Congratulations!

Thanks for the help! :smile:

HB

I was looking over my DJ, and I realized that it might not be a FLD after all. Even so… I need to know. Is this a Lucid Dream?

I was in my bedroom, near the television. Both of my brothers were standing near me. I said to myself, “I will remember this dream!” But a second later, I tapped my head and shouted, “I’m lucid!” I felt a snapping sensation in my forehead, and immediately started to levitate. I then ran through the house messing things up. I later “noticed that I was losing lucidity” and spun around, but to no avail. I saw an image of the world spinning as I did.

Now, let me explain, I had no control over myself during this dream. Not even while I was levitating, or when I ran through my house. This left me perplexed, and if it weren’t for that detail, I wouldn’t have doubted it. That’s why I need help.

Sometimes we don’t have control in a lucid dream, and sometimes we don’t take the control we could have in a lucid dream, just because we want to go with the flow. This doesn’t mean, however, that we’re not lucid. As longs as you are aware you were dreaming you were lucid, no matter how many/less control you have.

Sometimes we also have dreams were we don’t realise we’re dreaming but do have control. These dreams aren’t Lucid Dreams.

Since you say that you shouted “I’m lucid!” in the dream, I think you were aware of the fact you were dreaming. I can’t speak for you, since I didn’t have the dream and I can’t speak for sure, but according to what I’ve read and know I would say it was a lucid dream with a low lucidity level.

It was really hard for me to tell if this was a LD. Last night, I tried the WBTB method as well as WILD. Before I fell asleep, I realized I was in sleep paralysis, which was the most interesting experience after. As soon as I began to dream, I remember telling myself that I was dreaming. However, almost immediately afterwards, I woke up.

Thanks, that clears things up. :content:

I was aware. I knew I was dreaming. But that’s what counts, right? I sort of knew that it was an LD the second I woke up, but I began to doubt that on account of the zero control thing.
Ah well, it’ll all be better next time. Thanks again, Sandra! :colgate:

Obviously, it was the beginning of a LD. Too bad you woke up immediatly. :sad:
Better luck next time! :smile:

How about meta-dreams, do they count? I dreamt that I had a lucid dream. I did hand-rubbing and all kinds of stuff, and when I woke up(still in the dream) I was happy I had such a good lucid. That seems like a bordercase to me.

It seems a bordercase as you said. If you’ve dreamt that you did lucid stuff yet without realizing it was a dream, it was a False Lucid Dream. If you realized it, it was a LD.

Anyhow, all those kinds of dreams (FLD, dreaming about dreams) are prelucid dreams and it’s a good sign, it shows that you close to a LD. :smile:

Topic merged into the BIG “Was this a LD?” topic

In one dream, long ago, that I remember with reasonable clarity, I was standing in the middle of my living room. I was looking around. The light that filled the room was far too bright and far too white (that fact that the walls and furniture in the room were white in RL at the time might have had something to do with it). I looked over at the couch, and for no reason that I can determine, I just blurted out “This has to be a dream.”

No reality check, no mnenomic induction, no techniques or tricks. Usually I just accept dreams as they are, no matter how strange (even this really, really weird nightmare where my mother turned into a rat, a kid with downs syndrome was sitting in the den eating rubbery chocolate, and my house was horrendously distorted), and I never become lucid. Nothing about this particular dream seemed at all odd except for the light. Was it the light that induced it?

Anyways, after I declared that this was a dream, something popped into my head. I’ve tried to obtain lucid dreaming ever since I heard of it, and when I finally thought it happened, I was stunned. I said silently to myself “Oh my God… I did it… I did it…”

Unfortunately, my control was very limited. Even though I realized it was a dream, I still felt so detatched from it, I didn’t do much, and it hardly lasted any time at all. All that I did was walk over to the porch door and open it, nearly being blinded by the bright light. That’s all that I remember; I might have woken up by this point. I haven’t had a dream that I even thought was lucid since.

This may be why I have such a trying time in trying to understand lucid dreaming. Most of my other dreams are so odd and clearly unreal, and yet I believe them. This dream was so conventional and passive, I would have easily thought it was reality, but I didn’t. I realized it was a dream. Or did I just dream that I did…? The real problem I’m having is that I’m not even sure this lucid dream was real; perhaps it was all just part of the dream.

So confusing… if I could just achieve true lucidity, I could find some answers.

I’m not an expert, but I know what you mean. I have had two dreams like that, one where I’m sure I just dreamt that I was lucid, and one I’m not sure of(I had a lucid dream within a dream that started with me going asleep).

After having a real lucid, you feel great. You feel a differance between it and those other attempts. You feel reassured, it really works. Then after a while, as the recall of the dream fades, you get a little uncertain. Did I really decide those things? Was I really aware?

That’s how it is for me at any rate. I reckon it depends a lot on recall. If you have great recall, I think you’re usually not so unsure.

My recall could be better, I guess. I go months without anything to enter in my Dream Log. I usually remember dreams best when I’m woken up before they’re over.